Jump to content
BANGKOK 27 March 2019 01:08
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Michigan man dies after falling into tank of sulfuric acid

Recommended Posts

A worker at a plant in Michigan died over the weekend after falling into a tank of sulfuric acid, officials said.

 

The incident took place on Saturday at the Michigan Seamless Tube plant in South Lyon, located west of Detroit.

 

Fire Chief Robert Vogel told the Detroit News that 54-year-old Daniel Hill was fully submerged in the 10 percent to 12 percent sulfuric acid solution as co-workers tried to pull him out.

 

"He was completely submerged and was 100 percent covered in burns," he told the Detroit News. "The gentleman was trying to get out. They ran and grabbed him and pulled him out."

 

Employees placed him under a safety shower before he was transported to the hospital.

 

"He was speaking when we were there," Vogel told the Detroit News. "He was walking and talking. Unfortunately, he passed. It was pretty extreme burns."


Officials told Fox 2 that Hill was transported to the hospital but died later that day.

 

The Centers for Disease Control says that sulfuric acid is destructive to the skin, eyes, teeth and lungs. Any "severe exposure" may result in death.

 


Full article
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used that stuff whilst cleaning hotel kitchens and boy that was a dreadful way to go and at best he would have been scorched beyond recognition .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...