Which colour 3M FILTRETE captures 2.5

mikey88

Hmmm..... I've only ever seen one color sold here and it's white. We buy it every year and have so for about 6 years now. The problem at the moment is that you can't get it anywhere. Home Pro, 3M shop, Lazada.... all sold out for weeks.

I just looked at the 3M website. They are all white but one which is grey and I believe it was for odor control or something.

Looks like the same thing.  That's weird.  I paid $100 last night and now it is $78, but that is for 6 boxes, not one, if I understand correctly.  Arriving February 21st to 26th it says.

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$37.41
Shipping & Handling:
$21.59

Total before tax:
$59.00
Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00
Import Fees Deposit
$19.04

Grand Total:
$78.04

Home Pro usually sells 2 packs for 200 Baht (buy one, get one free). 3M shop sells one pack for 200 Baht. But it looks like the stock normally available in Thailand is all sold out since things got so bad in Bangkok, so some vendors are importing from the USA and price gouging. Also if you look at those shops on Lazada selling these items, most are brand new shops and they have no sales at all, which at those prices is no surprise. You also have to be careful of Lazada shops located in China (or in Bangkok for that matter) selling 3M at the moment. 3M does have factories in China making filtrete, masks and so forth, but a Pharmacist friend told me that there are thousands of fake 3M products suddenly on the market here in Thailand.

I think the purple is the 2.5 rated product but be careful, they only capture a percentage of particulates. When particles become that size or even smaller, like the smoke presently blowing over from Cambodia, the haze behaves more like a gas and won't be arrested by these filters. You need activated carbon in unison with the filter to remove VOCs like those released by burning and you need to replace the carbon OFTEN. It's cheaper, and pretty easy, to build your own air filter system with activated carbon (the same stuff in water filters), a HEPA filter, and duct tape.

8 hours ago, elektrified said:

Home Pro usually sells 2 packs for 200 Baht (buy one, get one free). 3M shop sells one pack for 200 Baht. But it looks like the stock normally available in Thailand is all sold out since things got so bad in Bangkok, so some vendors are importing from the USA and price gouging. Also if you look at those shops on Lazada selling these items, most are brand new shops and they have no sales at all, which at those prices is no surprise. You also have to be careful of Lazada shops located in China (or in Bangkok for that matter) selling 3M at the moment. 3M does have factories in China making filtrete, masks and so forth, but a Pharmacist friend told me that there are thousands of fake 3M products suddenly on the market here in Thailand.

My guess is that those Lazada shops with the huge markup don't even order from the USA or wherever until they receive a Lazada order.  

1 hour ago, ricklev said:

My guess is that those Lazada shops with the huge markup don't even order from the USA or wherever until they receive a Lazada order.  

Yes, I agree. In fact most orders for air quality items like filters and masks on Lazada, have a 2 week lead time before the items are even shipped. If you check those two links impulse posted earlier, you will see that those sellers haven't even made one sale yet. I noticed that when I was searching for filtrete the other day. I asked at the 3M shop when they would have more and they said "hopefully soon" and they get dozens of inquiries each day.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

Yes, I agree. In fact most orders for air quality items like filters and masks on Lazada, have a 2 week lead time before the items are even shipped. If you check those two links impulse posted earlier, you will see that those sellers haven't even made one sale yet. I noticed that when I was searching for filtrete the other day. I asked at the 3M shop when they would have more and they said "hopefully soon" and they get dozens of inquiries each day.

Hi...where is the 3M shop located....

11 hours ago, elektrified said:

On Thannon Wulai - where the Saturday Walking Street market is held. I believe the actual name of the shop is Schneider Electric, but a google search of "3M Shop Chiang Mai" will get you there.

Good one....much appreciated..

Archived