Hua Hin Marriage extension renewal

Also forgot to add I have never done a TM30 or TM28  ( cant remember which is which) and  Hua  Hin have never mentioned it in 5  years......thankfully,making Hua  Hin one of the better immigration centres

• Like 2

We had to submit the same extra paperwork you mentioned. We applied on Feb. 5 for extension at Tha Yang.  We were also required to provide two witnesses when we applied for the marriage extension.   Last year and again this year we were visited by Immigration police.  One of them told us that the Tha Yang office will be moving to a new building close to Khao Yoi perhaps towards the end of the year.  If this is true, a lot of Cha Am expats will be less than happy about the extra distance they will have to travel.  Me too.

• Thanks 1

This week I renewed my marriage extension at Koh Samui; it was the easiest in 14 years...

Last year they nit-picked over everything and I made around 40 copies and needed more photos, etc. This year I forgot to copy one page of passport and that was it! Maps accepted were from last year (rejected then) photos not even looked at.

It is almost like they have decided good guys = married and bad guys = retired ????

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, kannot said:

Also forgot to add I have never done a TM30 or TM28  ( cant remember which is which) and  Hua  Hin have never mentioned it in 5  years......thankfully,making Hua  Hin one of the better immigration centres

Thanks for the update. What did you need in regard to the witness? Copy of their house book and ID?

23 hours ago, kannot said:

They told us that now they will have to come out here and see us at home which is the first time in 5  years, they told us the first year we  were too  far away and they couldnt come as had no gas  money and have never been here.

1st year was given a retirement extension, even though we were applying for a marriage extension, you need retirement extension, more easy for you, besides marriage extension has to go to Bangkok and your visa is expiring so do like this, ok.

Next year applied for the marriage extension, they were not happy as they had to come to our place to take photos with us outside the house, cost me 1,500 baht for gas money, 2 hour 40 minute return trip for them, every year after has been smooth sailing, that said, if they want to come every year now, they won't be getting any gas money from me because it costs me to go there and back too, maybe they want to pay for my gas x 4 which includes the 4 x 90 days and the extension !

Edited by 4MyEgo

did my marriage extension in December, took around 90 minutes all up including waiting, the lady on the desk knows us well enough and has a chat while she does it, double copies of everything, she just checks them, gets me to sign the copies after she stamps them, gives me an extension till the due date of the approval and a receipt for the payment, couldnt be simpler but will do the money in the bank next time. We had the immigration police visit us last year for pics but that was a unusual for us and we live in town.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

1st year was given a retirement extension, even though we were applying for a marriage extension, you need retirement extension, more easy for you, besides marriage extension has to go to Bangkok and your visa is expiring so do like this, ok.

Next year applied for the marriage extension, they were not happy as they had to come to our place to take photos with us outside the house, cost me 1,500 baht for gas money, 2 hour 40 minute return trip for them, every year after has been smooth sailing, that said, if they want to come every year now, they won't be getting any gas money from me because it costs me to go there and back too, maybe they want to pay for my gas x 4 which includes the 4 x 90 days and the extension !

I would never have given them gas money in the first place. They told you they were coming, they pay the money.

2 hours ago, patekatek said:

We had to submit the same extra paperwork you mentioned. We applied on Feb. 5 for extension at Tha Yang.  We were also required to provide two witnesses when we applied for the marriage extension.   Last year and again this year we were visited by Immigration police.  One of them told us that the Tha Yang office will be moving to a new building close to Khao Yoi perhaps towards the end of the year.  If this is true, a lot of Cha Am expats will be less than happy about the extra distance they will have to travel.  Me too.

Now they're up to 2 witnesses?

Last year for the first time they wanted one.

Moving to Khao Yoi seems silly because as you mention most foreigners are in Chaam.

Tha Yang was also OK for those in Perchaburi.

If they are going to make home visits that will be pretty lengthy drives.

Thanks for the info.

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would never have given them gas money in the first place. They told you they were coming, they pay the money.

Easier said than done.

Not a good look on their faces when changing from retirement extension to marriage extension, "we are going to have to come out to take photos and you are going to have to pay for gas money, 1,500 baht".

You want to argue with them, "up to you" we have them on our side now for small fries, but won't be paying again ????

• Like 2

????

42 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Easier said than done.

Not a good look on their faces when changing from retirement extension to marriage extension, "we are going to have to come out to take photos and you are going to have to pay for gas money, 1,500 baht".

You want to argue with them, "up to you" we have them on our side now for small fries, but won't be paying again ????

It's just like in the UK, the police stop you and ask for your drivers licence, you have not broken any rules, you tell them you have left it in the house, they tell you to hand it in to the police station within seven days, you say to them "No, if you want to see it you come to my house, you want it, you come and get it". ????

Edited by possum1931
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, patekatek said:

had to  supply ID  card  ONLY of a  witness  no need for them to attend, witness  only had to attend in the FIRST year at Hua  Hin

10 hours ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Sorry,  but love the use of the word DUE.  laughing inside I was thinking 'imprisonment due to marriage'

Well this is a Wife who had no parents when I met  her so no crap from that sort of thing, one who has  supported and paid for me financially for the last 13  years,  after I set her  up with a condo rental business ( 4 rooms) she rents out and sells many rooms for other owners now, apart from being  too immersed in her work i dont have other other complaints.

Im 78 shes 30 met her in Pattaya she was only there on her "first day" shes  "different" built her a Mc  Mansion and  her Brother lives with us, nice guy they seem real  close............................that should get everyone excited and be true  to form

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Myran said:

Thanks for the update. What did you need in regard to the witness? Copy of their house book and ID?

JUst copy  of ID  card signed by them and they MUST be form PRACHUAP area ( crazy eh) only in the FIRST year did a  witness have to attend

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 6:11 AM, kannot said:

Many thanks for the post Kannot.

this basically confirms what the chief said when the Wife phoned at the time all the new regs. came out. He said marriage extension no changes. It is an interesting one that they have been told to visit every year. We had a visit for the first one and nothing since. However, as I am 5 minutes drive around the corner in 88 it will be no hassle for them. Regards the TM30, it is always one of the pages of the Passport that I copy,( a copy of every page with a Thai stamp rule ),so guess that is why they have never asked for it. Again, thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Edited by AhFarangJa

17 hours ago, patekatek said:

A bit off topic but does anybody know why immigration offices in Hua Hin and now Tha Yang keep moving. Feels like every year in Hua Hin. 

Is there a logical reason?

15 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Whereas I do understand your point, there is another side to the coin. Last month I went to Immigration ( Hua Hin ), to renew my driving licences for car and bike. There have been many posts before on the cost of the paper regards where you live, ranging from nothing, to a few hundred Baht depending where you are. I was charged 1,000 per copy. Now I fully understand this is flagrant extortion, but I also know that they have the upper hand. If I create a song and dance about it, I can be certain that my name will go on an (unofficial) blacklist, then when it comes to my next extension application they will make it hell for me. I learnt from many years in Saudi Arabia, and China, to never rock the boat, just bite the lip, and go with it. They always win in the end. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

A bit off topic but does anybody know why immigration offices in Hua Hin and now Tha Yang keep moving. Feels like every year in Hua Hin. 

Is there a logical reason?

Hua Hin offices moved down near the beach about 4 years ago. I am not 100% sure of the facts, but someone told me it is not government land and the owner wants to develop it. maybe another member has more solid info.

1 minute ago, AhFarangJa said:

Hua Hin offices moved down near the beach about 4 years ago. I am not 100% sure of the facts, but someone told me it is not government land and the owner wants to develop it. maybe another member has more solid info.

Before that they were in Soi 102, near Index and on the klong road next to the Three Sisters. That all in the last 10 years or so. Strange how they move so much

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Before that they were in Soi 102, near Index and on the klong road next to the Three Sisters. That all in the last 10 years or so. Strange how they move so much

My guess would be someone in immigration owns a haulage business as a sideline, or has a relative who is a property agent. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

My guess would be someone in immigration owns a haulage business as a sideline, or has a relative who is a property agent. :thumbsup:

The land on which previous offices stood was owned by other government (or private) entities. The new building, along with the residential blocks is owned by Immigration.
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 4:04 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Same scenario for me.

Original Retirement then changed to Marriage extension because of ability to work.

House visit every year..no gas monet except one time when we wanted them to come quickly.

Same 2 neighbours attend...every year!

Despite our original photos submitted..still another half dozen taken by them on mobile phones inside and out. ..all with neighbours in the pix.

Coffee, cake and small talk for 30 mins.

Seems a big waste of time to me but I guess they like getting out of the office....which us only 15 mins away.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 12:30 PM, AhFarangJa said:

They always win in the end.

A win/win 50/50 in the end perhaps, remembering there is no principal here in Thailand, just ducking and weaving and whenever I lose out, be it a 400 baht driving fine for not speeding, although told speeding, I will make sure the retailer selling me my next TV will discount it by 400 baht, i.e. what goes around, comes around, another example is my car is due for a service, Ford want 4,380 baht, it's just out of warranty, so went to the wife's cousin 2,000 baht, so the guy that ripped me the other day 1,000 baht for fixing my car key, i.e. he replaced a part instead of replacing the fob and cutting a new key, as originally quote, long of the short, I got my original key and fob back fixed, whereas Ford wanted 5,500 baht, so I was ahead, but still, it should have been 200 baht max, maybe 300 baht, and he ripped me for 1,000 baht, so you have to find a way to re-coupe the "principal" by taking back from them, this way, you WIN all the time ????

Yes revenge is bittersweet, although I call it getting even plus a bit on top, besides, I'm Greek, no one bends me over, we invented it oi ! 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1