BANGKOK 22 April 2019 07:48
Jonathan Fairfield

Plan to ban alcohol on Thai New Year

this will decimate the party that proposes it

what a vote loser

• Like 1

Watch this space......... they've gone just about as far as they can get away with on smoking - drinking is next. Same in the UK - you'll all be going to church on Sundays again soon .
Soon the "faties" then maybe the internal combustion engine drivers and possibly those who wear the wrong clothes or vote for the wrong party.

4 minutes ago, Sir Charles said:

Just one day, why not one week especially in Pattaya? 

Because Songkran is a second high season to Pattaya. A lot of farang tourists come specifically for the Songkran party atmosphere. No booze, no tourists. Would hit bars and hotels heavily. Even a one day ban will have an effect.

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Because Songkran is a second high season to Pattaya. A lot of farang tourists come specifically for the Songkran party atmosphere. No booze, no tourists. Would hit bars and hotels heavily. Even a one day ban will have an effect.

That is true....... but at least Pattaya has 6 more days of Songkran in which to recover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LucysDad said:

That is true....... but at least Pattaya has 6 more days of Songkran in which to recover.

The poster that I was replying to was suggesting no alcohol for a week in Pattaya.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The poster that I was replying to was suggesting no alcohol for a week in Pattaya.

Yes... THAT would be a distater - but I was replying to YOUR comment about 1 day having 'an effect'.

Watch this space......... they've gone just about as far as they can get away with on smoking - drinking is next. Same in the UK - you'll all be going to church on Sundays again soon .
What's happened in the UK besides smoking ban?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, roo860 said:

What's happened in the UK besides smoking ban?

Bars can get 24 hour drinking licences now. The reason I left. I was permanently pissed.

Yeah, I didnt understand what the poster meant about the UK, perhaps he's pissed.

Bars can get 24 hour drinking licences now. The reason I left. I was permanently pissed.

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Watch this space......... they've gone just about as far as they can get away with on smoking - drinking is next. Same in the UK - you'll all be going to church on Sundays again soon 😀.

😆😆

Well at least in some cases you'll get a wee sip of wine.

😆😆