Places/shop to adjust belt length

RickRex

Hi. Does anyone know a shop where I can adjust the length of my leather belt? It's a belt with stitches at the belt buckle, not a clasp belt buckle. So I can't just cut it and put it back into the clasp.  I need a shop that can take out the thread around the buckle, cut and re-stitch it on to the leather. Thanks.85362_BRN.jpg?sw=331&sh=331&sm=fit

The clothes/luggage shop right behind the police box at the corner of Suk Road and Soi 4 (the Nana Plaza corner) have one of those metal punch devices for adding additional holes to an existing belt, allowing it to be tightened or loosened depending on where they punch the extra hole(s).

I'd had them do that for some of my belts in the past, and they charged just some tiny amount, like 20 baht or something, to do so. Punching an extra hole takes them all of about 10 seconds....  But, I'm not clear from the OP's post if doing that will accomplish what he desires.

Thanks for all the replies. For those who are curious as to why I want it shorten, it's because the belt (hole) fits but overall it's too long. Adding more holes won't do it. I bought it online so was unable to try it before hand. Maybe it's suppose to be longer, but I would prefer it shorter.

4 minutes ago, RickRex said:

Thanks for all the replies. For those who are curious as to why I want it shorten, it's because the belt (hole) fits but overall it's too long. Adding more holes won't do it. I bought it online so was unable to try it before hand. Maybe it's suppose to be longer, but I would prefer it shorter.

I understand your predicament...Most belts you buy have a screw at the buckle end to undo, chop a bit off the belt and put the screw back in a new punched hole...You do need a guy with a sew machine for a proper job in your case...

Archived