BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

More Brexit embarrassment for May as parliament defeats her again

20 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

...in fact they are just an unelected bunch of c-----ts.

Hmmm.  Can I buy a vowel?

42 minutes ago, vogie said:

"It was never their job to ‘help’ the UK out of the mess the UK got itself into"

Have you ever thought for one minute by not helping the UK, the EU are not helping themselves, is it a case of the EU cutting their nose off to spite their face. Make no mistake the EU desperately  wants a deal, it is getting to the stage of who blinks first, if Mrs May had won last night there was a good chance of a 'no deal' being taken off the table. A no deal is the only bargaining tool we have left, take that off the table we may all just lay down and get a good kicking. 

If MPs want the best for our country, they are certainly going the wrong way about it.

A Brexiteer arguing about others ‘cutting off their nose to spite their face.’

Utter obsurdity delivered without a hint of irony, much less introspection.

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Never before have I seen a country so utterly determined to shoot itself in the crotch.

Foot... shoot itself in the foot.

Read the Hard Brexiteer nutters here and you get the picture. Grumpy old losers seeking payback for all the disappointments in their life and wanting to stick the lifetime's donkey tail on membership of the EU.
Indeed. It's astonishing that May is trying so hard to placate the extremists in her party, rather than seeking a cross-party consensus. She will have a lot to answer for if we crash out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I blame the brit. govt. (the vast majority of whom are remainers), as much as the eu govt. for the unnecessary fiasco over leaving the eu.

Whilst I'm disappointed that the eu made no attempt to reform the most disliked parts of it's organisation after the brexit referendum result (which may have resulted in voters changing their minds about a REFORMED eu) - I'm downright bad-tempered at the way May and the govt. are doing their very best to ensure BRINO, plus paying 39 bn for the privilege!

I would have some sympathy for you (and Brexiteers in general) had you/they voted for a Brexit that had a plan attached.

As it is you are trotting out the one consistent Brexit message:

It’s all someone else’s fault.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

i agree with you the whole 2 party system in the UK is failing, a complete revamp is required, the whole lot of the idiots in the house of commons should resign. results of the 2015 G.E. the system needs changing to reflect how the people vote , proportional representation is needed, -

Sorry dear, but we have already had a referendum on that. 😎

2 hours ago, Lungstib said:

The Brexit fiasco is at least informing us on the dire situation British politics is facing. The chosen winners of the last election have shown themselves to be totally divided over this issue and the opposition is making little or no inroads into its fight to overtake. Perhaps the British have finally decided that politicians are just not to be trusted to do what the electorate want but the time appears to be ripe for new parties to make an appearance. The old ones look to be intent on just pulling themselves apart.

As if UKIP didn't pull itself apart.

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed. It's astonishing that May is trying so hard to placate the extremists in her party, rather than seeking a cross-party consensus. She will have a lot to answer for if we crash out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

She’s putting party before country.

No surprise really, the referendum was an attempt to end Tory infighting over the EU.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A Brexiteer arguing about others ‘cutting off their nose to spite their face.’

Utter obsurdity delivered without a hint of irony, much less introspection.

Stuck for a reply are we?😂😂😂

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

i agree with you the whole 2 party system in the UK is failing, a complete revamp is required, the whole lot of the idiots in the house of commons should resign. results of the 2015 G.E. the system needs changing to reflect how the people vote , proportional representation is needed, - 

Conservatives 36.9% +0.8% 331 +24 50.9%
Labour 30.4% +1.4% 232 -26 35.7%
UKIP 12.6% +9.5% 1 +1 0.2%
Liberal Democrats 7.9% -15.2% 8 -49 1.2%
SNP 4.7% +3.1% 56 +50 8.6%
Green Party 3.8% +2.8% 1 0.2%
DUP 0.6% 8 1.2%

So Brexiteers rant at Remainers for wanting to overturn an advisory Referendum result and yet here we have a call to overthrow the whole electoral system.

Odd that!

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It was never their job to ‘help’ the UK out of the mess the UK got itself into.

But if you think the UK is getting a tough deal from the EU, wait until you see the shafting the US dishes out to a UK cap-in-hand desperate for a trade deal.

A degree of being ‘pleasuring’ that will only be a warmup for what the Chinese will serve up.

Exactly  that. The UK will discover that the referendum was based on populist emotive appeal rather than informed consideration. The UK was a concessional member of the EU originally. Now why expect more concessions  to exit?

Being between a rock and a hard place can only cause some severe  bruising !

1 hour ago, LucysDad said:

It has certainly helped to deflect attention from the unhelpful/uncompromising EU.

British Parliament is certainly shooting itself in the foot, but am I the only one with a burning hatred for Junker/Tusk et al for doing nothing to help towards a smooth transition.

I hope you are! What do you expect Junker/Tusk to do? Re-start the NI troubles? And what hope is there for a "smooth transition"? And since any form of brexit is bad for us why do we still persist with silly nonsense?

the simple solution to the withdrawal agreement issue is to have a mechanism to cancel it - no alteration to the agreement itself just an exit clause to cancel the whole thing - it is standard practice to have such a clause in any agreement - the right to cancel

it would be used if the EU try to shaft us during trade talks.

It really is a standard thing to do - call it the UK's backstop to the whole Withdrawal Agreement 

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

the simple solution to the withdrawal agreement issue is to have a mechanism to cancel it - no alteration to the agreement itself just an exit clause to cancel the whole thing - it is standard practice to have such a clause in any agreement - the right to cancel

it would be used if the EU try to shaft us during trade talks.

It really is a standard thing to do - call it the UK's backstop to the whole Withdrawal Agreement 

Give us what we want or we’ll vandalise our own economy.