Video: Jai yen yen na! Hot head patient throws phone at hospital staffer

webfact

Video: Jai yen yen na! Hot head patient throws phone at hospital staffer

7pm.jpg

Video footage posted on Facebook showed an irate Thai male patient throw his phone in the direction of a lady behind a counter. 

His beef was that he had finally got to the front of the queue to pay and he still had not received a certificate that he requested from the doctor. 

Poster "Tukta" said this happened when she was waiting to pay. She said it was very scary and she felt sorry for the staff member. 

Thai Rath said that the phone nearly hit the staffer. She then picked it up for the patient and wai-ed him. 

Thaivisa notes that Thais often pride themselves on being cool-headed. The request to be "jai yen yen" ( literally heart cool or take it easy) is often directed at people when they start to lose their temper. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-15

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

His beef was that he had finally got to the front of the queue to pay and he still had not received a certificate that he requested from the doctor. 

Obviously a medical certificate (sick note) saying he was not the full shilling !

I'd say he only did what 99% of us would like to do in situations like this, but thank God we are able to use more temperance. I get stressed out any time I have to interact with a Thai employee because nothing ever goes according to my expectations. The laziness, incompetence, lack of accountability, stupidity, ignorance and irresponsibility is rampant here, and we farangs can get frustrated very quickly because we just can't accept it and are not used to experiencing that on a daily basis in our home countries. I think more and more Thais are losing patience with the lunacy and chaos in this place and they are beginning to act out. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand their frustration.  

I've been there; bill ready but medical certificate not ready. I just  left - big scream "no pay bill" and I told them to let me know, when the medical certificate was ready.

Got 17 phone calls that the certificate was ready and I answered all the time that I'll pass by and pick up the certificate and the bill once I am free. Two months later I walked in and from that day on I NEVER ever had to wait for anything again.

Arrogant pack of bas*ç%"ç%rds; twenty birds in tailor-cut silk uniforms (paid for by patients) hanging around doing nothing, busy with Line, Facebook, WhatsApp etc. while it was not possible to get my check-out paper on an outpatient treatment ready in 75 minutes. 

Archived