Got stucked in Cambodia, need Urgent help

1 hour ago, gamini said:

I think most of the problem is that people don't seem to understand that they just can't live in a country indefinitely on a tourist visa. Most countries will only allow  you to stay for six months as a tourist, so why do people expect Thailand to be any different. If they did not try to enforce it. The country would be full of tax dodgers.

"Tax dodgers" LOL. That's the least of any country's concerns. Criminals and others carrying out illegal activities are a far greater concern.

• Like 1

Well, I have arrived at SR few hours ago and booked a flight to Bangkok already. 

I'm now seeing posts suggesting that flying in is not the best option. 

Is there any reports of refusing entry at Suvarnabumi?

I don't have any 30 day stamps in my passport yet.  Only stamps related to 2 years ED visa. 

I was able to withdraw 500 US at the airport from an ATM. 

Should I book a hotel? 

Any further suggestions? 

2 minutes ago, kd2000 said:

Well, I have arrived at SR few hours ago and booked a flight to Bangkok already. 

I don't have any 30 day stamps in my passport yet.  Only stamps related to 2 years ED visa. 

Should I book a hotel? 

Any further suggestions? 

I am not an expert in this area but from my personal experience using the consulate and other's opinions very little problems have ever occurred at Savannakhet/Mukdahan crossing. 

4 hours ago, gamini said:

I think most of the problem is that people don't seem to understand that they just can't live in a country indefinitely on a tourist visa.

But the thing is that you could do just that - in Thailand - for at least the last couple of decades (probably longer). Transitioning away from that "tradition" obviously causes some friction in the process.

Personally, I'd prefer if Thailand introduced new rules that leave no doubt, instead of letting each border checkpoint make up their own silly "interpretation". How can they expect visitors to follow the rules when there are no rules that are clear and enforced across all checkpoints? That mess is on Thailand, not on the country's long-term visitors who would (have to) adapt one way or another.

OMG...this reminds so much of the nightmarish visa regimes in places like China and I guess N Korea...thx God, and I am not even religious, but here in Philippines I have been coming up on 36 months consecutive stay with 2 months or 6 months extensions at one of the many immigration offices scattered throughout...never had a single question thrown at me, and couple of times overstayed without any problems, one time for 10 days, the immigration guy just smiled, turned the stamp date back and stamped as if I waqs on time......Thailand...BRRRRRR...one of the many reasons I hope never to be back...last visit was 10 years ago...Philippines ROCKS, a real different world out here...cannot imagine why grown men would put up with such nonsense in real sh*tty places like that!!

Francois Williams - YT

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, LucysDad said:

There is a bus service from Chong Chom to Surin.

so bus or taxi to o'smach crossing.  from there catch a bus to surin, train to bangkok.

chong chom market has food and a few cheap motels if you're too late for the last bus.

7 hours ago, kd2000 said:

Should I book a hotel? 

Any further suggestions? 

quite a few reports of hassles at swampy and DM airports from those with lot of recent stay history and visa exempt entry .

It pot luck but visa exempt and poor history increases chances of being questioned .

Be prepared and be calm/polite .

have money and perhaps hotel booking, assume you got an onward flight ticket .

You may slip through like butter but can not be assumed these days . Lowest hassle seems be boarders but not Cambo, poipet being the major one avoid .

8 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

quite a few reports of hassles at swampy and DM airports from those with lot of recent stay history and visa exempt entry .

It pot luck but visa exempt and poor history increases chances of being questioned .

Be prepared and be calm/polite .

have money and perhaps hotel booking, assume you got an onward flight ticket .

You may slip through like butter but can not be assumed these days . Lowest hassle seems be boarders but not Cambo, poipet being the major one avoid .

My son visits 3-4 times a year but never stays longer than three weeks and has never had a problem with immigration. Those that do are those who are attempting to take advantage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christophers200 said:

My son visits 3-4 times a year but never stays longer than three weeks and has never had a problem with immigration. Those that do are those who are attempting to take advantage. 

You forgot to add "yet".  And you forgot to specify which border crossing(s) you haven't had any problems with yet.

It's tempting to believe that the only people being hassled are the ones taking advantage.  Until it happens to you.  Because it's your turn, or you venture out to another, less friendly border crossing.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

You forgot to add "yet".  And you forgot to specify which border crossing(s) you haven't had any problems with yet.

It's tempting to believe that the only people being hassled are the ones taking advantage.  Until it happens to you.  Because it's your turn, or you venture out to another, less friendly border crossing.

If,IF he ever has a problem he has his Thai step-mothers phone number. Any "problem" would for sure be rapidly resolved because she is a senior civil servant who would outrank any junior IO stuck on a desk in an airport or land border. 

8 hours ago, kd2000 said:

Should I book a hotel? 

Any further suggestions? 

to be on a safe side, cash (you already have), hotel booking and ticket out.

1 hour ago, BuckBee said:

But you happy take advantage of senior ranking connections if have issues :-S You are obviously far better class than the common trash getting hassle and deserve VIP border access ...

While some do indeed deserve it many don't and the poor visa categories and way every border sings a different hymn makes it a mockery ...

Unfortunately most of the western trouble don't go through bangkok airports once here. they with visa run companies or flipping over easy land borders with just enough cash for a tuk tuk and beer .

We never have and I hope never will take advantage - This "different tune" nonsense is by and large urban myth sung by those who have been caught.  The visa runners again are old news and have largely now been stopped with the two VE/year rule. Those who cannot find the "right" visa need to look elsewhere. 

^

The 2 VE a year rule made some difference but still plenty visa run vans running over boarders and most using setv hence why joe average having extended vacations gets some extra hassle.

I been interviewed at swampy, was let straight in as soon as saw money and saw my work card for singapore,

They obsessed with westerners working yet make no effort pull the crime syndicates who running boiler rooms vast amount work in . Big Joke pulls couple guys doing fake stamps, hell anyone trying could pull couple thousand in a few months .

On 2/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, ChouDoufu said:

any buses from siem reap or poipet via o'smach border crossing to ubon or buriram or surin?

Did hitchhiking To Rayong (400+ km)  Super easy, faster than bus and a lot fun! 

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2019 at 6:40 AM, BigT73 said:

Chong Choms a real friendly border crossing, everyone in immi both sides are really helpful and polite!  Just dont forget to tip the first window on the cambo side!  Its also not busy so your through pretty fast.  It costs 300bht not to stay over night if your coming from the Thai side and just need a quick extension.  Its a night and day experience compared to Poipet.

That worked really well and indeed as described. 

A million thanks! 

• Like 1