Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 April 2019 04:10
Jonathan Fairfield

Plan to ban alcohol on Thai New Year

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Ahhh yes.  Condoms are next....to curb prostitution and casual sex.  You know, because banning condoms will help in the prevention of unwanted pregnancy and STD's..............🌈

Had a load of vodka tonight, can I think about that and get back to you.

😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will never work 7-11, etc, will not sell alcohol but all the shops at the back of villages and down the end of Soi's will carry on selling alcohol, the 2 shops down our Soi will sell alcohol, especially to the locals, strangers might struggle to buy some.

Never seen the police down our Soi, so no need to worry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Alcohol Control Committee

are these people paid from public coffers ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only idiots stay in country or not locked down in their domiciles when the annual scouser, pleb shitfest occurs.

 

Buy a bottle of scotch prior or better yet GTFO.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LucysDad said:

 

 

That is true....... but at least Pattaya has 6 more days of Songkran in which to recover.

Yes, the nation's toilet has the orgy of idiocy running better part of two weeks. This is one day. Zero impact.

 

They'll just add two more days on at the end. Why not, it already has absolutely nothing to do with Buddhist tradition.

 

I bet everyone drawn to that dump a second time during the holiday period has an IQ below 90. It's so absolutely stupid.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Anyone with a brain will buy a box o'beer, or 3, before the cut off date. Are they completely dumb? Not that it matters anyhow as some outlet won't abide by the rules.

Not some but most up here in the rice paddies including bars. Not that it matters, wouldn't it be better to BAN motor cycles on these so called 'dangerous' days with something like 70% of deaths are associated with these things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bdenner said:

Not some but most up here in the rice paddies including bars. Not that it matters, wouldn't it be better to BAN motor cycles on these so called 'dangerous' days with something like 70% of deaths are associated with these things?

I too live up in the 'rice paddies' and a motorcycle 'BAN' would be really hard to enforce. The police can't enforce the laws of the highways as it is without taxing them even more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ozmeldo said:

Yes, the nation's toilet has the orgy of idiocy running better part of two weeks. This is one day. Zero impact.

 

They'll just add two more days on at the end. Why not, it already has absolutely nothing to do with Buddhist tradition.

 

I bet everyone drawn to that dump a second time during the holiday period has an IQ below 90. It's so absolutely stupid.

 

 

Not a fan then......

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Watch this space......... they've gone just about as far as they can get away with on smoking - drinking is next. Same in the UK - you'll all be going to church on Sundays again soon 😀.

 

12 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I hope this comes into effect. 

A perfect way none of the youth will vote for the current guys in the election... 

 

Tourists will for sure love it, coming here to see songkran and not beeing able to get a drink. 

 

Must be a TAT approved plan. 

Whats wrong with goinig to Church?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just another well thought through policy from the complete and utter imbiciles that run this country. Songkran is four days this year. The 13th being the 1st day. So what about the other three days? In reality (a relm non-existent in the tiny, vacuous brains of these morons) every day here is just about as bad as the other throghout the year. If I didn't know better I'd clasify this article as a troll.😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kickstart said:

It will never work 7-11, etc, will not sell alcohol but all the shops at the back of villages and down the end of Soi's will carry on selling alcohol, the 2 shops down our Soi will sell alcohol, especially to the locals, strangers might struggle to buy some.

Never had a problem in my village - 24 hour service. banned days etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is devastating.

So no drunk ladyboys will surrounding me and smearing colorful paint kinda substances over my face?

All folks will be sober in Soi Bukaw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...