Re-entry permit

I’m sure this question has been asked a million times but I could find it searching on my phone for some reason.

The re-entry permit office at Don Muang. Can someone who has been there confirm its opening hours, location and requirements for getting a re-entry? Also, when do I get it? After e.g. check-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The re-entry permit desk is just after the departure immigration desks. It is open 24 hours a day.

TM8 form, 4 X 6 photo, copy of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Same office where you pay overstay fines.

The re-entry permit desk is just after the departure immigration desks. It is open 24 hours a day.
TM8 form, 4 X 6 photo, copy of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Thanks! Is that after security and right before you go to the departure lounge then? Also, can they do everything for you or is it a good idea to take the above already prepared?

6 minutes ago, farang1979 said:

Thanks! Is that after security and right before you go to the departure lounge then?

If is after security and the departure immigration desks where they stamp you out of the country.

The can do it all for you for a 200 baht fee. Best to at least have a photo in case they cannot do it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

So are you expected to ignore the immigration queue and pass by it somehow to get there? Surely it is something you need to obtain before being stamped out of the country. 

No it does not need to be done before you are stamped out of the country. It only needs to be done before you enter the country and the re-entry permit desk is your last chance to get one.

You get stamped out of the country and then apply for the re-entry permit at Don Mueang.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No it does not need to be done before you are stamped out of the country. It only needs to be done before you enter the country and the re-entry permit desk is your last chance to get one.

You get stamped out of the country and then apply for the re-entry permit at Don Mueang.

Will immigration collect your departure card at point of stamping out  before reaching the re-entry desk

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

Will immigration collect your departure card at point of stamping out  before reaching the re-entry desk

Yes unless you tell them you are getting a re-entry permit. I would suggest making a copy of it before leaving in case they kept it.

46 minutes ago, farang1979 said:

Thanks! Is that after security and right before you go to the departure lounge then? Also, can they do everything for you or is it a good idea to take the above already prepared?

Its a good idea to take it with you. The tm8 is double sided form so print it out internet cafe double sided. Attach photo and the other photocopies ubon mentioned. Just mention to passport control your obtaining reentry permit. Office couple of steps past pp control. Office left side of overtay office. Very easy process. Most times takes literally 10 mins but allow more. Just extra note. At swampy you obtain it before pp control. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Its a good idea to take it with you. The tm8 is double sided form so print it out internet cafe double sided. Attach photo and the other photocopies ubon mentioned. Just mention to passport control your obtaining reentry permit. Office couple of steps past pp control. Office left side of overtay office. Very easy process. Most times takes literally 10 mins but allow more. Just extra note. At swampy you obtain it before pp control. 

Thanks, I'll prepare the documents as I will be there in the wee hours so I'll prepare for any eventuality.

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So are you expected to ignore the immigration queue and pass by it somehow to get there? Surely it is something you need to obtain before being stamped out of the country. 

No you que pp control as usual. Mention your obtaining reentry permit. They stamp you out. The tm6 remain. The reentry permit office does the rest.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this: I was there about 2am, there must have been plane loads of group tours going as it was busy. I was directed to the re-entry permit office, immediately after the passport control. The passport officer in Thai said something on the lines of "Who is going to do your re-entry".

After seeing that the re-entry office was locked, a woman in another office who knew I was there but didn't look up. After a little while of standing there confused, I coughed and told the lady why I was there. She said "Wait outside". After waiting about 15 minutes, she took me inside and wordlessly did the re-entry permit. So, they'll do it but I inferred that it's probably better to do it at a more sociable hour.

31 minutes ago, farang1979 said:

..it's probably better to do it at a more sociable hour.

Or, arguably, at your local immigration office beforehand.

Edited by OJAS