Cobra Gold troops drink blood from decapitated cobras in annual jungle ceremony

webfact

Cobra Gold troops drink blood from decapitated cobras in annual jungle ceremony

By The Thaiger

Y6HNJCJ6GJFDPAJTQ3O3S3DLGM.jpg

Thailand and US military forces have joined in the opening ceremony for the annual Cobra Gold military exercise. Cobra Gold is the largest biggest military exercise of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region with 29 nations taking part as participants or observers.

The military activities will run until February 22, including disaster relief training, military field training and humanitarian assistance training.

US Marines and other international troops joined in the annual event’s tradition of drinking blood from decapitated cobras. The bizarre ritual is thought to contain health benefits for humans brave enough to consume it (no studies are cited to support the claims but who’s going to argue with a blood-stained guy with a gun!?!)

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/cobra-gold-troops-drink-blood-from-decapitated-cobras-in-annual-jungle-ceremony

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-15

Looks some people still have not realized that we have entered the 21st century but rather like to stick to outdated, primitive, useless rituals by killing innocent animals in their natural habitat to keep up the “tough guy” image!
Karma is hopefully a bitch - you never know when it bites back!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I can see from the innane comments that none of the posters have every apparently done a military survival course. 

It pays to actually read the article instead of just beatch about it. "Royal Thai Marine instructors showed the troops how drinking the blood from a cobra can help them stay alive if there is no drinkable water and can also provide essential nutrition."

Most troops are trained how to live off the land in an emergency and the press has chosen to sensationalize a very small part of what will have occurred. I guess its better that soldiers don't know what vines they can get water from, which animals they can safely slaughter for food and which water sources they can use in an emergency. Wouldn't want to upset the Vegan Snowflakes would we!

7 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

it's just a good thing they're not using retiree's who can't meet extension requirements...

Why not use these expendibles?

Pay some money for the the privilege, to their estate for their beneficiaries. 

31 minutes ago, johng said:

Isn't it animal cruelty...just like killing and eating a dog ?

I suppose so, just like killing and eating a cow, pig, sheep etc

They killed the snake, they didn't torture it.

Ever seen what the Gurkhas do when their ritual buffalo slaughter happens?

33 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Dumb and Dumber...Thai style!

"US Marines and other international troops joined in the annual event’s tradition of drinking blood from decapitated cobras."

I you dared to call a Marine, whatever nationality, "dumb", they'd probably decapitate you and drink your blood too. 

29 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I can see from the innane comments that none of the posters have every apparently done a military survival course. 

It pays to actually read the article instead of just beatch about it. "Royal Thai Marine instructors showed the troops how drinking the blood from a cobra can help them stay alive if there is no drinkable water and can also provide essential nutrition."

Most troops are trained how to live off the land in an emergency and the press has chosen to sensationalize a very small part of what will have occurred. I guess its better that soldiers don't know what vines they can get water from, which animals they can safely slaughter for food and which water sources they can use in an emergency. Wouldn't want to upset the Vegan Snowflakes would we!

Well I am not a vegan and I am upset, too!

a) because this has got nothing to do with "survival", but with people with rather small genitals, trying to be badasses!

b ) ...because this is not the 30's! I doubt, that in modern war- fare, soldiers can get lost for weeks on tropical, unpopulated  islands!

c) I am quiet sure, there are other ways to get a drink and some nutrition from other sources, before you try battling a Kong Cobra!

d) Nothing else, but animal cruelty!

I hope, they catch some nasty viruses from the blood, maybe something, that makes them soil their beds for a few days...

9 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Well I am not a vegan and I am upset, too!

a) because this has got nothing to do with "survival", but with people with rather small genitals, trying to be badasses!

b ) ...because this is not the 30's! I doubt, that in modern war- fare, soldiers can get lost for weeks on tropical, unpopulated  islands!

c) I am quiet sure, there are other ways to get a drink and some nutrition from other sources, before you try battling a Kong Cobra!

d) Nothing else, but animal cruelty!

I hope, they catch some nasty viruses from the blood, maybe something, that makes them soil their beds for a few days...

Well as long as they keep us safe, and not You, i dont give a Rats Ass.

27 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Well as long as they keep us safe, and not You, i dont give a Rats Ass.

If the Army is the usual standard of Thai- "service", I doubt, they can keep a parking lot safe !

But on the other hand: you believe, you can only be kept safe, by guys who drink snake- blood!?

...wow...

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Geez, people are upset because of a few dead snakes?  Snakes??  Give me a break.  Kill more of them I say.  By the way, I took out some mosquitoes today.  Are you bleeding hearts going to get upset about that?  Well why not?? 

Yeah...kill all the animals, I don't like!

Hell if I care!

Snakes, sharks, spiders, mosquitos...

The eco-system, where these animals pay an important part, can go and fornicate with itself!

Why don't we already pave the jungle and turn in to a big parking lot!?

Man, whit the big brain and all the thinky-thinky stuff, truly is the crown of creation!

:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Yeah...kill all the animals, I don't like!

Hell if I care!

Snakes, sharks, spiders, mosquitos...

The eco-system, where these animals pay an important part, can go and fornicate with itself!

Why don't we already pave the jungle and turn in to a big parking lot!?

Man, whit the big brain and all the thinky-thinky stuff, truly is the crown of creation!

:coffee1:

Overreaction?  Nobody is saying "kill all the animals I don't like!"  But a few dead snakes (or mosquitoes) is not going to change our ecosystem.  Too many snakes (read Guam) may destroy an ecosystem. 

Archived