Cost for Circumcision for a Newborn?

mal129

My newborn son was born at a government hospital and they do not perform circumcisions. The hospital directed us to one of their pediatricians, but he said he only does the operation if it is medically necessary. Have any of you, or anyone your know had a circumcision performed in Thailand? Experiences and cost? Thanks 

There are differing opinions on this. Many ethnic groups and religious groups do it routinely without ill effect. In any case as prior Mod said this thread is for orividing info on drs and costs not debating oros and cons of the procedure.

OP you can certainly get this done at Bumrungrad as they cater to large number of Middleasterners. I can't recommend a soecific doctor though. Call or email them.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I shopped around and found Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to be the winner. Other private hospitals quoted me B25,000, B32,000 and B75,000. A simple outpatient procedure was only B12,500 at Bangkok Hospital. The service was excellent and I am very satisfied.    

18 minutes ago, mal129 said:

UPDATE: I shopped around and found Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to be the winner. Other private hospitals quoted me B25,000, B32,000 and B75,000. A simple outpatient procedure was only B12,500 at Bangkok Hospital. The service was excellent and I am very satisfied.    

I just hope your son doesn't grow up to loathe you for unnecessarily mutilating his genitals, depriving him of sensitivity.  On the plus side, there are foreskin regeneration techniques that he may want to use.

7 minutes ago, Oxx said:

I just hope your son doesn't grow up to loathe you for unnecessarily mutilating his genitals, depriving him of sensitivity.  On the plus side, there are foreskin regeneration techniques that he may want to use.

How do you know it reduces sensitivity?  Presumably you haven't had both situations while sexually active.  I thank the  Lord that my parents had me circumcised, as my wife and I did for our Son. And if it has in some way reduced sensitivity in me, well, sometimes, that is no bad thing.  

On 2/15/2019 at 12:08 AM, mal129 said:

My newborn son was born at a government hospital and they do not perform circumcisions.

Rubbish. They do it for free. Had my son done when having his hernia sorted.

33 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

How do you know it reduces sensitivity?  Presumably you haven't had both situations while sexually active.  I thank the  Lord that my parents had me circumcised, as my wife and I did for our Son. And if it has in some way reduced sensitivity in me, well, sometimes, that is no bad thing.  

Unfortunatly they threw the wrong piece away.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:10 PM, Sheryl said:

There are differing opinions on this. Many ethnic groups and religious groups do it routinely without ill effect. In any case as prior Mod said this thread is for orividing info on drs and costs not debating oros and cons of the procedure.

OP you can certainly get this done at Bumrungrad as they cater to large number of Middleasterners. I can't recommend a soecific doctor though. Call or email them.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your P is typing O.

Yes, phone or email them and ask who will cut the end of my baby's cock off!

38 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Why are you thankful your parents mutilated your genitals and why do it to your son?

After my Son was born my Thai Brother in Law asked if we were going to have my Son circumsised - until then it wasn't something I'd thought of. I always assumed it was something we wouldn't do. My Wife assumed it was something we would do. We'd never discussed it. 

Our pediatrician asked if we wanted the procedure.... We realized I didn't want to do it because I didn't consider it necessary. My Wife thought we may have our son circumsised because thats the norm here, her friends son's are circumcised. 

We discussed and couldn't come up with a reason why it may be necessary, his Pediatrician said there is no medical reason for circumcision, so we just decided against it and didn't think any more of the issue. 

At Bumuringrad I think we would have had to pay for the procedure - I never assumed it would have been part of the 'birth process'....

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

After my Son was born my Thai Brother in Law asked if we were going to have my Son circumsised - until then it wasn't something I'd thought of. I always assumed it was something we wouldn't do. My Wife assumed it was something we would do. We'd never discussed it. 

Our pediatrician asked if we wanted the procedure.... We realized I didn't want to do it because I didn't consider it necessary. My Wife thought we may have our son circumsised because thats the norm here, her friends son's are circumcised. 

We discussed and couldn't come up with a reason why it may be necessary, his Pediatrician said there is no medical reason for circumcision, so we just decided against it and didn't think any more of the issue. 

At Bumuringrad I think we would have had to pay for the procedure - I never assumed it would have been part of the 'birth process'....

Where is "here"? Thailand?

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
26 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where is "here"? Thailand?

Yes... Thailand, Bangkok. 

Circumcision seems to be the norm here, at least amongst my Wife's family and friends (central Bangkok)... this 'norm' may be different in different areas of Thailand, I have no idea, its not a topic I've discussed with my Thai mates. 

(Typo on Bumrungrad hospital)

27 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes... Thailand, Bangkok. 

Circumcision seems to be the norm here, at least amongst my Wife's family and friends (central Bangkok)... this 'norm' may be different in different areas of Thailand, I have no idea, its not a topic I've discussed with my Thai mates. 

(Typo on Bumrungrad hospital)

I just googled it, just out of interest.

I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Thailand is in the <20% group and that is the lowest group. So it seems not that usual all over Thailand.

But yes, I understand that there might be big differences with different groups and regions in Thailand.

A number of off topic/bickering/troll comments and responses removed.

Clearly this is a matter of personal choice and people are divided, express your opinions by all means, but do it respectfully.

Keep it civil and dont get personal with your comments.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Archived