Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps

webfact

Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps 

surachet.jpg

Picture: Thai Immigration Bureau

Visa agents in Laksi in Bangkok have been busted by immigration after they circumvented immigration by issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps.

The immigration site on Facebook said that their leader Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn personally led a raid on CBS World Co Ltd, a company that arranged for migrant workers to come to Thailand. 

They appeared to be catering to people from Myanmar. 

Arrested was a Thai man called Surawut Sinthawachiwa, 60, and Namfon, 42, a Myanmar national. 

Taken into evidence were 489 passports and 29 counterfeit stamps. 

The immigration site said that the pair had admitted running the business for 10 years and charging 1,500 to 2000 baht a time for the fake stamps. 

They said that a member of the public had alerted them to the fake stamps.

INN reported that the arrests came after contact was made to immigration offices in Prajuab Khiri Khan and Nakorn Sawan where there were irregularities discovered in 90 day reporting stamps.  

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-15

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

tip of the iceberg, the day of reckoning for the dodgy Immigration guys must be fast approaching. 

Ha, every time I go to my local immigration office I see agents openly handing over piles of passports with banknotes in, and I thought all reports and extensions had to be done in person.

When BJ busts some the cops, I will believe this more than a publicity stunt prior to the elections to show how good the current government is.  Even the new extension of stay requirements for retirees is part stunt.  Make it hard as possible for people from other countries to live here surely appeals to the average Thai.

3 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Ha, every time I go to my local immigration office I see agents openly handing over piles of passports with banknotes in, and I thought all reports and extensions had to be done in person.

A good friend of mine pays an agent to do his annual retirement extensions and 90 day reports. He hasn't been inside the CW building for years or kleft his condo for 3 months..

I suspect that with the new rules re embassy letters etc he may be in for a shock, if he lives that long.

6 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

did the office had the special NO TIPS sign 555

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I see this type of news as publicity stunts, it's all for the polls, elections are coming and the typical Thai (voting) person need to see some action

Those reading or taking any notice of these stories don't play any part what-so-even in the voting process, do you really think the average Thai has any interest or even see's these non-news stories. 

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

tip of the iceberg, the day of reckoning for the dodgy Immigration guys must be fast approaching. 

For me nothing to do with Immigration the Agency had manufactured their own stamps.At a recent Expats Meeting an Agent said even after the new rules Agents will still be able to ‘facilitate’ Visas, the stamp in your Passport is a genuine one from Immigration wether it’s legal how you obtained it is another thing.

There are 12000 Expats who receive their Extensions every year from Jomtien, I don’t think every individual one goes too Jomtien ?

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Reports don't have to be done in person unless you're late and have a fine to pay. We always send messengers to do ours from the office.

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

If BJ continues his campaign, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his 'day of reckoning' is also 'fast approaching'.

Not seen any 'big noises' arrested yet, things may change if some are.

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

If BJ continues his campaign, I wouldn't be at all surprised if his 'day of reckoning' is also 'fast approaching'.

Not seen any 'big noises' arrested yet, things may change if some are.

Too many snouts in th trough, Big Joke is an individual and for sure if he treads on too many toes it might not have a pleasant ending for him, remember this is Thailand.

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

For me nothing to do with Immigration the Agency had manufactured their own stamps.At a recent Expats Meeting an Agent said even after the new rules Agents will still be able to ‘facilitate’ Visas, the stamp in your Passport is a genuine one from Immigration wether it’s legal how you obtained it is another thing.

There are 12000 Expats who receive their Extensions every year from Jomtien, I don’t think every individual one goes too Jomtien ?

Me thinks , it is all registered on a central data base.

so who is in on the act , when you go in or out of Thailand

Carry on Thailand. most amusing. :coffee1:

6 hours ago, ReMarKable said:

When BJ busts some the cops, I will believe this more than a publicity stunt prior to the elections to show how good the current government is.  Even the new extension of stay requirements for retirees is part stunt.  Make it hard as possible for people from other countries to live here surely appeals to the average Thai.

Absolutely correct. It is part publicity stunt, and part xenophobia. Making life harder for foreigners is part of what he does. Good PR for his department, so he thinks. In reality the word is getting around, and Thailand is simply becoming a less desirable destination, and thousands of really good ex-pat men are leaving. And to think this nation may be cursed with more years of these hapless fools. Moving Thailand backwards at an astonishing pace. 

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

Those reading or taking any notice of these stories don't play any part what-so-even in the voting process, do you really think the average Thai has any interest or even see's these non-news stories. 

Spot on most Thais as they do not use immigration really doesn't care or even know where his local station is

Archived