Win 10 desktop change sign in with different Microsoft account

ETatBKK

hi there

a friend of mine confused himself with TWO different Microsoft accounts ( one with [email protected], another with [email protected] ), and now he wants to use only one ( [email protected] ).

on a full installed computer with user profile, applications and data ( on Microsoft account of [email protected] ), how he could keep everything and change to the sign in of Microsoft account [email protected] ?

been tried adding the [email protected] into the existing Microsoft account, but failed since the [email protected] is already been registered as a Microsoft account.

any trick ?

cheers

I hate signing in with a Microsoft account so I always just use a local account instead.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-user-accounts-settings-windows-10

The MS account may have some advantages when trying to reinstall a free upgrade of Windows 10 after a major problem, or for reinstalling other MS programmes like Office, but I've never had any trouble just using regular installation media.

I am not sure if it's possible.

But even if it is possible it is probably not a good idea.

Some time ago I changed the name of a local Windows account from one name to another. The result was that the new name was used in some places but the old name was still used in other places (x:\users\OldName).

I hated this mix up and decided to setup a new user to have it all clean.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there are long term problems with mixed old and new names. Microsoft has lots of KB articles with something like: This happens if you updated from version xyz...

Archived