BANGKOK 27 March 2019 01:08
Rimmer

Pattaya launches random checks to enforce new anti-smoking rules

5000 baht for smoking, 2000 baht for littering (throwing butt on the ground), and just 500 baht more for doing so while riding your motorbike on the pedestrian walkway out front of the restaurant.   

• Haha 2

Greetings, 

Please check Panda, Palace and Tantra Bars in Walking Street!

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What a hypocritical crusade!

I am a non-smoker but hey there are more important issues to look after.

Instead of hunting smokers under open sky they could look for the chaos on the roads.

non smoking areas are more important than idiots on motorbikes or vehicles that do NOT stop for people on pedestrian crossings..... or the illegal undertaking remember we are in Thailand....

Whatever you do, don’t check the boats because they have nothing to do with tourists dying and millions never coming to Thailand.

16 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Are condo buildings considered public buildings? i.e. How far from an entrance door of a condo building must smoking be prohibited?

Obviously you have not or cannot read the regulations 5METRES and yes.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, bkkbudddy said:

Greetings, 

Please check Panda, Palace and Tantra Bars in Walking Street!

Just go to all the bars in Pattaya, as a friend and owner who I asked which part of  bar is non smoking he told me you can smoke anywhere here I told him about the regulation, he just said who going to enforce it.  Maybe if the owners of the buildings, bars, condos etc. were fined 100,000thb then maybe their attitude would change. Me I've heard of a bar in Soi Diana that is non-smoking looks like it's going to get my business

It may be a good idea to stride measure all arriving smoking tourists otherwise short smokers will be victimized🤔 

Would have thought underage kids riding motor bikes with no crash hats is something to do with public health, am sure whilst this lot are hiding behind dust bins ready to pounce on puffers that those kids will be belting past with noooo ploblems.. 🤔

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pi2005ni said:

I think maybe the health department and police traffic department may be two separate organisations. Can’t imagine the public health department handing out traffic fines .

we are in Thailand things happen in weird ways here !!!

Edited by essox essox
wrong spelling

On 2/14/2019 at 11:36 PM, bluesofa said:

Anti-smoking rules - what's the woman in the photo been smoking?

It must have been some good shit that made her hair stand up like that.

I'm sure it was medical!

Great to see the real important things get special attention in Pattaya. :coffee1:

As usual they make a big bunch of hoohaaa / hype out of these insignificant issues like the above.  How about rounding up the 850,000 Thais who have arrest warrants out for them?  ohhh no... thats too difficult to tackle.. keep that one in the box with the lid closed tight.... shhhhhhhh!! 

• Like 1

Nice hairdo! Quite the stylish look she has...