Is Visa Combo Still Ok 4 A Retirement Visa

I am Australian and have 400,000 bt. in the bank for the required time. My question is my pension is transferred into my Bangkok Bank Passbook every 4 weeks which is 13 times a year. The BKK bank code is BTN and it shows clearly in my passbook. That adds up to just over 500,000 bt in specific  transfers to my Thai bank. These add up to well over 800,000 bt. Does anybody know it this "combo " method is this still acceptable . The embassy have stopped doing verification declarations.. If this is no good I will depart Thailand in August. Unfortunately I will be leaving a very nice Thai Lady who will be broke and will have to sell her car, pull here Daughter out of an International School in Bangkok which will probably destroy her chance of going to University .  It is quite plain to me that the Thias couldn't care less.. Surely it's immoral to kick someone out when they have done so much.  Many families will be destitute as a result. I  can not support her from Australia as I have to take my cash with me. Like any returnees I have to buy a decent car upon arrival, find somewhere to live which is easy but costly. Like many returnees I doubt if I ever will return.  I am getting to the stage where I don't care.. In Cha-am there have already been goodbye parties for people leaving so it is happening.. To get back to the question .. Does anybody know if the "combo" method will still work. Thankyou 

Edited by metisdead
All caps removed from topic title.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, kane666 said:

Nobody here will be able to tell you, the only ones who can tell you 100% for certain is the IO where you will do your extension.

According to Phuket Immigration, the combo method now is 

"is to have B400,000 in a Thai bank account and receiving monies throughout the year that altogether total at least B800,000."

• Confused 1

Yes you will still be able to use the combo method with that level of income/cash in the bank.

You'll need to show your passbook plus get a letter from the bank confirming your foreign transfers.

Reports on other threads that banks aren't providing a "letter from the bank confirming your foreign transfers"

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Reports on other threads that banks aren't providing a "letter from the bank confirming your foreign transfers"

That is not really a requirement in the rules. The letter is only to confirm your account is valid. Same letter as the one for the money in the bank option will be accepted.

You bank book or statements from the bank will prove it came from abroad.