Bank letters valid for from Thai Bank?

Hi

Can anyone confirm that letters from the local thai bank confirming the 800,000 deposit for retirement visa have to be done on the day  of visit to IO?

Before it was a couple of days. Also do you now need a summary of your bank statements as well as certain pages from your bankbook?

Any help will be appreciated.

It depends upon the office you are applying at. Most will accept one from the day before some about 3 days.

Many want the bank book updated on the day you apply. All will want copies of the bank book showing at least 3 months to prove the money has been in the bank that long.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RayongRob said:

Hi

Can anyone confirm that letters from the local thai bank confirming the 800,000 deposit for retirement visa have to be done on the day  of visit to IO?

Before it was a couple of days. Also do you now need a summary of your bank statements as well as certain pages from your bankbook?

Any help will be appreciated.

Would we be correct in inferring from your username that it is, in fact, the Rayong Immigration Office based in Maptaput that you are talking about?

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the office you are applying at. Most will accept one from the day before some about 3 days.

Many want the bank book updated on the day you apply. All will want copies of the bank book showing at least 3 months to prove the money has been in the bank that long.

Ubonjoe ... in a related question .. is it true that moving forward, we would be required to keep that 800,000 + account balance for 90 days AFTER getting the Visa / renewal?

24 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Ubonjoe ... in a related question .. is it true that moving forward, we would be required to keep that 800,000 + account balance for 90 days AFTER getting the Visa / renewal?

Under the rules that go into effect on March 1st you must keep the 800k baht for 3 months after the date you apply and then 400k up to the date you top up your account for the next extension.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Under the rules that go into effect on March 1st you must keep the 800k baht for 3 months after the date you apply and then 400k up to the date you top up your account for the next extension.

Perfect!  Thank you!  This is not an issue for me, but I do fear a lot of "top up / stamp & go" folks are in for a very nasty surprise in 2020.

At CM immigration in November, the bank letter seemed to be irrelevant. The bank statement was what they looked at very carefully.
My bank letter balance was slightly different from my statement, they never bothered, but copied my book as well. This was last month.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, MosMing said:

What exactly is this 'letter' from the bank? Is it simply a bank statement?

It is a letter confirming your account is valid with your current balance shown on it.

A bank book or a statement is also needed with it to prove the money has been in the bank for 2 or 3 months or your monthly income if using the income option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a letter confirming your account is valid with your current balance shown on it.

A bank book or a statement is also needed with it to prove the money has been in the bank for 2 or 3 months or your monthly income if using the income option.

Illogical duplication. If the bank book is updated 1-2 days before showing it to the IO, I would have thought that was sufficient evidence the account is valid. Unless there is an industry specializing in forged passbooks.

The Thai addiction to paper everything could use some modernization.