Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps

webfact

9 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Ha, every time I go to my local immigration office I see agents openly handing over piles of passports with banknotes in, and I thought all reports and extensions had to be done in person.

Dream on.

Two different entities here.

And Immigration has no intention of going back to basic salaries. 

Business is Business    ????

7 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

For me nothing to do with Immigration the Agency had manufactured their own stamps.At a recent Expats Meeting an Agent said even after the new rules Agents will still be able to ‘facilitate’ Visas, the stamp in your Passport is a genuine one from Immigration wether it’s legal how you obtained it is another thing.

There are 12000 Expats who receive their Extensions every year from Jomtien, I don’t think every individual one goes too Jomtien ?

Its as simple as chosing a good agent.

Drive to immigration and get your picture taken. All of two minutes.

And then you are on the inside running.

The retirement extension happens.

90 day reports no need to attend. 

Advising address on return not needed. 

The stamps are real.

Re entry stamps work fine too.

10 hours ago, soalbundy said:

They were just cutting out the middleman.

Stand easy lads ,  BJ  is after people  Myanmar , not white farlangs , 

Different class of agent , money more , no prob.   sleep well . 555

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Visa agents in Laksi in Bangkok have been busted by immigration after they circumvented immigration by issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps.

wow.  amazing they'd print that.

....suggests if they'd paid the proper percentage, they'd have gotten authentic stamps. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Doesn’t Big Joke realise that the majority of people from Lao and Cambodia he ‘busts’ and sends back will be back over the border too Thailand the following week.

Years ago I was living in Trang. One day when I returned from Canada I went, can't remember exactly where, but to an Immigration Office nearby and it was closed but a sign was hanging on the door. My wife told me that it said that the Officers were not in but would return in afternoon. We went out shopping for a bottle of Johnny Walker Black as a gift for the "Big Boy" and returned in the afternoon when the office was open. While sitting with the "Big Boy" I casually asked him where they had been? He told me that they were out deporting Burmese back to their country. I asked him how many times he returns the same offenders......he did not reply, he just held up one finger. I must say this was 30 or more years ago and I don't know what is going on now. I do know that if boatloads of migrants would hit shores around Kantang the cops would finger print them and take pictures of them and then tow them back into the sea.

13 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Do you insert banknotes for the IO's into your passports?

No, as mentioned, you only need to go in person if there's a fine to pay. For a regular 90 day report there's no need to pay anything, and anyone (e.g. a messenger) can do it for you.

50 minutes ago, dantilley said:

No, as mentioned, you only need to go in person if there's a fine to pay. For a regular 90 day report there's no need to pay anything, and anyone (e.g. a messenger) can do it for you.

Can confirm, used line Messenger service before for changwattana 90 day report as i am too lazy to bring it to the thai elite office. Give him 300 baht for the trip and he is usually back in 2 hours 

22 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Too many snouts in th trough, Big Joke is an individual and for sure if he treads on too many toes it might not have a pleasant ending for him, remember this is Thailand.

And also remember this is the 'military' Thailand and probably will be so for the next 20 yrs. Many Thais are also anti corruption and I believe all bets are off as to what is going to transpire. I believe those that are counting on the status quo may be unpleasantly surprised, as some that already are. 

Archived