Lazada fake items

RickG16

3 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I say it is not ok that sellers  ship fakes and I have to go through the rigmarole of returning and and claiming the refund. If this is common practice for  some sellers Lazada should drop them. Which I think they do if  complaints are strong and often enough.

I fully agree with you. Sorry that I misread your previous post. All buyers should take action and feedback in case a fake or bad service or bad products etc.

21 hours ago, Mavideol said:

anything shipped from overseas means China and everybody knows how fake the items are.

You mean like iPhones, since they are made in China as well LOL.

Items from China are not bad, but they do copy a lot indeed. However, you see more and more innovative Chinese companies with good genuine Chinese products. 

Sorry to hear that they copy your product. 

To state that most items on Lazada are fake,  is simply not true. Most is legit with some fakes being offered. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 8:45 PM, DJ54 said:

Were they real Nike? If so send them an email and explain what 

happened and they should replace free of charge. Bought Converse 

in US for my son in a week the sole came off.

Wrote them they sent a new pair and didn’t want the others back 

Good for you taking action. 

I'm amazed that many reputable manufacturers respond this way. I've had similar experiences. 

The squeaky wheel often gets the grease. 

I've had mostly good experience with Lazada in terms of shipping, but their customer support is just a waste of time. Their chat system is very buggy. They often ask you to upload photos which works one time. For more photos, on my phone or laptop, the second upload always fails. 

This isn't an issue though since I've never been successful in a dispute. After a few interchanges they lose interest and close the case regardless of resolution. 

I bought a Anker Bluetooth speaker from the Anker Lazada store and it was the real article. However, I actually called Anker first and asked them if the Lazada store was genuine. I think this is a good move for articles that are costly. 

In two cases I bought simple items from Lazada, same item twice even, and both times the item appears on the printed label on the actual package but was not inside the package. I left flaming reviews and they were published on the stores item page. Maybe they took them down later though; I never checked. 

There is one product I will never, ever, buy in Asia from any source local or mail order. Chargers for phones and other USB devices and same chargers for 12v car cigarette charger jacks. In my opinion they are not only all fakes, but dangerous to the item being charged (lost an MP3 player that way) but can electrocute you through your earbuds (Google News on this), or simply burst into flame and burn your house down. 

As with others here, unless I verify the Lazada store with the OEM first I assume ALL the items from China are fake and have at least an even chance of being useless and non-functional. Does a bear sh*t in the woods? 

Just one of the prices we pay for living here. 

On 2/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, RocketDog said:

There is one product I will never, ever, buy in Asia from any source local or mail order. Chargers for phones and other USB devices

Total nonsense!

ALL chargers and USB devices are made in Asia (most of it in China). Please note that an iPhone or Samsung charger of course are all made in China or Korea. 

As an electronics engineer I can tell you that the cost to make a charger can indeed be very low. Apple is ripping off people with their asking prices for chargers. A charger contains nothing more than a small transformer (0.1$), a charger IC (0.05$) and a voltage regultor IC (0.05$) and a capacitor (0.02$).

The REAL problem is with people not using the correct rated chargers for their stuff! You NEED to check the max amperage and or rated power. 

Their are billions of cheap Chinese chargers in use. Do we read daily about blow ups and fires? If course not, because almost all of those chargers are ok.

If you had any problem with a charger it's most likely your own fault of not checking the spec.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:48 PM, RickG16 said:

How do I see if it is an official store?

There is a link on the home page to go the LazMall section of the site. These sellers are all offical brands or stores: (scroll down a bit for different categories)

https://pages.lazada.co.th/wow/i/th/LandingPage/lazmall-home/

If you browsing normal categories, or coming from search results, the is a LazMall icon under the images of the LazMall products:

image.png.484cec4ca7cba30a5d63c2495aa57e35.png

And on product pages there is another LazMall icon under the seller name.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, RocketDog said:

I've had mostly good experience with Lazada in terms of shipping, but their customer support is just a waste of time. Their chat system is very buggy. They often ask you to upload photos which works one time. For more photos, on my phone or laptop, the second upload always fails. 

This isn't an issue though since I've never been successful in a dispute. After a few interchanges they lose interest and close the case regardless of resolution. 

I bought a Anker Bluetooth speaker from the Anker Lazada store and it was the real article. However, I actually called Anker first and asked them if the Lazada store was genuine. I think this is a good move for articles that are costly. 

In two cases I bought simple items from Lazada, same item twice even, and both times the item appears on the printed label on the actual package but was not inside the package. I left flaming reviews and they were published on the stores item page. Maybe they took them down later though; I never checked. 

There is one product I will never, ever, buy in Asia from any source local or mail order. Chargers for phones and other USB devices and same chargers for 12v car cigarette charger jacks. In my opinion they are not only all fakes, but dangerous to the item being charged (lost an MP3 player that way) but can electrocute you through your earbuds (Google News on this), or simply burst into flame and burn your house down. 

As with others here, unless I verify the Lazada store with the OEM first I assume ALL the items from China are fake and have at least an even chance of being useless and non-functional. Does a bear sh*t in the woods? 

Just one of the prices we pay for living here. 

Why promoting Anker on so many posts, who is clearly a liar ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/eloop-50000-mah-power-bank-100-2-port-notebook-5-i331482358-s637242961.html

50000 mha for 175 thb ! 

555+

Why promoting Anker on so many posts, who is clearly a liar ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/eloop-50000-mah-power-bank-100-2-port-notebook-5-i331482358-s637242961.html

50000 mha for 175 thb ! 

555+

Wait. Are you implying that the power bank link you embedded is a reasonable product for the price? Good luck battery shopping.

I endorse Anker because I'm pleased with their products over several years. They have served me well.

Do with that as you see fit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Some years back I had a flash drive go bad. Contacted the mfgr and found out it was fake. I told them BUT I BOUGHT IT ON AMAZON. They just laughed, Kingston did replace it though. Good on them.

Some months back I read an article about how fakes from China are routinely sold on Amazon. Amazon doesn't care. The example was there was a guy with a cool, nivel product. He was driven out of business by the cheap knockoff. Many direct complaints a Amazon. Not a care. Can't see Lazada better. Only worse, this is Asia.

You guys are crazy to order stuff on Lazada, especially electronics. Never kniw what they're shipping. Fakes, refurb, opened used boxes.

Get a refund? Pretty foreign to Asia. Online can't work with so many fraudsters in the system.

Five years back we ordered a camp stove off Pantip. Arrived opened. It was returned, it didn't work right. The guy refused to take it back. Never again.

Then ...you guys receiving envelopes. This is Asia, just fraudsters and scamsters. No thanks, live in Bangkok and travel to States every few years.

Chinese copy everything, Trump is right to get on their ass about it. Baby milk to hard drives and medicine. People dying, oh well...

Edited by Number 6

40 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

ou guys are crazy to order stuff on Lazada, especially electronics. Never kniw what they're shipping. Fakes, refurb, opened used boxes.

Got my 60" LG TV from Lazada, my LG Smart remote from Lazada, My LG keyboard and mouse from Lazada.

Samsung soundbar, Tp-Link gigabyte splitter & 3GB WD elements HD as well, using them all now to post this reply,

None of them appear to be fakes.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 3:48 PM, BritManToo said:

Got my 60" LG TV from Lazada, my LG Smart remote from Lazada, My LG keyboard and mouse from Lazada.

Samsung soundbar, Tp-Link gigabyte splitter & 3GB WD elements HD as well, using them all now to post this reply,

None of them appear to be fakes.

But they could be grey market, seconds, returns, stolen. You don't know. China produces amazing fakes now and it's absolutely everything.

Appear to be. My Kingston flash drive didn't appear to be either and arrived with hologram and this was the US and Amazon.

Good luck with LG TV and products lol. Good while they last.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:59 PM, marcusarelus said:

Just bought Chinese Bluedio Headphones T6 and scratch off verification number checks out on their website not a copy the real thing.  Punchy bass.  ????

And if it didn't would the seller take it back or Lazada reimburse? No.

• Confused 1

I have tried to order twice now on Lazada, first time just receive a small paper box, no sofa and no outdoor table and chairs.

Second time ordered an air conditioner, turns out the vendor is fake, no stock, didn't answer any questions, just a fraudster fake advertising on Lazada ... beats me why because now he has 27 angry customer complaints.

Anyway, Lazada called me yesterday to inquire how their live now customer service was and if I was happy with their assistance.

I told him the full story, how Lazada is crap !!  BS company who has no quality control in place so screening sellers is non existent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I order quite regularly from Lazada but just had a first bad experience!  Ordered something which had a picture and video showing how it worked.  When the product arrived, it had completely different packaging and is not the same!  

Sent in a bad review highlighting it was fake and Lazada is taking no action. Finally the seller just simply removed the bad review!  I contacted the customer service and they simply said sellers can remove reviews!  What then is the point of reviews - gosh! 

Such a disappointing experience.  I'm not sure but i don't think Amazon sellers can simply delete reviews... 

So everyone is welcome to sell fakes and post genuine pictures videos etc.  No consumer protection at all???

Bought a cheap dash cam but battery as good as dead so will not hold the time and date. Ask to return it but lazada refused- reason not valid. It's a bit of a gamble, another time they agreed a return and accepted the reason. Too much Chinese crap on there and the search engine can be useless.

Edited by Orton Rd

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, Charis said:

I order quite regularly from Lazada but just had a first bad experience!  Ordered something which had a picture and video showing how it worked.  When the product arrived, it had completely different packaging and is not the same!  

Sent in a bad review highlighting it was fake and Lazada is taking no action. Finally the seller just simply removed the bad review!  I contacted the customer service and they simply said sellers can remove reviews!  What then is the point of reviews - gosh! 

Such a disappointing experience.  I'm not sure but i don't think Amazon sellers can simply delete reviews... 

So everyone is welcome to sell fakes and post genuine pictures videos etc.  No consumer protection at all???

So strange, sellers can delete negative posts! But the question is: why don't they usually do it? Ratings on Lazada are appaling. Hardly any seller with over 90% positive ratings. At ebay positive ratings of 96-100% are the norm. An ebay shop with under 90% would be dead.

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 10:47 AM, Cheops said:

I recently bought a 'Logitech' M330 mouse on Lazada. It was a fake! A cheaply made Chinese knockoff, but from a local seller (not shipped from overseas).

I choose to return the item, which you can always do if there is a reason. Lazada refunded my money and in this case told that I can keep the item. 

So far ok, BUT I wrote a bad review for the seller and Lazada did not publish this. They wrote to me saying they will investigate about the counterfeit products. 

In actual they know fake products are sold, but they don't take any action to the sellers. Their commission seems more important!

Anyway, as long as you can return the item it's ok. I ordered several times on Lazada without problems. 

You can check reviews, but you should know that Lazada does also sometimes not publish bad reviews!

Yes they will not publish bad reviews! We got ripped off for 3000 baht by the same method a - cheap chinese made knock, not shipped from overseas but the company is indeed located in China! We returned the goods and Lazada stalled on giving a refund always saying they'd get back to us. They never did. It was a horrible experience that I would not wish on my worst enemy. Buyer beware you have little recourse when working with this mob and in my experience Lazada customer service the worst on the planet. Stick to eBay or Amazon if you don't want to get ripped off by Lazada!   

Edited by mickey rat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mickey rat said:

It was a horrible experience that I would not wish on my worst enemy.

The loss of 3000Baht is to you as stated above, and you are staying (at that time of the apparent devastation) in Thailand!

You must be the life and soul of a party I would not wish to attend.

Edited by scottiejohn

8 hours ago, mickey rat said:

Buyer beware you have little recourse when working with this mob and in my experience Lazada customer service the worst on the planet.

I conduct many transactions with Lazada and of course like most Companies, especially online, one can have problems.

Anytime I have either had faulty goods (returned them) or non delivery my money has been returned after a short chat on line with one of the staff.

I think that all in all they do a very good job.

• Like 1