BANGKOK
webfact

Amnesty underway for users, possessors of cannabis

Didn't around 2500 folks "disappear," the last time there was a registration/amnesty program for users?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

they say pot does not affect the brain or any side affects but look what pot has done to the guy in the picture

10 minutes ago, moontang said:

Didn't around 2500 folks "disappear," the last time there was a registration/amnesty program for users?

Yea, i don't quite get what's the incentive to register here lol

• Like 1

In Washington DC, they used to have so many fugitives that they sent them sweepstakes winner notices, with a ceremony at the convention center to collect their prize.  They got a few hundred on the first try.  What will it be here?  Pretties allowed back in the "disturbing outfits," to stand at the police station?

"Mister, you come register?"

Edited by moontang
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, jarataka said:

The 2 main reasons for growing in a controlled environment is to control the climate and the dark period. It is too hot for current strains of cannabis to grow in Thailand.  25-30c is the required temp range for most strains.  Being able to control the dark period allows for several harvest per year instead of just 1.  Cannabis needs to have 12 hours of complete darkness everynight during the 2-3month flowering phase. Also, yield is increased by supplementing Co2 which is only effective in a sealed grow room. 

I think you're a bit behind the times,

Auto-flowering feminised variants don't need any of that shit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Most never see the end result of starting in this "harmless" drug addiction.  I have worked with a drug addict assistance organisation in a large western city, and can say without doubt 99% of hard drug addicts started with the use of your "harmless" marijuana.  

I started with alcohol and cannabis 45 years ago, still taking the alcohol but only doing cannabis in countries that aren't bothered.

IMHO all addicts should be given free reign, the sooner they remove themselves from the gene pool the better. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

actually, most start with alcohol

Rubbish !  Where did you get this fantasy from.

Edited by Huckenfell

cigs are the first illicit substance for most..unless you are from a Catholic italian family that gives wine to 5 year olds.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think you're a bit behind the times,

Auto-flowering feminised variants don't need any of that shit.

The auto flowering strains still need to have 12 hours of complete darkness in order to get proper buds.  The temperature here is too hot for autoflowers too.  Not behind on the times at all.  I speak from experience. Autoflowers also benefit from supplemental co2 same as regular strains. 

Edited by jarataka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude how about a report from the ground here in Bangkok: it's compressed, sticky, has that old timey smell, ain't much to look at but works real fine. 

It's a freakoing weed. I myself don't need my favourite pastime changed from a Social relax to some yuppie millennial hipster veneration of coolness, yo dude, check out the aroma on this Original Kush Goldbud, yum, it's a hybrid from that Thai dirt the somchais smoke, it's grown under computer controlled LEDs off an atomic clock, each bud hand trimmed by Masters of Buzz from BoonChai, the hub of cultivation.....

It's like coffee for God's sake, ruined by pinky lifting poseurs.

Have you tried different strains of quality bud? They all have different very noticeable effects. Sure the smell and taste are important but they are not the reason for having so many different strains. The effects are the reason.  One strain will knock you out and then another will have you up cleaning the house all night.  As far as i know coffee has the same effect on most people so its like apples and oranges in my opinion. Also the Thai weed you mention is full of insecticides and is compressed into bricks before it has had a chance to cure which eventually starts to mold.  So if you notice that the thai weed gets worse and worse as the months go by its because it is only harvested once a year and then packed up and as the months go by mold starts to grow in it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Rubbish !  Where did you get this fantasy from.

Statistics show alcohol and tobacco use is by far the first drugs used. Also alcohol being the most destructive drug of all the other drugs combined (again statistics and facts). Sorry if I'm slamming your drug of choice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

And traffic accidents increase tenfold.  Thais are bad enough on the road now without this kind of assistance.

Where? In one of the states it increased tenfold? In Colorado crime went down and there was not an increase in traffic accidents either. These things were closely watched and recorded when it became legal for recreational use.  So the numbers are probably more accurate than most statistics.  There have been many test done on how much the abiltiy to drive is affected when using weed and they all show that the user is more cautious when high than when sober.  And we already know that alcohol is the main cause of fatal traffic accidents. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The approved drafts included three announcements designed to grant amnesty to government agencies, private firms, community enterprises, practitioners of traditional Thai medicine, research organisations, patients and everybody else who use and possess cannabis..." 

Kudos to you, Thailand!!!

This is an enlightened step that I wasn't expecting, and one several other countries could learn from (yes, I mean you, America). Honestly, I think removing the criminal aspect is the single most important element of the process; giving people a criminal record and/or jailing them for something so widespread and common is dumb as hell. And, once you accept that it is dumb as hell, then amnesty, pardons, purging previous arrests and convictions is the proper way to proceed.

Good on you, Thailand! I didn't think you'd be demonstrating such wisdom.

I would say that I am relieved to see this but;

"...Marijuana is believed to be useful for patients battling Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, stress, chronic pain, and nausea related to chemotherapy..."

I think my stress levels are still a wee bit too high...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

America has been moving in this direction for some time, or haven't you been paying attention? It's just that there is a division between state and federal laws which has impeded the inevitable. Not that I'm a fan of America any more, I live here now and for good reasons

• Like 1