BANGKOK 19 July 2019 13:11
snoop1130

The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards says kicking heroin is easier than quitting smoking

The Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards says kicking heroin is easier than quitting smoking

by Nick Reilly

GettyImages-984676068-1220x775.jpg

Keith Richards Credit: Getty

Legendary Rolling Stones hellraiser Keith Richards has revealed how he’s trying to quit smoking – but it’s proving harder than kicking a heroin habit.

Despite a lifetime of notorious debauchery, the music icon is favouring a healthier lifestyle these days, having announced plans to give up drinking last year.

But it seems that cigarettes are the one vice that he’s really struggling to kick.

“I have tried. So far, unsuccessfully,” Keith told Mojo.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-rolling-stones-keith-richards-says-kicking-heroin-is-easier-than-quitting-smoking-2447738

because heroine is perceived as a nemesis whereas a cigarette is a friend for all occasions.

I think "Still life with the Woodpecker" summed it all up nicely when referring to a pack of Camel.

Keith Richards is lucky to be alive after abusing his body for so many years. I would suspect he is a chain smoker. In so many photos I have seen of him, he always has a weed.

even harder than kicking heroine or cigarettes for keith is putting a low e string back on

• Haha 2

It's true, he is correct. On the other hand cocaine is easy to give up if you can't afford it!