Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years

webfact

Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years

4pm.jpg

Crime Suppression Division officers moved to arrest an abbot at a well known Suphanburi temple after he had evaded capture for 15 years on attempted murder charges. 

Paphonsan Phetphan, 40, was taken into custody at Wat Ror Charoen in Bang Pla Ma district on Thursday and taken to Tha Sala police station in Nakorn Sri Thammarat for interrogation. 

He was wanted on two warrants of attempted murder and gun related offences. 

The incidents occurred in Tha Sala in 2004 and on Koh Samui in 2005. 

The monk admitted to the former charge but denies being involved in the incident on Samui.

He said that he and others laid in wait in Tha Sala for a rival with whom they had argued. The rival was shot sustaining grievous injuries. 

Following the incidents he ordained into the monkhood rising up the ecclesiastic order until he became an abbot in Suphanburi. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-15

image.png.f80ac5e478d69001a3e0f18f05018989.png

"You realise that you will lose merit for treating a servant of the Lord Buddha this way. Indeed you must show compassion, kindness and, most of all, forgiveness to all sentient beings."

"Hmmm, I s'pose so. But I can do just about anything I want as long as I let some caged birds loose and mumble a bit while on my knees.  That makes it all OK.......right?"

"You have learned well"

Beginners Guide To Thailand.

Archived