BANGKOK 22 March 2019 17:21
webfact

Why is Thailand so popular for medical tourists?

Why is Thailand so popular for medical tourists?

By The Thaiger

medical-tourism-ft.jpg

Considered to be one of the most popular destinations for contemporary medical tourism, Thailand continues to see a surge in patients seeking top quality, affordable care. From Bangkok to Chiang Mai and the beaches of Phuket, thousands visit annually, combining luxury travel with first-rate quality care, for the ultimate medical tourism holiday.

It appears convenience is one key component as to why patients keep returning for invasive and non-invasive treatment. Several international airports service this South East Asian hub with non-stop flights to locations across Thailand including Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and Pattaya. Low-cost internal flights mean travelling around is cheap and easy. But this is only scratching the surface.

Significant financial injections from the Thai government has led to a genuine medical boom with major boosts to the country’s healthcare infrastructure. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/why-is-thailand-so-popular-for-medical-tourists

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-15

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Last year i went to hospital in Bangkok to get my shoulder looked at (dislocated cuff) after falling from a ladder and once the doc had done a quick examination he wanted me to have an MRI which was going to cost 25,000 tbh to which i quickly said no much to expensive for E and it cost 4,000 for consultation and pain killers to which i am still taking today 3 months after the visit simply because its costs to much for treatment here . I could have flowen back to Australia been treated there and flown back to Thailand for much less than this hospital wanted . I was quoted 25,000 to 35,000 by a hospital in Pattaya + all the extras to get a single cortizone injection with the Bangkok one quoting 7.000 + all the extras . my shoulder is getting much better and looking to going to the driving range quite soon so have saved probably 40,000 tbh which is more than my Pension payment plus just by waiting and exercising .

i pay the local government street clinic 500 baht per cortisol injection

• Like 2

the cost of medical for me in Chiang Mai has sky rocketed. Also, everyone I talk to agrees with me. You have to be very selective in hospitals here or your paying a big medical bill.

• Like 1

Greetings, 

555555555555555555, not now it's getting too expensive!