Mistake with the 800K - went to 799K for 3 days

4 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

If he doesn't approve, tell him you want extension based on marriage instead, lot more paperwork for him. ????

And for you, but it might facilitate a re-think. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

IO's have discretion. IMHO it will probably just involve profuse apologies. As another poster has said, if that fails you can always use blackmail by threatening to convert to a marriage extension. If I was an IO, I would surrender immediately. However, I am not Thai.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

if you dont like new regulations, -leave ????

no mention until yours about new regulations, but otherwise a very helpful post

would a 60 day wife extension rectify the problem

Edited by steve187

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

If they make a fuss maybe ask if you can pay a fee

They might not notice or care about such a small transgression.

Obviously if they do notice it, then apologise and offer to pay a fine.

If this is a situation that cannot be resolved with a fine then you are at their mercy.

Edited by pr9spk

20 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Hopefully the IO will be understanding however I very much doubt that...this is a lesson learnt for all those saying go back home, you are too poor etc when the new rules come into effect.

OK ,  you have swayed  me , on this one .

Pack your  bags , and head  for home . 555

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BritTim said:

The junior official taking your application is supposed to be pedantic, and stick exactly to the requirements. However, senior officials have the discretion to bend the rules over bank seasoning. If you have a problem (not unlikely) politely ask if they will check with the senior official whether they will approve the application in spite of the technical issue. The retirement desk at Jomtien is reputed to be friendly, so I like your chances. Good luck!

when I had missed 90-day report, and thus technically on overstay, I pointed out my error to the passport officer when leaving BKK, and explained how that could happen, and asked his advice. He concluded: "no overstay". 
Same tactic may work here. 
if male officer blame the guilty in a joke, if female blame yourself, language problem.

When I did last renewal a few months back, I was advised that it would be wise to put a few Baht extra on the account because there had been cases where bank charges caused a low balance, and this office was refusing the extension.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

not mrs. p's mistake; was mr. p's mistake!  it's not a joint account, and mrs' p. should not have access to it, especially during seasoning season.

in future, you should have a separate account with no atm card solely for immigration seasoning. 

Yes, I've got that.   The 800K is better in a separate account to the one used for daily living.  A lesson learnt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

did you have balance on another account during that period ? debit card or something like that ?
maybe your bank will issue a second certificate showing the minimum balance on that account ?