Video: Outa my way! Motorcyclist knocks pedestrian down on the footpath

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, neeray said:

The rider apologized and said he was angry that he had been warned not to ride on the footpath. 

He agreed to pay the victim - named as Sasawasu - 5,000 baht and pay for his hospital expenses too. 

The police also intend to prosecute the rider for riding on the footpath and for reckless endangerment. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

All Good:

Sentence #1 The rider was forced to eat crow by apologizing.

#2 The payouts will hit him where it hurts (and his big ego too).

#3 Prosecution ... Good, police doing their job, and more lessons to idiot motorcycle driver.

The prosecution has yet to happen and we will probably never hear any more about this case, but I hope that I am wrong.

14 hours ago, 473geo said:

Nope you appeared to think taking his licence away would make a difference somehow.... just adding a touch of reality

Taking the bike away would bring a touch of physical reality - untill he borrowed or stole another one I guess.

16 hours ago, SkyNets said:

When I first came here I was so impressed by seeing younger people give up their seats on buses to the elderly and so on, now they just run them down like a peace of s**t.  

I am of a certain age. I lived in Bangkok for over 15 years and not once, not once, did anyone give up their seat for me. I spent just four days in Singapore and I was offered a seat three times. Says it all, really.

If the pedestrian had cracked his skull the motorcyclist could have been charged with murder. It was a willful act. If the police do not charge him with assault with a deadly weapon the police should be charged with wilful neglect of their duty. It is their job to uphold the law. Not to use it and bend it to suit them. It is the court's job to hand out punishment. Of course, I'm whistling in the wind. It's not my country so why should I bother? Why? Because a member of my family could be at the receiving end of injustice from the people placed there to protect them. When will any police reforms take place? Never in my lifetime.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I am of a certain age. I lived in Bangkok for over 15 years and not once, not once, did anyone give up their seat for me. I spent just four days in Singapore and I was offered a seat three times. Says it all, really.

Thai courtesy doesn't normally extend to Farang or other outsiders. You're absolutely right. It says it all. 

21 hours ago, samsensam said:

failing to take any action against these anti-social, law breaking motorcyclists/cyclists

Do you wish to tell us more about anti-social and law breaking CYCLISTS? Maybe a link to a story about bad boy cyclists going round and running people over, deafening neighborhood's with their loud bells, disregarding the law, cutting up other cyclists, etc. 

Your comment is lame.

16 hours ago, Xonax said:

Unfortunately the video is not available for me to see.  But from the photo´s, to me it looks like the guy deliberately is standing and blocking the passage for both pedestrians and motorcyclists.  Why not step aside, if you are just standing and waiting for the bus?

The guy is standing on the side walk where pedestrians are suppose to be safe from motorcycles.

23 hours ago, SkyNets said:

When I first came here I was so impressed by seeing younger people give up their seats on buses to the elderly and so on, now they just run them down like a peace of s**t.  

I've only used the BTS a couple of times on a very rare visit to Bangkok and I was amazed - not in a good way - at the way in which older folks gave up their seats to schoolkids. I remember one particular boy and his parent, on a packed train, stood in front of a seated passenger of maybe 60 years old, staring at her as if she was in the wrong for remaining seated until, I suppose, she felt uncomfortable and got up, at which point the kid jumped into the seat and the older woman remained standing for a few more stations. I saw numerous examples of adults giving their seats to kids but nothing else quite so blatant and never the other way around. 

15 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yesterday i went to get pizza from pizzacompany...next to the counter was a 4 year girl playing on a very noisy electric game where she had to catch fish..it played very loud music nonstop....we even couldn't speak to the staff and there were loads of people there waiting....but nobody dared to tell the small girl to turn the volume down or turn that game off while in the shop. 

So therein lies the future of Thailand and just about every other country as well.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:30 AM, stanleycoin said:

Maybe the ministry of doing nothing,  

can ask the Japanese , how they can come up with a solution, on how to ride motor bikes on the pavement in a safe way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee1:

its ok if the rider/passenger wears a HELMET !!!

24 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Why is mr Prayuth not responding to this??? Come on, show us you're the leader we will vote for and lock him up.

So the PM should be actively involved in every event, big, medium, small etc and should just direct that people be locked up.

The folks like you would complain he's not taking care of the big issues. 

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes, that Thai's think of themselves first, which is why this society of me-first people feels like a failed social experiment. Corruption from peasants/serfs all the way up to high government officials (Basically accepted by all), a perverted form of Buddhism that worships money and material things, people who care nothing about safety (yours or theirs), then add in the typical emotionally-adolescent adult males and you have a recipe for failure/disaster.

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So the PM should be actively involved in every event, big, medium, small etc and should just direct that people be locked up.

The folks like you would complain he's not taking care of the big issues. 

Well if i was Prayuth i would order the BKK-governor to go on tv and let him deal with this idiot scooterdriver. Lock him up to show an example and give the bangkokians a safe feeling.

Or big joke could arrest him with a lot of show and lock him up.

But the police refuses to do arrest drivers like this, i would also punish them  for neglecting their duty...

On 2/15/2019 at 8:25 AM, Vacuum said:

Of course not.

How so poignant, currently documentation being finalised for a road incident report to be sent to the Thailand Public Prosecutors Office in Chiang Mai as not being a victim of the police first tier of injustice.

nearly over a year now when the young guy who by his blood sample was 80 mil over the limit decided to place himself his partner pillion, and other road users in the posibily to ruin their own lives and others.

unforunatly for him (3 broken ribs and a punctured lung) his partner a hairline cracked pelvis. At the speed he was doing when he made a irrational out of nowhere overtaking manovere sideswiped the front right and wing as I had just began to turn right over a ‘canal bridge’. 

Apparnatly him being under the influence at 80 mil still gives him the right to seek compensation. The police have said we are jointly to blame and has been logged as such in their ‘unbiased’ report that will be sent to the court for review. 

Yeah like also here the mind is attempting to understand such, well need I say the word. 

So having to report back to the Police on the 21st to see what happens there on. 

What i I can say it truly is a ‘repugnant’ experience. 

PS,  ‘... say a little prayer for me’. 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:31 AM, ezzra said:

Admittedly, i too, sometimes ride the pavements for a short distances of no more than a 100 meters or so where the alternatives are a big detour around on a very busy road, however, i do it ever so mindful of people walking/standing and stops and let people pass first, yes, i know, i'm trying to justify the wrong, but what i'm saying is that if you have to do wrong, do it nicely..

...and whatever else you pedestrians do, get outa my way.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Well if i was Prayuth i would order the BKK-governor to go on tv and let him deal with this idiot scooterdriver. Lock him up to show an example and give the bangkokians a safe feeling.

Or big joke could arrest him with a lot of show and lock him up.

But the police refuses to do arrest drivers like this, i would also punish them  for neglecting their duty...

So you believe the BKK Governor has / should have the authority to just lock people up.

Different point, I agree there are thousands of instances where the RTP should be charged and if guilty severely punished / dismissed with loss of all benefits for dereliction of duty.

Sadly there seems to be no process to make that happen.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, 473geo said:

I quite favour the pay out to the victim rather than a court fine - in certain circumstances - that is minor infringements - reparation rather than paying for a 'legal' 'punishment'

I'm inclined to agree with this.

In this case the worst part is that the guy on the 'bike DELIBERATELY came back to hit the pedestrian who pointed out that he should not be driving on the pavement!  This cannot be excused in any way, shape or form.

18 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Basically the motorcycle rider looked upon the bus riding person as lower than him in this society so confer the bus rider lesser respect than he would otherwise. Being told off by the ‘plebeian’ simply irked his self entitlement so he meted out his ‘punishment’ accordingly. Life in Thailand generally. I squeeze you and you squeeze those lower down the hierarchy in turn. 

+1

18 hours ago, soistalker said:

What's the criminal charge in the real world? Felony hit and run. Battery with intent to do injury. 

In Thailand, a wei and pay hospital bills.

Absolutely insane.

dont forget the police main motivation is to get negotiation fees and it is in their advantage to posture in such a way

On 2/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, BobbyL said:

This epitomises a lot wrong here at the moment.

You can blame the people, the public, the education etc but this all stems from a complete lack of law enforcement. Not just the police, from the top down. 

It will take generations to rectify these inbred traits. 

You can't rectify inbreeding with more inbreeding.... 

Archived