BANGKOK 26 March 2019 09:54
webfact

Immigration crackdown nets 522 law-breaking foreigners

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

You're asking for trouble keeping her around, get ready to be deported and blacklisted yourself.

No real problem.

500+ law breakers seem to be a common haul. Is this story just being recycled? You know the Thais are big on the environment. 

On 2/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, tlandtday said:

Where are all the terrible westerners they are so eager to crack down upon?

they are already in IDC

On 2/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, jackinthebox said:

most of these will work for 300 Baht a day. Thais won't. At least not in Bangkok. Too lazy. So if thai police rounds up all these foreigners and sends them back home to Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia - who will do all the factory-/serving-/ construction-/ cleaning-work?

And if all that work stops the air could actually become breathable in bkk again 🙂

Common practice years ago for the Thai building companies to send in the Immigration to arrest all the Burmese so the didn't have to pay them 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, Caine said:

My pet orangutan is too smart for BJ. Like me he never bothers his head with such matters as visas, in the unlikely event of them ever catching up with me. I will just inform the staff at the country pile, to make ready for my homecoming, get Robinson to dust off the Bentley, instruct Smithers the ostler to have the horses well shod. Demand Jones the vintler to have the cellars well stocked and be on my merry way home to old Blighty. I should imagine most others will do the same.

Are you dreaming or hallucinating? Get to the root cause soon. Age also creates this type of muttering. 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:14 AM, Dazinoz said:

My girlfriend is on overstay from Myanmar and has been for awhile. We have been trying to get her ID for a long time now. Have been scammed a little or just get the big "run around". It does not help I don't understand the language and she just doesn't understand much she is told and forgets and tells me wrong stuff. On a recent visit to her consulate here in Chiang Mai they told her to go home. She said she didn't want to so they told her to stay out of trouble or she could be arrested and deported. She also has the belief that immigration can't go to her room and arrest her and she also said they will just let me go. She is very naive. She doesn't work as I have been supporting her.

I  think you are more naive than her. Think about it. 

22 minutes ago, ravip said:

I  think you are more naive than her. Think about it. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, tlandtday said:

Where are all the terrible westerners they are so eager to crack down upon?

The low hanging fruit always gets picked first.

They'll rid most of you through visa changes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

The low hanging fruit always gets picked first.

They'll rid most of you through visa changes. 

Amazes me how many people on these forums think they are so much better than others.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Amazes me how many people on these forums think they are so much better than others.

I think he was having a sense of humour.  Perfectly reasonable light heartedness..  Much written each day that is nasty .. not this. He must be foreign tooooooo.  I get the gallows humour. He is laughing at our / his situation not being superior.

But hey ho. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, Dazinoz said:

I don't think , I know. ( Double meaning)

On 2/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, BobbyL said:

Where is that poster they released not long ago stating there was only around 300 overstayers left? 

There will always come new Overstayer that can't surprise you