Lazada fake items

RickG16

How to spot these?

I noticed with some very cheap Nike football boots (they had the 'swoosh), but they weren't listed as Nike. Is this the way to spot them?

I ask because I've just seen this JanSport bag: 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/backpack-jansport-superbreak-high-forge-grey-i213188-s208720.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.33b5286f5xwaeX&search=1

Reasonably priced, but no manufacturer's warranty. JanSport have been known to offer a lifetime warranty on backpacks, so not sure what to make of it......

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

How do I see if it is an official store?

You're advised the name of the seller before you confirm the order. Suppose you could google that and also look at the reviews (which are rarely negative).

Have ordered quite a few things from Lazada and only been let down once. A lower rate than buying from some malls and it wasn't a total disappointment.

I always check veracity of 'shipped from overseas'.

• Like 1

10 years ago i bought a High Sierra backpack in Supersports...lifetime warranty.

After 3 weeks there was a hole in the bottom from touching my back when walking...i went to the shop and nope that was not for warranty...i got annoyed by that so they told me to go far far away to their headquarter somewhere in BKK and complain there...

Another time i bought nike sneakers in supersports, a month later the whole sole came loose.

So i never went there again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, alacrity said:

I always check veracity of 'shipped from overseas'.

If it's shipped overseas, it does not mean that it's not good. Many overseas sellers are good. 

I got a fake Logitech mouse from a LOCAL seller. 

Pretty much the way although they are sometimes listed as nike.

I have bought air max copies for 1900bht and they are pretty good copies and quite comfy for the cost . Real version would be 3-4 times price. Also bought adidas NMD R1 trainers for 1900bht and high quality insoles to put in them . Again comfy and good copies considering the real version are around 17,000bht in bkk.

Clothes and aftershaves I only buy in reputable places or in duty free as im sure most on lazada are copies.

I have used Lazada for a number of years, there is NO way to spot the fakes as the photos used are often of the real thing. However, in all the years I have used Lazada and out of hundreds of orders, I actually have only ever had ONE fake! (Eneloop batteries from a store in Bangkok) I returned them to Lazada (they paid postage etc.) and flagged them as FAKES. I was refunded in 5 days, however the guy selling the fake batteries is still on Lazada selling. I gave him a nice review and pointed out to everyone that what he sells are fake (and they are not stupid cheap fakes, these are almost 600 Baht where the REAL batteries are about 800 - so he is a real rip off <deleted>) My reviews don't matter, he can just go in and take it down - of course I can and do keep going back in and putting it back up.

Like other posters have also said, if the price really is too good to be true then it generally is too good to be true, I have bought a number of items that usually ship from China at extremely cheap prices, I don't expect them to be genuine, I only expect them to work and in 99% of cases they do.

Lazada does usually offer a no questions asked refund within 7 days so you can always return it, which is often as easy as printing a label and handing the item over to your nearest 7/11.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The price will tell you. If it's a lot lot cheaper than you know it should be, then think why it's so cheap.

Yeah, but that's not always the case, like above post with the Eneloop batteries and also my 'Logitech' fake mouse. It was priced about 350 baht, while the normal price in the past was about 450-500, so this could easily be a genuine sale. Of course, when there is a very big difference you should be wary.

Edited by Cheops
spelling........what else :)

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Pretty much the way although they are sometimes listed as nike.

I have bought air max copies for 1900bht and they are pretty good copies and quite comfy for the cost . Real version would be 3-4 times price. Also bought adidas NMD R1 trainers for 1900bht and high quality insoles to put in them . Again comfy and good copies considering the real version are around 17,000bht in bkk.

Clothes and aftershaves I only buy in reputable places or in duty free as im sure most on lazada are copies.

I guess with a name like ronaldo0, you need trainers that are 17k baht ????

2 hours ago, Cheops said:

If it's shipped overseas, it does not mean that it's not good. Many overseas sellers are good. 

I have bought two Logitech mice in Big C and they are still good working, I am almost sure they are genuine ( even 100% sure ) 

2 minutes ago, Aforek said:

I have bought two Logitech mice in Big C and they are still good working, I am almost sure they are genuine ( even 100% sure ) 

You should indeed expect that Big C sells genuine mice.

I bought this mouse from this seller on Lazada: Lazada Logitech mouse

Seems Lazada does not take any action to fake products and sellers who sell fake products.

There is also a Thai review now that says it's fake. But Lazada did not publish my review!

Furtermore, if you search this model on Lazada you can find several sellers who sell these fake mice.

Mostly those are not computer shops, but shops that sell all kinds of cheap items. Maybe that's something to consider ????

The pictures used by the seller are of course just ripped from the genuine product!

First picture you see a green LED. This does not work on the fake.

I have some other genuine Logitech mice, btw, and it's easy to see if you receive the mouse that it's a fake.

The fake is very plasticky and flimsy. It also is not accurate, scrolling wheel is not so good and you need to click a button after it goes into sleep mode.

A genuine Logitech (at least this model) will wake up with some mouse movement.

• Thanks 1

I have been buying stuff from lazada for the past 4 + years and all is fake stuff.... anything shipped from overseas means China and everybody knows how fake the items are. Also bought a lot of stuff from Alibaba as well complained to them hundreds of times about fake listing items on their site, they knew about it, had a lawyer sending them a couple letters to no avail but Jack Ma said he never sold a fake item, they were (unauthorized) selling my products that somebody had copied, Ma is a billionaire and one (if not the bigger) of the investors in Lazada, thus very hard to detect fake items there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I have been buying stuff from lazada for the past 4 + years and all is fake stuff.... anything shipped from overseas means China and everybody knows how fake the items are. Also bought a lot of stuff from Alibaba as well complained to them hundreds of times about fake listing items on their site, they knew about it, had a lawyer sending them a couple letters to no avail but Jack Ma said he never sold a fake item, they were (unauthorized) selling my products that somebody had copied, Ma is a billionaire and one (if not the bigger) of the investors in Lazada, thus very hard to detect fake items there.

I hate to think what you have been buying but my purchases were genuine and the manufacturers recognised the serial/model numbers when I registered my purchase for guarantee purposes.

3 hours ago, Christophers200 said:

I hate to think what you have been buying but my purchases were genuine and the manufacturers recognised the serial/model numbers when I registered my purchase for guarantee purposes.

there are exceptions to the rule.... glad for you

8 hours ago, Cheops said:

Converse is also true. Not all local sellers are bad either. Would never say my Thai is fluent, so I don't waste time vetting sellers information in Thai. Price can be a good indicator but the better grifters know this all too well.

Sometimes you're lucky when you gamble.

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

Another time i bought nike sneakers in supersports, a month later the whole sole came loose.

Were they real Nike? If so send them an email and explain what 

happened and they should replace free of charge. Bought Converse 

in US for my son in a week the sole came off.

Wrote them they sent a new pair and didn’t want the others back 

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Were they real Nike? If so send them an email and explain what 

happened and they should replace free of charge. Bought Converse 

in US for my son in a week the sole came off.

Wrote them they sent a new pair and didn’t want the others back 

Don't know how to see if they were real, it was years ago and i binned them.

I wouldn't think a shop like supersports sells fake  goods but hey this is thailand.

But even those nike outlets sell crappy quality, i have some shirts where the logo came loose from the shirt after 3-4 weeks....and they are from the real nike outlet.

I don't care anymore though, they can't speak english and are so dumb...bought a runningshirt for my wife in that nike outlet, above those shirts was a huge sign "30% off, entire wall"  so i paid and noticed i didn't get any discount....i asked the manager why not and she replied the discount was only for the men department which was half of that wall...i explained her that entire wall means ALL products against that wall but she didn't agree....oh well...i'm not going to argue with an idiot about 3-400 baht....

11 hours ago, Cheops said:

I recently bought a 'Logitech' M330 mouse on Lazada. It was a fake! A cheaply made Chinese knockoff, but from a local seller (not shipped from overseas).

I choose to return the item, which you can always do if there is a reason. Lazada refunded my money and in this case told that I can keep the item. 

So far ok, BUT I wrote a bad review for the seller and Lazada did not publish this. They wrote to me saying they will investigate about the counterfeit products. 

In actual they know fake products are sold, but they don't take any action to the sellers. Their commission seems more important!

Anyway, as long as you can return the item it's ok. I ordered several times on Lazada without problems. 

You can check reviews, but you should know that Lazada does also sometimes not publish bad reviews!

I  agree. If the item is  wrong and you get a refund  then is  ok?  N0T !

We are  not to know  who  bears the cost of refunds. 

I am convinced  that as a sales platform Lazada is  basically  legitimate.

But wen it comes  to disputes  they  employ a system of non  complicency and  attempt at  times  conciliation  negotiation via seller and  customer in protection of  commission already  derived.Have  noticed  that  undeniable  and legitimate  complaints  via Lazada actually do  result  in the removal  of  the questionable  supplier.

Which suggests it is  worth  the effort  to  object  to  bs

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

But wen it comes  to disputes  they  employ a system of non  complicency and  attempt at  times  conciliation  negotiation via seller and  customer in protection of  commission already  derived.Have  noticed  that  undeniable  and legitimate  complaints  via Lazada actually do  result  in the removal  of  the questionable  supplier.

Well it not like customers don't lie as well. Selling in the US via ebay and whatnot and using PayPay sellers get ripped off constantly. 

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Seller ships a fake, I get a refund after I complain and you think this is not ok?

I wrote to Lazada to point them to this fake stuff. They didn't take action. Whoever is taking the costs for this, I do not care, as long as it's not me. 

6 hours ago, Cheops said:

Seller ships a fake, I get a refund after I complain and you think this is not ok?

I wrote to Lazada to point them to this fake stuff. They didn't take action. Whoever is taking the costs for this, I do not care, as long as it's not me. 

I say it is not ok that sellers  ship fakes and I have to go through the rigmarole of returning and and claiming the refund. If this is common practice for  some sellers Lazada should drop them. Which I think they do if  complaints are strong and often enough.

• Like 1

Exactly. Lazada has no way of knowing who is selling fakes without feedback.

While I generally do not care about the cost as long as I don't eat it, there is the ongoing issue of:

1. Refunds raise the cost for everyone

2. Unscrupulous sellers get away with, and profit from selling fakes

3. People thinking they are buying genuine articles receive fakes, which are generally poor quality, hurting the reputation of the real product.

Easy way to spot fake is look at what the seller sells, if they sell a wide range of items, its most likely a fake. If they specialize only in a handful of brands, it most likely real.

Not only that, many fakes would intentionally leave the "Brand" as blank, and only write the brand in item description / title.

Search if they have facebook page and company info, those that are more legit many have a presence, not just a lazada seller.

• Thanks 1

be careful a lot of fakes on lazada but in certain categories.  pay attention to the seller and return policies.  remember you can return at 711's.  i still use lazada for many purchases but i have encountered fake memory cards and fake earphones in the past.