Amnesty underway for users, possessors of cannabis

webfact

Have any of you guy taken or know of anyone who taken it? and Im trying to find out if available here in Thailand

Benefits

There are several benefits to Marinol, some of which stem from the fact that it is an FDA-approved drug. They include:

Marinol is legal in all 50 states and is regularly stocked in pharmacies.

Marinol is a pure isomer of THC, meaning that you won't be exposed to any potentially harmful chemicals found in marijuana.

Marinol does not contain any of the other psychoactive cannabinoids found in marijuana, meaning that it is less likely to make you "high."

Marinol has a long drug half-life and will remain at a therapeutic level in your blood for twice the length of time as marijuana.

Marinol is not smoked and is less likely to cause throat and lung irritation (an important consideration for someone with asthma or COPD).

Marinol is manufactured under controlled conditions, meaning that it is less likely to be tainted or contaminated.

Marinol is covered by most health insurance plans.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The approved drafts included three announcements designed to grant amnesty to government agencies, private firms, community enterprises, practitioners of traditional Thai medicine, research organisations, patients and everybody else who use and possess cannabis..." 

Kudos to you, Thailand!!!

This is an enlightened step that I wasn't expecting, and one several other countries could learn from (yes, I mean you, America). Honestly, I think removing the criminal aspect is the single most important element of the process; giving people a criminal record and/or jailing them for something so widespread and common is dumb as hell. And, once you accept that it is dumb as hell, then amnesty, pardons, purging previous arrests and convictions is the proper way to proceed.

Good on you, Thailand! I didn't think you'd be demonstrating such wisdom.

I would say that I am relieved to see this but;

"...Marijuana is believed to be useful for patients battling Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, stress, chronic pain, and nausea related to chemotherapy..."

I think my stress levels are still a wee bit too high...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Only hopeless users would call this wisdom.

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This could be a sign that the country is moving forward, on at least one level. Prosecuting, or keeping people locked up for pot offenses is so far beyond inane, it defies reason. Same is happening in the US, where even though many states are allowing it, the Feds are still pursuing this voraciously. In the US, it is about supporting the private prison industry. Not sure what it is about here. But, legalizing pot is a smart move. Personally, I would like to see ALL drugs legalized. Demand would drop overnight.

And traffic accidents increase tenfold.  Thais are bad enough on the road now without this kind of assistance.

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This could be a sign that the country is moving forward, on at least one level. Prosecuting, or keeping people locked up for pot offenses is so far beyond inane, it defies reason. Same is happening in the US, where even though many states are allowing it, the Feds are still pursuing this voraciously. In the US, it is about supporting the private prison industry. Not sure what it is about here. But, legalizing pot is a smart move. Personally, I would like to see ALL drugs legalized. Demand would drop overnight.

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Have any of you guy taken or know of anyone who taken it? and Im trying to find out if available here in Thailand

Benefits

There are several benefits to Marinol, some of which stem from the fact that it is an FDA-approved drug. They include:

Marinol is legal in all 50 states and is regularly stocked in pharmacies.

Marinol is a pure isomer of THC, meaning that you won't be exposed to any potentially harmful chemicals found in marijuana.

Marinol does not contain any of the other psychoactive cannabinoids found in marijuana, meaning that it is less likely to make you "high."

Marinol has a long drug half-life and will remain at a therapeutic level in your blood for twice the length of time as marijuana.

Marinol is not smoked and is less likely to cause throat and lung irritation (an important consideration for someone with asthma or COPD).

Marinol is manufactured under controlled conditions, meaning that it is less likely to be tainted or contaminated.

Marinol is covered by most health insurance plans.

So why do some think that only Marijuana is the only answer to their medial problems when this i available. 

59 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its the cost of labor, dudes, thats the bottom line. its cheaper to grow here than in the US, no matter how you grow.

Marijuana cultivation could be a huge boon to Thai farmers, but there are four issues to solve:

1. Cultivation know how - one failed crop ruins a poor farm family -  the agricultural universities and other government institutions need to teach the farmers how to get it right the first time. Nothing is easy the first time when you are illiterate. 

2. There are two markets - medical and recreational, with medical coming online first. The grow houses and testing equipment are a significant investment for families who are so poor that they often find themselves selling their children into slavery. Micro-lending exists in Thailand, but the aid agencies need to be responsive to this development and change their lending guidelines in real time.

3. Thai officialdom is a franchise business. The regulators in charge of permitting (providing permits) to farmers need to be kept in line, or they will take the business for themselves, in partnership with the government elites.

4. Exports is an even larger market than domestic sales, and Thailand has a huge competitive advantage in cost of land, labor and brand recognition. But the Thai government must fight for the right to export to wealthy countries. This could really help Thai farmers if successful. 

1 hour ago, WyrldTraveler said:

Greenhouses can be built inexpensively to control pests and organic pesticides exist in LOS.  Most medical grade cannabis grown in Colorado is done in outdoor greenhouses.  Farmers will be able to learn; local potheads will be clueless as one must know agriculture, not growing weeds.

The 2 main reasons for growing in a controlled environment is to control the climate and the dark period. It is too hot for current strains of cannabis to grow in Thailand.  25-30c is the required temp range for most strains.  Being able to control the dark period allows for several harvest per year instead of just 1.  Cannabis needs to have 12 hours of complete darkness everynight during the 2-3month flowering phase. Also, yield is increased by supplementing Co2 which is only effective in a sealed grow room. 

Most never see the end result of starting in this "harmless" drug addiction.  I have worked with a drug addict assistance organisation in a large western city, and can say without doubt 99% of hard drug addicts started with the use of your "harmless" marijuana.  

1 minute ago, Huckenfell said:

Most never see the end result of starting in this "harmless" drug addiction.  I have worked with a drug addict assistance organisation in a large western city, and can say without doubt 99% of hard drug addicts started with the use of your "harmles" marijuana.  

Of course people with a propensity to do harmful drugs are going to start with weed. That doesn't mean weed leads people to harder drugs.

18 minutes ago, jarataka said:

The 2 main reasons for growing in a controlled environment is to control the climate and the dark period. It is too hot for current strains of cannabis to grow in Thailand.  25-30c is the required temp range for most strains.  Being able to control the dark period allows for several harvest per year instead of just 1.  Cannabis needs to have 12 hours of complete darkness everynight during the 2-3month flowering phase. Also, yield is increased by supplementing Co2 which is only effective in a sealed grow room. 

Dude how about a report from the ground here in Bangkok: it's compressed, sticky, has that old timey smell, ain't much to look at but works real fine. 

It's a freakoing weed. I myself don't need my favourite pastime changed from a Social relax to some yuppie millennial hipster veneration of coolness, yo dude, check out the aroma on this Original Kush Goldbud, yum, it's a hybrid from that Thai dirt the somchais smoke, it's grown under computer controlled LEDs off an atomic clock, each bud hand trimmed by Masters of Buzz from BoonChai, the hub of cultivation.....

It's like coffee for God's sake, ruined by pinky lifting poseurs.

In Washington DC, they used to have so many fugitives that they sent them sweepstakes winner notices, with a ceremony at the convention center to collect their prize.  They got a few hundred on the first try.  What will it be here?  Pretties allowed back in the "disturbing outfits," to stand at the police station?

"Mister, you come register?"

59 minutes ago, jarataka said:

I think you're a bit behind the times,

Auto-flowering feminised variants don't need any of that shit.

55 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Most never see the end result of starting in this "harmless" drug addiction.  I have worked with a drug addict assistance organisation in a large western city, and can say without doubt 99% of hard drug addicts started with the use of your "harmless" marijuana.  

I started with alcohol and cannabis 45 years ago, still taking the alcohol but only doing cannabis in countries that aren't bothered.

IMHO all addicts should be given free reign, the sooner they remove themselves from the gene pool the better. 

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think you're a bit behind the times,

Auto-flowering feminised variants don't need any of that shit.

The auto flowering strains still need to have 12 hours of complete darkness in order to get proper buds.  The temperature here is too hot for autoflowers too.  Not behind on the times at all.  I speak from experience. Autoflowers also benefit from supplemental co2 same as regular strains. 

24 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Rubbish !  Where did you get this fantasy from.

Everyone i know started with alcohol and or cigarettes both of which are far more dangerous than cannabis. Alcohol and cigarettes kill millions of people but cannabis has never caused a death. 

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude how about a report from the ground here in Bangkok: it's compressed, sticky, has that old timey smell, ain't much to look at but works real fine. 

It's a freakoing weed. I myself don't need my favourite pastime changed from a Social relax to some yuppie millennial hipster veneration of coolness, yo dude, check out the aroma on this Original Kush Goldbud, yum, it's a hybrid from that Thai dirt the somchais smoke, it's grown under computer controlled LEDs off an atomic clock, each bud hand trimmed by Masters of Buzz from BoonChai, the hub of cultivation.....

It's like coffee for God's sake, ruined by pinky lifting poseurs.

Have you tried different strains of quality bud? They all have different very noticeable effects. Sure the smell and taste are important but they are not the reason for having so many different strains. The effects are the reason.  One strain will knock you out and then another will have you up cleaning the house all night.  As far as i know coffee has the same effect on most people so its like apples and oranges in my opinion. Also the Thai weed you mention is full of insecticides and is compressed into bricks before it has had a chance to cure which eventually starts to mold.  So if you notice that the thai weed gets worse and worse as the months go by its because it is only harvested once a year and then packed up and as the months go by mold starts to grow in it. 

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

And traffic accidents increase tenfold.  Thais are bad enough on the road now without this kind of assistance.

Where? In one of the states it increased tenfold? In Colorado crime went down and there was not an increase in traffic accidents either. These things were closely watched and recorded when it became legal for recreational use.  So the numbers are probably more accurate than most statistics.  There have been many test done on how much the abiltiy to drive is affected when using weed and they all show that the user is more cautious when high than when sober.  And we already know that alcohol is the main cause of fatal traffic accidents. 

10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The approved drafts included three announcements designed to grant amnesty to government agencies, private firms, community enterprises, practitioners of traditional Thai medicine, research organisations, patients and everybody else who use and possess cannabis..." 

Kudos to you, Thailand!!!

This is an enlightened step that I wasn't expecting, and one several other countries could learn from (yes, I mean you, America). Honestly, I think removing the criminal aspect is the single most important element of the process; giving people a criminal record and/or jailing them for something so widespread and common is dumb as hell. And, once you accept that it is dumb as hell, then amnesty, pardons, purging previous arrests and convictions is the proper way to proceed.

Good on you, Thailand! I didn't think you'd be demonstrating such wisdom.

I would say that I am relieved to see this but;

"...Marijuana is believed to be useful for patients battling Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, stress, chronic pain, and nausea related to chemotherapy..."

I think my stress levels are still a wee bit too high...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

America has been moving in this direction for some time, or haven't you been paying attention? It's just that there is a division between state and federal laws which has impeded the inevitable. Not that I'm a fan of America any more, I live here now and for good reasons

Archived