Mistake with the 800K - went to 799K for 3 days

13 minutes ago, KKr said:

when I had missed 90-day report, and thus technically on overstay, I pointed out my error to the passport officer when leaving BKK, and explained how that could happen, and asked his advice. He concluded: "no overstay". 
Same tactic may work here. 
if male officer blame the guilty in a joke, if female blame yourself, language problem.

When I did last renewal a few months back, I was advised that it would be wise to put a few Baht extra on the account because there had been cases where bank charges caused a low balance, and this office was refusing the extension.

That was my intention but after placing a few thousand over 800K on account the exchange rate become even worse, so I have been waiting for a slight improvement before sending over more, as a buffer.  Mistake.  I have now transferred more,  but it hurts at this rate of exchange. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon how pedant the officer approving your application is.

One baht under for 3 days out of 3 months or more shouldn't really be a problem.

It's 1K Baht...… but maybe Imm will gloss over that. OP needs to speak to them.

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

So taking her name off the account is a non-starter then?

she is not on the account, she just has an ATM card for it, as do I.  We use the account for day to day expenses.  I will now split off the 800K into a separate account.  Joking apart, It was a genuine mistake on her part as she knows how important the 800K is. 

23 hours ago, indepth said:

Stay, stand and fight like a man, running away never solved anything.

Leaving Thailand isn’t running away, it’s upgrading.

Unless you’re going to Cambodia, then it’s a downgrade.