BANGKOK 21 April 2019 05:45
richiejom

Best Courier from UK to Thailand

On 2/16/2019 at 1:33 AM, Henryford said:

I recently had my credit card delivered to Thailand via DHL. Good service in about 4 days. Expensive though 39 GBP as it was delivered to my condo, maybe cheaper if it goes to their office here. A friend sent it but didn't declare it as a credit card, to avoid any issues. Just placed it between cardboard sheets so it wasn't obviously a CC.

Did it go to your condo office?  do the condo staff have to phone you to come and sign for it coz I don't even trust the condo staff these days..the staff could sign for it and then DHL wash their hands of it

People saying to put the address in Thai but I'd imagine for 40 quid DHL the English version will be fine..I just want to make sure the office staff contact me to come and sign for it or that they don't lose it when its arrived

Edited by richiejom

I always use royal mail international tracked never had a problem, just had 4 replacement cards sent  today £10, they should be here by monday next week.

14 hours ago, richiejom said:

Did it go to your condo office?  do the condo staff have to phone you to come and sign for it coz I don't even trust the condo staff these days..the staff could sign for it and then DHL wash their hands of it

People saying to put the address in Thai but I'd imagine for 40 quid DHL the English version will be fine..I just want to make sure the office staff contact me to come and sign for it or that they don't lose it when its arrived

No DHL delivered direct to my condo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

No DHL delivered direct to my condo.

Thing is our condo you need a keyfob to get through the bottom doors, the security would probably open the door but don't know if they let them go upstairs. I definitely want to use DHL though... 6 weeks now I think the unregistered one was knicked somewhere along the line

Edited by richiejom

12 hours ago, baggies666 said:

I always use royal mail international tracked never had a problem, just had 4 replacement cards sent  today £10, they should be here by monday next week.

Yeah Royal Mail tracked is good... untracked they know they can knick it if they so wish which is what seems to have happened in this instance. Had another package untracked with a necklace knicked a few years ago as well.  Can't wait after the length Ive waited already so going for DHL just on speed

12 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Blimey, what a drama queen. Sounds like you are in tears over it all. Corrie has nothing on you mate.

Yes because it was a special Debit Card which I had to wait since December 16th to parents address from Transferwise, now I have to wait for them to issue another one.  I don't watch junk on TV so I don't know what you're referring to

47 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Thing is our condo you need a keyfob to get through the bottom doors, the security would probably open the door but don't know if they let them go upstairs. I definitely want to use DHL though... 6 weeks now I think the unregistered one was knicked somewhere along the line 

DHL rang me when they arrived to i just went downstairs and signed for the parcel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richiejom said:

Yes because it was a special Debit Card which I had to wait since December 16th to parents address from Transferwise, now I have to wait for them to issue another one.  I don't watch junk on TV so I don't know what you're referring to

I got one of those cards from transferwise attached to my border accounts, I have never used it do you think it will any good for over here as atm charges hit you hard here?

On 2/26/2019 at 7:34 AM, baggies666 said:

I got one of those cards from transferwise attached to my border accounts, I have never used it do you think it will any good for over here as atm charges hit you hard here?

Yes mate its an excellent thing to have...its another tool in your Arsenal. Me and my wife buy things on my UK debit card all the time at 7 Eleven, Tesco, Tops and Familymart.  Even though we have a Thai bank it means we don't have to transfer money all the time.

You can buy things at 7 Eleven normally without the 2.9% + 1.50/50p charges..

Now you know why I was drama about it being knicked in the mail

• Like 1