Top lawyer comments on motorcycle on footpath incident: Not attempted murder but assault

webfact

11 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Am probably nuts by now, but are you willing to go stand in front of (or anywhere near) a motorbike that has decided to use the sidewalk?

I did not justify the motorbike's using the sidewalk, but you edited my post and took that sentence out of context making seem I had. The next time you decide to edit someone's post in a reply it's a good idea to indicate that action in your reply or in the quoted portion.

Here's my entire post unedited:

"The pedestrian should have gotten out of the way of the motorbike. Instead, he just stood there apparently willing to get hit. I'm not justifying the motorcyclists action - it was definitely assault. Attempted murder would have required some kind of "big bike".

From "motorbike-infested Thailand" that tallies around 45 motorcyclist road kills/day, what does one expect?"

I did not edit your post, I quoted a part of your post. The very fact that you believe that a pedestrian should get out of the way of some jackass on a bike riding down the footpath is the bone I had to pick with your comment. That's a big part of the problem here - too many people bow and bend over to the bullies. But, hey, if you want to bend over, go ahead. Enjoy. 

Re me standing in front of a motorbike on sidewalks - yes, I have, and will, continue walking down the footpath and I haven't/won't step aside for them. Never! 

The victim has more courage than most people here, you included. 

Self proclaimed top lawyer? Sure he was not intending to kill but an unlucky fall or bump in the head and person is dead. 

Just assault? No. Assault with a deadly weapon and an intent to cause grives bodily harm most certainly at the very least 

2 hours ago, djayz said:

I did not edit your post, I quoted a part of your post. The very fact that you believe that a pedestrian should get out of the way of some jackass on a bike riding down the footpath is the bone I had to pick with your comment. That's a big part of the problem here - too many people bow and bend over to the bullies. But, hey, if you want to bend over, go ahead. Enjoy. 

Re me standing in front of a motorbike on sidewalks - yes, I have, and will, continue walking down the footpath and I haven't/won't step aside for them. Never! 

The victim has more courage than most people here, you included. 

What part about quoting out-of-context do you not understand (In your case let's make this a rhetorical question, shall we)?

Anyway, good luck with your courageous law enforcement by risking personal life and limb:stoner:

Be sure to keep us updated as to the quality of medical care you'll be receiving and from whom at what cost.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:24 PM, ocddave said:

If I kick the motorcyclist over while he is trying to hit me, then walked over and punched his lights out while throwing his keys down the nearest storm drain, would that be considered assault or self-defense?

No. That would be considered justice. The street type.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:19 PM, Bournville said:

Top Thailand lawyer thinks this is not attempted murder? Rubbish. The motorbike weight.. Plus 2 people..plus the speed of travel could easily have killed someone on that pavement! 

Vehicle type isn't relevant.  Shooting someone with a .22 would probably get you the same sentence as shooting them with a .45 (all other things being equal)

Whether it is attempted murder or not depends on whether they intended to kill the man or just knock him down.  Even if it were indeed attempted murder, a smart lawyer might charge the driver with the lesser charge of assault because it would be easier to prove.

Vehicle type isn't relevant.  Shooting someone with a .22 would probably get you the same sentence as shooting them with a .45 (all other things being equal)

Whether it is attempted murder or not depends on whether they intended to kill the man or just knock him down.  Even if it were indeed attempted murder, a smart lawyer might charge the driver with the lesser charge of assault because it would be easier to prove.
OK. So that would be assault with a deadly weapon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived