Thai central bank chief - Baht strength from current account surplus, not rate hike

webfact

On 2/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, HampiK said:

Not really. https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=THB&view=10Y

Baht to US$ in 2010-2013 was even worse. Maybe the years are not entire correct. But I remember the Baht to Swiss was down to 28. Right now it's 31...  In average most swiss are happy with 33-34.. but yes now it's low for us too. 

Let's check again in maybe 6 months, 12 months… we will see how it looks then...

I think you are misunderstanding your chart. When that line on that chart is low, the baht is strong.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:30 PM, HampiK said:

All the people who changed enough money before are now happy, that they not have to change with the low rates in the next few months. The only question is, how long till the baht become worse again. a few months, a few years? As someone told before it's always an up and down. I remember much stronger thai baht about 10-15 years back. I hope it will not become that strong again, but who knows. I also would appreciate when the baht become lower again, but I have still enough funds in Thailand so not need to worry.

I believe you are VERY wrong now!
I lived here that time TOO, and the THB was about 40% WEAKER in 2007 than it it is now!
Reality check, please!!!

On 2/15/2019 at 12:14 PM, marcusarelus said:

I wrote, "The worlds economy and population and production has been going up for 2000 years.  When do you think it will come down"

You did not answer the question - instead tried to divert the statement.  If you want me to educate you first you have to answer my simple question.  

Yeah right, do you think of countries like Venezuela, Italy, Sweden and Greece when you say economy going up for 2000 yrs?
Reality check, please!

Archived