More Brexit embarrassment for May as parliament defeats her again

webfact

16 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The last thing needed would be an additional bunch of lunatic populists.

Nothing wrong with populists, in fact they are quite popular around here. Got to be hint in that name somewhere? That Elitists and now Remainers use the term to sneer down at the masses is a pity.

Are you worried that some new populist parties could take votes away from your own personal favourite party, simply because they have more popular policies than yours? Even if they don't actually win an election they can still sway the balance of power from your chosen winner. Aint that democracy a bitch.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

22.jun.2016
1000 squid at 51,36 TT = 51.360
15.feb.2019
1000 squid at 39,66 TT = 39.667
= - 11.693
= - 22,77 %
Let us count this.
A simple rough estimate with the value loss constant over the time axis.
Let say your monthly income/Pension is 1000 squid
jul 2016 - feb2019 = 32 month
32 * 11.693 = 374.176 Baht loss 

For that Money you could buy 7 new Honda Clicks.
or (1 Singha beer small 35Baht) = 10690 bottles beer you have less.
or (Barfine 500 Baht) = 748 Barfines  you have less
Have a nice day.

Got all my money over when it was 75 to £ from then on I have no control over what happens to the exchange.

I based my retirement on 35 to £ when I was planing 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

22.jun.2016
1000 squid at 51,36 TT = 51.360
15.feb.2019
1000 squid at 39,66 TT = 39.667
= - 11.693
= - 22,77 %
Let us count this.
A simple rough estimate with the value loss constant over the time axis.
Let say your monthly income/Pension is 1000 squid
jul 2016 - feb2019 = 32 month
32 * 11.693 = 374.176 Baht loss 

For that Money you could buy 7 new Honda Clicks.
or (1 Singha beer small 35Baht) = 10690 bottles beer you have less.
or (Barfine 500 Baht) = 748 Barfines  you have less
Have a nice day.

An even simpler calculation. 

£1000 per month in Feb 2016 equated to Bht51,360.

£1000 per month in Feb 2019 equates to Bht39,660

A drop in monthly income of Bht11,700 

More than enough to pay the monthly instalments on a top rated health insurance plan. 

Or perhaps a loss in income that prevents an individual from affording health insurance.

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A drop in monthly income of Bht11,700 

More than enough to pay the monthly instalments on a top rated health insurance plan. 

Or perhaps a loss in income that prevents an individual from affording health insurance.

All the more reason to plan a retirement and take into consideration exchange rate history.

For those going to retire in any country and not do their sums at least have a plan 'B'.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Nothing wrong with populists, in fact they are quite popular around here. Got to be hint in that name somewhere? That Elitists and now Remainers use the term to sneer down at the masses is a pity.

Are you worried that some new populist parties could take votes away from your own personal favourite party, simply because they have more popular policies than yours? Even if they don't actually win an election they can still sway the balance of power from your chosen winner. Aint that democracy a bitch.

The intellectual laziness of Hard Brexiteers, particularly the Conspiracy Theory crowd, should never be underestimated. Always shallow blah to fit their nonsense theories and the slightest research be damned.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

The intellectual laziness of Hard Brexiteers, particularly the Conspiracy Theory crowd, should never be underestimated. Always shallow blah to fit their nonsense theories and the slightest research be damned.

When have you ever done more than slag off the opposition?

My theory is that you are all conspiring against me. So you would accuse me of being lazy and I should think some more, until I don't think that?

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Brexit is thankfully less than 1000hrs away.

Bring it on ????

As i'm in such a good mood here's something you missed earlier:

You're welcome ????

might well be there in less than 1000 hours,

but in what form?

think the form is still pretty much up in the air

20 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

All the more reason to plan a retirement and take into consideration exchange rate history.

For those going to retire in any country and not do their sums at least have a plan 'B'.

Not always possible, depending on one's personal circumstances. Exchange rate volatility can be relentless in excess of anything one may anticipate.

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Not always possible, depending on one's personal circumstances. Exchange rate volatility can be relentless in excess of anything one may anticipate.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hence Plan 'B'. ????

Plan Bs can be just pure mush. The guys totally reliant on income from their home countries the most exposed FX-wise, so severe limitations re any Plan Bs. Those on other hand who are in the position to move some assets abroad, have an added hedge. Have a hedge and Plan Bs not necessary other than having enough for a return ticket.

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Hence Plances,an 'B'. ????

To be fair, I expect many of us 'retired' here with lots of money - and never expected to have to deal with a "plan B" - as a result of circumstances that we had never brought into the equation.

And I'm not talking about exchange rates to bht, that have been volatile for a very long time.

18 hours ago, SheungWan said:

To climb out of an ideological gutter.

Do you realise what you just said? The whole problem with the EU is that it's their ideology that is failing. The 'happy-happy-all-besties-forever' superstate is not going to happen. The EU negotiators won't negotiate, at least up to now, because they are nonnegotiable when it comes to their ideology. Our own turncoats bought into the same ideology and will make whatever concessions are necessary to tie us to that same failing ideology.

Trade, business and industry is all secondary to them on both sides of the channel. Although they will twist and use to their own advantage the globalist business lobby protests supporting the status quo and cheap labour. 

31 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Do you realise what you just said? The whole problem with the EU is that it's their ideology that is failing. The 'happy-happy-all-besties-forever' superstate is not going to happen. The EU negotiators won't negotiate, at least up to now, because they are nonnegotiable when it comes to their ideology. Our own turncoats bought into the same ideology and will make whatever concessions are necessary to tie us to that same failing ideology.

Trade, business and industry is all secondary to them on both sides of the channel. Although they will twist and use to their own advantage the globalist business lobby protests supporting the status quo and cheap labour. 

......and here we go with the Conspiracy Theory Globalist drivel.

36 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Sometimes the truth hurts . The EU strategy of a single European parliament is an open secret 

No conspiracy theory. It's what the EU openly states is their goal. Sounds like you have a touch of paranoia if you think others are conspiring against you.
The problem with ideology is not one of the Leavers. It is that the people supposedly negotiating our post-exit arrangements have, on both sides, firmly bought into the same failing EU ideology.

Leavers just want to exit, no great ideology about that.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

To be fair, I expect many of us 'retired' here with lots of money - and never expected to have to deal with a "plan B" - as a result of circumstances that we had never brought into the equation.

And I'm not talking about exchange rates to bht, that have been volatile for a very long time.

I'm talking about people coming who throw caution to the wind, that should have plan'B' or as a hence as said they have enough for a return ticket.

1 hour ago, superal said:

Sometimes the truth hurts . The EU strategy of a single European parliament is an open secret 

We were offered an opt out from further integration. The European Onion.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm talking about people coming who throw caution to the wind, that should have plan'B' or as a hence as said they have enough for a return ticket.

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Many did not realise, when the rate was 73,that it could possible go as low as at the moment. Same as when I first came to Thialand, with the rate at 34, that it was possible for the rate to go as high as 40.

Regarding Brexit,some think that there is only one plan “B”. to implement the people’s Democratic vote.

D392F542-57EE-4BC2-97FA-881A2ADEB187.jpeg

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

There is a plan B, the young people have one, they just wait for enough of the vile old gammons to die off and they can rejoin the EU. Sanity will be restored although our economy will by then have taken a monster hit, and we will have a status similar to Bulgaria, without the wonderful singing and polyrhythmic dance tunes. Jeremy Corbyn may still be alive, but being in his dotage,  his role as Putin's 5th columnist helping to undermine the EU will have ended.

Who benefits more than anyone else from Brexit? Answer Vladimir Putin, leavers should probably be referred to as Putin's warriors from now on. 

Of course Immigrants to LOS will need a plan B as the £ will be worth about 10 Bhats by then.

33 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

There is a plan B, the young people have one, they just wait for enough of the vile old gammons to die off and they can rejoin the EU. Sanity will be restored although our economy will by then have taken a monster hit, and we will have a status similar to Bulgaria, without the wonderful singing and polyrhythmic dance tunes. Jeremy Corbyn may still be alive, but being in his dotage,  his role as Putin's 5th columnist helping to undermine the EU will have ended.

Who benefits more than anyone else from Brexit? Answer Vladimir Putin, leavers should probably be referred to as Putin's warriors from now on. 

Of course Immigrants to LOS will need a plan B as the £ will be worth about 10 Bhats by then.

Haters still love hatin'

The EU will not last that long....

11 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Reckon your crystal ball is malfunctioning

I have a dream.... pity it got all wet by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived