Lazada fake items

RickG16

On 2/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, Cheops said:

You should indeed expect that Big C sells genuine mice.

I bought this mouse from this seller on Lazada: Lazada Logitech mouse

Seems Lazada does not take any action to fake products and sellers who sell fake products.

There is also a Thai review now that says it's fake. But Lazada did not publish my review!

Furtermore, if you search this model on Lazada you can find several sellers who sell these fake mice.

Mostly those are not computer shops, but shops that sell all kinds of cheap items. Maybe that's something to consider ????

The pictures used by the seller are of course just ripped from the genuine product!

First picture you see a green LED. This does not work on the fake.

I have some other genuine Logitech mice, btw, and it's easy to see if you receive the mouse that it's a fake.

The fake is very plasticky and flimsy. It also is not accurate, scrolling wheel is not so good and you need to click a button after it goes into sleep mode.

A genuine Logitech (at least this model) will wake up with some mouse movement.

If you want Logitech stuff then check their official store: https://s.lazada.co.th/s.ZpZij

Same for everything else. If the price is too good to be true then... 

• Like 2

How to spot them? In my case (4 fake hatari fan blades) i could have seen it by zooming in on the pictures, there's no hatari moulded in the plastic.....for 20 baht more i could have bought the real ones from lazada is what i found out afterwards.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thian said:

How to spot them? In my case (4 fake hatari fan blades) i could have seen it by zooming in on the pictures, there's no hatari moulded in the plastic.....for 20 baht more i could have bought the real ones from lazada is what i found out afterwards.

Fakes happen, I havent had it happen to me because I don't go for the lowest price I check the shops reviews too.

Recently bought a logitech MX master 3 great mouse and original. I love lazada.

12 minutes ago, Thian said:

I found that using the "Local" filter will remove all the misleading adds from China. As a bonus the delivery is faster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

I found that using the "Local" filter will remove all the misleading adds from China. As a bonus the delivery is faster. 

Well those fan blades came from suphan buri iirc....

Also i don't understand why harari won't sell the white new fanblades 16"  in Homepro and the lot...They only sell the clear ones but we use those fans outdoors...last month one of them spontaneously scattered into pieces, one piece flew through the mosquito screen so that's very dangerous...But unfortunately they don't sell outdoor ceiling fans at all in thailand...i mean the oscillating models.

On 6/12/2019 at 6:30 AM, steven100 said:

I have tried to order twice now on Lazada, first time just receive a small paper box, no sofa and no outdoor table and chairs.

You are lucky ???? I only received an envelope instead of a box with the ordered product inside. Good that it was COD. So I did not accept it. I complained at Lazada and left a bad review that was gone pretty soon. A friend of mine recently ordered a web cam. Came broken and in an open box. I had one good experience when I ordered directly from the producer Midea an induction cooker. 

I did a lot with eBay. Met there fraudsters too. But then simply open a case and the problem is solved. Never lost one Satang there. Just be careful. Some sellers try to get over the time where you can ask for a refund. The say they will resend the product what often will never arrive. I don't play this game anymore and always ask for an immediate refund. I can order the product again instead of waiting and hoping that it will be resend. And then I also have the full eBay protection again. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Read my other posts in this thread. I ordered from a local seller and the price was not too good to be true either. Could easily be a genuine sales. The seller blatantly uses the photos of the original. Shipping was very fast too, ordered on Sunday and received Tuesday. Luckily I got a full refund and I got to keep the product, but they didn't post my bad review. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheops said:

Read my other posts in this thread. I ordered from a local seller and the price was not too good to be true either. Could easily be a genuine sales. The seller blatantly uses the photos of the original. Shipping was very fast too, ordered on Sunday and received Tuesday. Luckily I got a full refund and I got to keep the product, but they didn't post my bad review. 

I just checked and I have 405 purchases on Lazada. Two times my items arrived broken but I think it was the shipping company not handling the package carefully.

I spotted some misleading pictures and wording in many Chinese ads. The search functionality is pretty bad... There is room for improvement. If I buy something that could be a copied then I buy only from the company official store when possible. 

I live far from any major city so I'm stuck with them for now. Occasionally I use Amazon and Ebay but their shipping are usually a lot more expensive and slow. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 10:47 AM, Cheops said:

I recently bought a 'Logitech' M330 mouse on Lazada. It was a fake! A cheaply made Chinese knockoff, but from a local seller (not shipped from overseas).

I'm curious to know how you knew that it was a Chinese knockoff, when one considers that half of Logitech products are made in China anyway.

By my right hand, right now is a Logitech M185 wireless mouse that I purchased from Lazada 18 months ago. (yes I have checked) It came from a local supplier with a 3 year warranty and it's been the best mouse I've had for a long time.

I did however purchase, what were advertised as 'genuine Oral B electric toothbrush heads' which were fake. Although I kept and used them, they were not as good as the genuine item. I'm very careful about those now and would return them if it happened again. The next order I placed was from a different supplier and they were genuine.

Edited by Moonlover

On 10/31/2019 at 8:43 AM, Moonlover said:

I'm curious to know how you knew that it was a Chinese knockoff, when one considers that half of Logitech products are made in China anyway.

By my right hand, right now is a Logitech M185 wireless mouse that I purchased from Lazada 18 months ago. (yes I have checked) It came from a local supplier with a 3 year warranty and it's been the best mouse I've had for a long time.

I did however purchase, what were advertised as 'genuine Oral B electric toothbrush heads' which were fake. Although I kept and used them, they were not as good as the genuine item. I'm very careful about those now and would return them if it happened again. The next order I placed was from a different supplier and they were genuine.

You can see the build quality is very poor of the counterfeit mouse.

The serial number (in case a counterfeit) cannot be found when you try to register on the Logitech site.

The genuine Logitech mouse will (almost always) have the model number and other characters (such as on/off near the switch) embossed on the bottom side.

The LED of the fake does not work.

After the mouse goes into sleep mode, the real Logitech version 'comes to life' after just moving the mouse, but the fake mouse only 'comes to life' after you click the left or right button (which is f...ing annoying!).

Last, but not least, the battery does not last 12 or 18 months, but if you are lucky maybe 2 months.

Oh, 1 more thing: on a genuine Logitech mouse, the optical sensor will be perfectly in the center, while on a fake it's off center.

I added 3 pics: the only genuine Logitech is the left one on the photo with the 2 mice

BTW, the seller/shop of which I bought the counterfeit mouse is gone from Lazada. There are a bunch of other sellers, still selling this fake model, but they are now selling for a 'too good to be true price'. They still advertise it as being a real Logitech and use mostly the photo's of the genuine one.

About "when one considers that half of Logitech products are made in China anyway":

many hightech and well known brandnames also manufacture in China, which does not mean that other companies or people are allowed to just copy them and sell counterfeits.

6f7a93e5e47cd0aeb032d025d64b874e_cr.jpg

69f7a68bd5ca4fb482d2cba527150e30_cr.jpg

617032479fb1c903023f468eb12b8475.jpg

Edited by Cheops
cropped photos

On 10/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, scottiejohn said:

I conduct many transactions with Lazada and of course like most Companies, especially online, one can have problems.

Anytime I have either had faulty goods (returned them) or non delivery my money has been returned after a short chat on line with one of the staff.

I think that all in all they do a very good job.

I have many dealings with Lazada never had any problems concerning refunds in fact when 1 Chinese supplier seemed to be slow in shipping my goods Lazada automatically refunded my credit card payment without me having to request it.

As i say never had a problem.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cheops said:

You can see the build quality is very poor of the counterfeit mouse.

The serial number (in case a counterfeit) cannot be found when you try to register on the Logitech site.

The genuine Logitech mouse will (almost always) have the model number and other characters (such as on/off near the switch) embossed on the bottom side.

The LED of the fake does not work.

After the mouse goes into sleep mode, the real Logitech version 'comes to life' after just moving the mouse, but the fake mouse only 'comes to life' after you click the left or right button (which is f...ing annoying!).

Last, but not least, the battery does not last 12 or 18 months, but if you are lucky maybe 2 months.

Oh, 1 more thing: on a genuine Logitech mouse, the optical sensor will be perfectly in the center, while on a fake it's off center.

I added 3 pics: the only genuine Logitech is the left one on the photo with the 2 mice

BTW, the seller/shop of which I bought the counterfeit mouse is gone from Lazada. There are a bunch of other sellers, still selling this fake model, but they are now selling for a 'too good to be true price'. They still advertise it as being a real Logitech and use mostly the photo's of the genuine one.

About "when one considers that half of Logitech products are made in China anyway":

many hightech and well known brandnames also manufacture in China, which does not mean that other companies or people are allowed to just copy them and sell counterfeits.

6f7a93e5e47cd0aeb032d025d64b874e_cr.jpg

69f7a68bd5ca4fb482d2cba527150e30_cr.jpg

617032479fb1c903023f468eb12b8475.jpg

Wow. Thanks for taking the time to answer my query. Although I do not have the same model, the difference is obvious in that mine has an ID plate complete with serial No. And, of course as already mentioned I'm completely satisfied with the performance.

I'll sure be cautious when it comes to buying a new one.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, Thian said:

Well those fan blades came from suphan buri iirc....

Also i don't understand why harari won't sell the white new fanblades 16"  in Homepro and the lot...They only sell the clear ones but we use those fans outdoors...last month one of them spontaneously scattered into pieces, one piece flew through the mosquito screen so that's very dangerous...But unfortunately they don't sell outdoor ceiling fans at all in thailand...i mean the oscillating models.

You can just see the correct prices for Hatari fanblades (and I think also order from hatari itself, although not so easy online):

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/parts/fan-blade-blade-cap

The white model:

https://www.hatari.co.th/en/parts/fan-blade-blade-cap/2401067

If you are not too far away from an Amorn shop, you can buy them there for similar prices as on the Hatari website.

Lotus sells them also, but maybe slightly more expensive.

If you search in Thai language you find a lot of online shops that sells them. Even the white versions:

https://www.dohome.co.th/hatari-orbit-blower-16-inch-10221161.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is not simple at all. Some of the CHinese based products are sold on lazada and they are insanely cheap and they are real. If it was nike or similar of course it is probably fake then. 

You can get some items for half price on lazada compared to the US. Everyone assumes they are fakes but not all are. if you want a sure thing go with lazmall stuff or buy from cheap sellers where all the thais buy from and leave good reciews. 

Edited by illiterate
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Wow. Thanks for taking the time to answer my query. Although I do not have the same model, the difference is obvious in that mine has an ID plate complete with serial No. And, of course as already mentioned I'm completely satisfied with the performance.

I'll sure be cautious when it comes to buying a new one.

Have a nice day.

No problem. IMO the forum is there to help others (and to rant sometimes 555).

Another tip about Logitech (or most mouses for that matter):

If 1 or both buttons (micro-switches actually) go bad, you can quite easy replace the switches by yourself (if you know how to use a soldering iron).

I recently did this for an older Logitech mouse:

You can order these Omron D2FC-F-7N (10 M) micro-switches anywhere online for about 10-15 Thai baht each (10 M stands for minimum 10 million clicks garuanteed):

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32835842152.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.3d004c4dqx1GPa 

If you take a look on this video it's quite easy (I can't understand Chinese, but the video is clear enough to understand :)):

No need to use a heatgun/blower for the sticker. You can just pry it out with a small knife or screwdriver.

The screw is under the sticker.

Have a nice day too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, illiterate said:

This is not simple at all. Some of the CHinese based products are sold on lazada and they are insanely cheap and they are real. If it was nike or similar of course it is probably fake then. 

The post above yours shows the real hatari fanblades for 99 baht, i paid 179 for fake ones which are not balanced.

But if you want cheap nike's you go to the owls market, they have huge piles of them, 500 baht....also new balance.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:06 AM, Tayaout said:

I just checked and I have 405 purchases on Lazada. Two times my items arrived broken but I think it was the shipping company not handling the package carefully.

I spotted some misleading pictures and wording in many Chinese ads. The search functionality is pretty bad... There is room for improvement. If I buy something that could be a copied then I buy only from the company official store when possible. 

I live far from any major city so I'm stuck with them for now. Occasionally I use Amazon and Ebay but their shipping are usually a lot more expensive and slow. 

6 hours ago, Cheops said:

................BTW, the seller/shop of which I bought the counterfeit mouse is gone from Lazada. There are a bunch of other sellers, still selling this fake model, but they are now selling for a 'too good to be true price'. They still advertise it as being a real Logitech and use mostly the photo's of the genuine one..............

For major ticket purchases or if you want to be sure you are getting the correct product, look for LazMall or Official Shops.  Many of your major brands have official shops (Samsung, Sandisk, Kingston, Acer, Asus, et al).  Or places that are selling direct from manufacturer, or have a physical shop you can recognize (Amorn, JiB, MemoryToday)

Bought Logitech M585 dual input mouse over a year ago, and I just recently replaced the battery.   It is a little bit cheaper now; and it seems like they are out of stock again.  Sold by Lazada (Logitech official store)

Stuff where the brand name doesn't matter too much (like a generic pepper grinder), you take a risk.  Try to buy from local seller.  Use the live chat and/or "Ask a Question" feature.  (Most LazMall items you must contact Lazada directly to ask a question, which is annoying). 

If they are overseas, try to see if you can find LazMall vendor first, or like TaoBao collection.  Or in my case with the 12 inch (bottom diameter) cast iron pot, I got a set with wood cover, spoon, and rubber handle cover for 890 with shipping.  Then a week later after I received it, the price jumped to 1300 or 1400 baht.  Everything came as promised in about 8-9 days.

Also, Amazon.com is not such a bad deal in some cases, and the shipping is fast.

Returns:  Make sure you use the Lazada return process.  Each order has a "return item" button after it is marked as "delivered".   If it is not visible, get on their live chat immediately and inform them that you have received the item and that you want to return the item. 

It must be initiated within 7 days (Lazmall products are 14-15 days) starting from the date you receive the item. So check the item immediately upon receipt and save all the original packaging/contents in case you need to repack/return later.

I had one situation where the seller sent a 3L kettle and marked the box as 4L (you could still see the 3L below the sticker on the box).  I measured it just to be sure, on video, and when I returned the item I included the photos and video.   

Focus on the return/refund first, then leave a review if you really want to.  There is no point in antagonizing the situation, especially if reviews can be left anytime.

A different seller ended up being much better design and quality, and the 4L kettle turned out to be about 4.5L (so you could actually boil about 3.7-3.9L of liquid).

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Thanks 1