Cobra Gold troops drink blood from decapitated cobras in annual jungle ceremony

webfact

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Overreaction?  Nobody is saying "kill all the animals I don't like!"  But a few dead snakes (or mosquitoes) is not going to change our ecosystem.  Too many snakes (read Guam) may destroy an ecosystem. 

And who brought those particular snakes to Guam?

Did they just materialize out of thin air, some sunny morning?

There are in fact, eco-systems that can not even have small things change, before the break down!

It's you with a "few" snakes and Billy- Bob don't like 'em either, so there's some more killed and before you can say "Cobra Gold", a species is endangered, with rather catastrophic consequences.

It is never "just you" and a "few snakes"...

35 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

The snowflakes have given their bit, as usual, useless banter.

Let me guess: you are some butch soldier, a manly man, who has drunk the juice of more than just one snake, you sucked dry!

I have a former Marine Gunny Sgt buddy. He said the five toughest and nastiest soldiers out there (other than the US marines) were the Royal Marines, the Gurkhas, The Thais Marines, Izzys and the Korean Marines.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I have a former Marine Gunny Sgt buddy. He said the five toughest and nastiest soldiers out there (other than the US marines) were the Royal Marines, the Gurkhas, The Thais Marines, Izzys and the Korean Marines.

You might have included "Who Dares Wins".image.jpeg.2eaeff7333b70cf1efb601ce07d94615.jpeg

18 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"US Marines and other international troops joined in the annual event’s tradition of drinking blood from decapitated cobras."

I you dared to call a Marine, whatever nationality, "dumb", they'd probably decapitate you and drink your blood too. 

Legends in their own minds.

Archived