Video: Outa my way! Motorcyclist knocks pedestrian down on the footpath

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Including teaching children from an early age, step by step about building and maintaining a civil society (and without specific political content). One serious aim being to teach kids that all civil societies have laws for good reasons and they apply to all and their must be  a justice system which is fair to all.

Although it applies to other countries as well as Thailand, it is not always the case that all laws are made for good reasons, although I believe most of them are, some laws are made because those in authority can, it gives them a sense of power.

3 hours ago, car720 said:

How dare you tell me what I can do.  I am Thai.

Thai means free and this is Thailand, i.e. freeland.

Yesterday i went to get pizza from pizzacompany...next to the counter was a 4 year girl playing on a very noisy electric game where she had to catch fish..it played very loud music nonstop....we even couldn't speak to the staff and there were loads of people there waiting....but nobody dared to tell the small girl to turn the volume down or turn that game off while in the shop. 

Time for the pedestrians to get armed to protect their right of way from the traffic flow while walking on the pavement, sidewalk obviously the police cant fit a simple ID camera to catch the motorcyclists breaking the law when off road . Or possibly Thai motorcyclists believe that the sidewalk is part of the road nothing to do with pedestrians.   

10 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Seriously though, this is society breaking down that we are witnessing. It will steadily get worse the longer nothing is done to encourage respect for others, decency, right from wrong and some discipline. 

Not to mention that nobody is around to pull a sidewalk motorbike operator off the bike and beat the crap out of him.

9 hours ago, ocddave said:

The more I drive here, the more I believe Thai drivers (especially males), have some type of mental disorder passed on from generation to generation. I think the only way to fix the problem is to remove all the Thai drivers from the streets, then enforce a strict written and thorough road test. 

And then, after that, refuse to let them back onto the streets. ????

10 minutes ago, Jim walker said:

Time for the pedestrians to get armed to protect their right of way from the traffic flow while walking on the pavement, sidewalk obviously the police cant fit a simple ID camera to catch the motorcyclists breaking the law when off road . Or possibly Thai motorcyclists believe that the sidewalk is part of the road nothing to do with pedestrians.   

Wonderful. The American solution. That does work so well.

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Maybe you should park it, driving here seems to upset you greatly. Life's too short to get all worked up over the actions of others. 

My driving doesn't upset me at all, its the idiot Thai's who shouldn't even be on the road that are upsetting, not to mention a danger to everyone around them. When God was passing out brains, these idiot male Thai's were in the line collecting Amulets instead.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

nah u need  more training, what you do is see  that the right turn lane is  empty and create  your own personal straight  on lane and blast off  from the lights

Usually the choice they make is to pull into a LEFT TURN ONLY LANE and pass illegally at warp-speed to cut off all the straight traffic, usually right in front of a Police Box where the RTP are busy playing with the traffic lights.

20 minutes ago, ocddave said:

Usually the choice they make is to pull into a LEFT TURN ONLY LANE and pass illegally at warp-speed to cut off all the straight traffic, usually right in front of a Police Box where the RTP are busy playing with the traffic lights.

The minivans also do that and i've seen the traffic police on the junction waving them to the front (cause they blocked the lane for the left turn) so they could speed off as first at green light.

The police is big friends with the minivans and motocy taxi's, that's why they can do whatever they like...

After living a while in Asia made me come up with this viewpoint: The nasty pedestrian can not afford a motorcycle himself therefore he has to walk and so since the motorcycle driver obviously  has much more money then the poor pedestrian in this case  the pedestrian is the one to blame here how dare the pedestrian fill up space on the pavement and intentionally blocking the innocent rich motorist?

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

After living a while in Asia made me come up with this viewpoint: The nasty pedestrian can not afford a motorcycle himself therefore he has to walk and so since the motorcycle driver obviously  has much more money then the poor pedestrian in this case  the pedestrian is the one to blame here how dare the pedestrian fill up space on the pavement and intentionally blocking the innocent rich motorist?

That's all true for Thailand....sure not for Singapore.

But my wife wears purses which cost more than the motocycle...will they wait for her to pass?

9 hours ago, seajae said:

need to make it law that anyone caught riding on the footpaths will have their bikes seized and destroyed, its the only thing that will get a reaction, these idiot riders simply  dont care about anyone else. Even in walking markets they ride through the crowds , I have been hit a few times by their handle bars, they are simply too lazy to walk like everyone else. Until the police actually start coming down on these idiots it wont stop, heavy fines and destruction of their bikes is the only way it will be stopped

Agree!!!!!!

11 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Seriously though, this is society breaking down that we are witnessing. It will steadily get worse the longer nothing is done to encourage respect for others, decency, right from wrong and some discipline. 

Basically the motorcycle rider looked upon the bus riding person as lower than him in this society so confer the bus rider lesser respect than he would otherwise. Being told off by the ‘plebeian’ simply irked his self entitlement so he meted out his ‘punishment’ accordingly. Life in Thailand generally. I squeeze you and you squeeze those lower down the hierarchy in turn. 

11 hours ago, scorecard said:
11 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Including teaching children from an early age, step by step about building and maintaining a civil society (and without specific political content). One serious aim being to teach kids that all civil societies have laws for good reasons and they apply to all and their must be  a justice system which is fair to all.

the mlk(rip) style . " i have a dream" stuff doesnt work in los

42 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the mlk(rip) style . " i have a dream" stuff doesnt work in los

Of course it's a dream and utopia, which of course doesn't totally exist.

However without some goals there will be no gain.

Why not set an ultimate goal and slowly (probably very slowly) make small gains, all connected to an ultimate goal.

13 hours ago, scorecard said:

Unfortunately they teach them to be spoilt little brats (especially the boys) that many don't grow past. Justice system fair to all. Well it's a third world justice system here. Can't see it changing.

Archived