Strategies to reverse ageing

webfact

IMHO there is a fourth element - regular shagging with a cooperative and enthusiastic partner. Unless that's included in the "love" third pillar. Or under the exercise classification.

I've cut back on alcohol, weekends only. Regular exercise, eat more salad than a rabbit. Fatty foods are out anyway.

My mother and father both died at age 83, despite their best attempts to shorten their lifespans. A pity I can't predict mine, I could then spend accordingly.

Eliminate all dairy from your diet, no eggs, no turkey, chicken or pork, keep your red meat eating to a minimum and be sure it's grass feed for its entire life. No smoking and keep alcohol consumption to a minimum. Keep your mind and your body active. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen everyday regardless of the weather. That's it, easy peasy and you will baring any catastrophic event live a long and rich life. You're welcome.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/15/2019 at 8:01 AM, arithai12 said:

Such a long article, when in fact all he should have done was to write

"I have nothing new to contribute"

Keep mentally and physically active... wow thank you for sharing this amazing secret with the world.

Dude, the title of the thread is STRATEGIES to reverse aging and not secret to reverse aging. Did you old eyesight fail you or you are too unhealthy to be able to read properly?

3 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Eliminate all dairy from your diet, no eggs, no turkey, chicken or pork, keep your red meat eating to a minimum and be sure it's grass feed for its entire life. No smoking and keep alcohol consumption to a minimum. Keep your mind and your body active. Use a moisturizer with sunscreen everyday regardless of the weather. That's it, easy peasy and you will baring any catastrophic event live a long and rich life. You're welcome.

Sunscreen has unhealthy and cancer causing chemicals.. It will be good not to use it. 

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Do think people are more likely to get cancer from using sunscreen than they are if they don't use it and get sun burnt often?

Exactly! yet people are taught to be afraid of the sun! our bodies need it to maintain health, moderation is the key. ????

Maybe somebody is getting rich selling and convincing folks to use sunscreen? :wink:

17 minutes ago, CGW said:

Exactly! yet people are taught to be afraid of the sun! our bodies need it to maintain health, moderation is the key. ????

Maybe somebody is getting rich selling and convincing folks to use sunscreen? :wink:

I think there is a real danger in getting skin cancer if caucasian in a tropical climate.  Look at the rates in Australia that should tell you something.  Being fairer skinned your body needs much less sun to convert to vitamin D.  The Thais and chinese are both darker skinned and cover so you better wake up and do the same.

On 2/15/2019 at 5:27 AM, webfact said:

Japan boasts the longest living people.

I dont see the saunas  in all the following countries, reckon most of it is nonsense, genes more to do with it, well that and staying away from Thai roads, more likely "wealth" has   a  lot to do with it also. Male female 3yrs  more if  youre a woman, Im off to the trans  clinic right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

37 minutes ago, Bkkthebest said:

Dude, the title of the thread is STRATEGIES to reverse aging and not secret to reverse aging. Did you old eyesight fail you or you are too unhealthy to be able to read properly?

yer cant reverse aging, entropy  will get ya

4 hours ago, lipflipper said:

A life without bacon isn't worth living.......

This subject always makes me laugh.

The centenarians that are alive today, ate food that "sticks to your ribs".

Meat and potatoes, bread and dripping, lots of cheese, lots of grease.

It's all in the genes.

Another bunch of BS sold to the public is "detox". Basic biology here. Your body does that all by itself, using the equipment it already has:- Liver, skin, kidneys, alimentary canal and lungs. Any toxins have to go through one of them and drinking special drinks, or eating special foods doe absolutely nothing.

Remember when coffee enemas were the secret to health? Don't hear about them anymore.

Anyway, there are a million ways to die, so concentrating on just a handful of ways seems a bit pointless.

Fear is a wonderful marketing strategy......

2 hours ago, tlandtday said:

So you better wake up and do the same.

At my age, & after 40 years working mainly outside in the tropics its not going to make any difference now, thanks for the concern ???? 

Aussie land is close to the "hole" in the ozone layer and people simply don't take enough precautions, even now you see them laying on the beach in "high" temps - moderation is the key and knowing your own body and limits is a must.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:10 AM, flyingtlger said:

Early to bed,

Early to rise,

Makes a man,

Healthy, wealthy and BORING!

Life is short....have fun (responsibly and in moderation)!

image.jpeg.934f5b096065c75241eea51c9960e233.jpeg

You see, the 'in brackets' bit spoiled the message.  Moderation is the enemy of happiness.  

2 hours ago, CGW said:

At my age, & after 40 years working mainly outside in the tropics its not going to make any difference now, thanks for the concern ???? 

Aussie land is close to the "hole" in the ozone layer and people simply don't take enough precautions, even now you see them laying on the beach in "high" temps - moderation is the key and knowing your own body and limits is a must.

The "hole" in the ozone layer is due to ozone-depleting substances such as Freon. Holes form in the Arctic and Antarctic regions. 98% of HFC's have now been phased out of industrial production. Russia and China continue to produce HFC's. Signalling they don't give a shit about anyone else.

The closer one is to the Equator, the less one has to worry about ozone depletion.

The Montreal protocol is widely regarded as one of the most successful environmental agreements. Doesn't look like we are within a bull's roar of getting the same agreement on CO2 emissions.

I suspect many Thais, especially the poor ones will never reach the age of 65, it does not seem uncommon for people to die in the 40's and 50's from what I have seen. If you are poor you eat  what ever you can there is little choice, medical assistance is a pipe dream, it just seems that people accept that its the normal course of life and when I ask "what did they die of"? The stock answer is "they just died'" So the illustration in the article and the figures wont mean a thing its just talk as usual no one does anything to change the system, especially when it does affect them

On 2/15/2019 at 6:44 AM, ChipButty said:

Happening to me, my eyesight came back, my sense of smell came back, just waiting for my earing to come back

Don't tell me a ladyboy stole your earing?

Joke, honestly, JOKE.

Anyway, olive oil, lots of fish, bit of meat now and then and a couple of glasses of red wine a day and don't let the bastatards grind you down.

????????????

29 minutes ago, SamuiGeezer said:

To reverse ageing:

Don't go out in the sun

Don't get too fat

Don't drink or smoke 

You must do these things after 20 years of doing them in order to reverse the ageing process you have accelerated.

You can’t reverse the ageing process. 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:10 AM, lipflipper said:

Eliminate all dairy from your diet, no eggs, no turkey, chicken

Nonsense. A new study shows that eggs is good for your health , it was linked to higher cholesterol levels before , but that was fake news. 

Your body needs vitamin B and proteins, if you stop eating meat you need to replace it with something else. Kidney beans are high in proteins but how often do you eat it ? 

So you can't just turn into a vegan before you are aware of which food will give you the important vitamins and proteins.  

I stopped eating bacon and red and processed meat, not a fan of bacon anyway . 

Just eat less junk food and more of the good stuff and your on your way to a healthy lifestyle. 

Beer is not a problem, and it contains vitamin B , but all in moderations of course. 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, BritManToo said:

Alcohol and exercise are not mutually exclusive.

Last week I cycled nearly 80Km, hiked 21Km in the mountains, and got drunk every afternoon.

My personal theory is as long as you exercise enough, you can eat and drink whatever you want, whenever you want.

Hmm... not really.

3 essentials - exercise, sleep (rest), diet.  You can't really do without one and top up from another.

You are just blessed with strength/endurance.

Anti aging in Thailand? Sorry but there is too much air pollution and toxic pesticides in the foods to prevent bad aging. Thailand isn’t in the top 10 of healthiest countries in the world. If I wanted to go to a country to be healthy I wouldn’t go to Thailand. 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:09 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Like this guy?

3pm_VI.jpg.d0c0706b9f67a4561ba6d0da2d900baa.jpg

This kooks like an attempt to stop ageing, not reverse it.  The surprising thing is although it's a Chang in is hand, it's Chane water!

Archived