BANGKOK 22 March 2019 02:47
RickG16

Lazada fake items

How to spot these?

I noticed with some very cheap Nike football boots (they had the 'swoosh), but they weren't listed as Nike. Is this the way to spot them?

I ask because I've just seen this JanSport bag: 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/backpack-jansport-superbreak-high-forge-grey-i213188-s208720.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.33b5286f5xwaeX&search=1

Reasonably priced, but no manufacturer's warranty. JanSport have been known to offer a lifetime warranty on backpacks, so not sure what to make of it......

Looks like the same backpack that is on Amazon for $29 so probably legit.

Not likely they will offer a lifetime warranty in Thailand though...

I only purchase from official stores on Lazada, for this reason.

Any chance the item you want is on an official store?

4 hours ago, JayBird said:

I only purchase from official stores on Lazada, for this reason.

Any chance the item you want is on an official store?

How do I see if it is an official store?

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

How do I see if it is an official store?

You're advised the name of the seller before you confirm the order. Suppose you could google that and also look at the reviews (which are rarely negative).

Have ordered quite a few things from Lazada and only been let down once. A lower rate than buying from some malls and it wasn't a total disappointment.

I always check veracity of 'shipped from overseas'.

• Like 1

10 years ago i bought a High Sierra backpack in Supersports...lifetime warranty.

After 3 weeks there was a hole in the bottom from touching my back when walking...i went to the shop and nope that was not for warranty...i got annoyed by that so they told me to go far far away to their headquarter somewhere in BKK and complain there...

Another time i bought nike sneakers in supersports, a month later the whole sole came loose.

So i never went there again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, alacrity said:

I always check veracity of 'shipped from overseas'.

If it's shipped overseas, it does not mean that it's not good. Many overseas sellers are good. 

I got a fake Logitech mouse from a LOCAL seller. 

Pretty much the way although they are sometimes listed as nike.

I have bought air max copies for 1900bht and they are pretty good copies and quite comfy for the cost . Real version would be 3-4 times price. Also bought adidas NMD R1 trainers for 1900bht and high quality insoles to put in them . Again comfy and good copies considering the real version are around 17,000bht in bkk.

Clothes and aftershaves I only buy in reputable places or in duty free as im sure most on lazada are copies.

I have used Lazada for a number of years, there is NO way to spot the fakes as the photos used are often of the real thing. However, in all the years I have used Lazada and out of hundreds of orders, I actually have only ever had ONE fake! (Eneloop batteries from a store in Bangkok) I returned them to Lazada (they paid postage etc.) and flagged them as FAKES. I was refunded in 5 days, however the guy selling the fake batteries is still on Lazada selling. I gave him a nice review and pointed out to everyone that what he sells are fake (and they are not stupid cheap fakes, these are almost 600 Baht where the REAL batteries are about 800 - so he is a real rip off <deleted>) My reviews don't matter, he can just go in and take it down - of course I can and do keep going back in and putting it back up.

Like other posters have also said, if the price really is too good to be true then it generally is too good to be true, I have bought a number of items that usually ship from China at extremely cheap prices, I don't expect them to be genuine, I only expect them to work and in 99% of cases they do.

Lazada does usually offer a no questions asked refund within 7 days so you can always return it, which is often as easy as printing a label and handing the item over to your nearest 7/11.

• Thanks 1

The price will tell you. If it's a lot lot cheaper than you know it should be, then think why it's so cheap.

40 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The price will tell you. If it's a lot lot cheaper than you know it should be, then think why it's so cheap.

Yeah, but that's not always the case, like above post with the Eneloop batteries and also my 'Logitech' fake mouse. It was priced about 350 baht, while the normal price in the past was about 450-500, so this could easily be a genuine sale. Of course, when there is a very big difference you should be wary.

Edited by Cheops
spelling........what else :)

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Pretty much the way although they are sometimes listed as nike.

I have bought air max copies for 1900bht and they are pretty good copies and quite comfy for the cost . Real version would be 3-4 times price. Also bought adidas NMD R1 trainers for 1900bht and high quality insoles to put in them . Again comfy and good copies considering the real version are around 17,000bht in bkk.

Clothes and aftershaves I only buy in reputable places or in duty free as im sure most on lazada are copies.

I guess with a name like ronaldo0, you need trainers that are 17k baht 😀

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

If it's shipped overseas, it does not mean that it's not good. Many overseas sellers are good. 

I got a fake Logitech mouse from a LOCAL seller. 

I have bought two Logitech mice in Big C and they are still good working, I am almost sure they are genuine ( even 100% sure )