Can I extend a non-o visa without a work permit?

I have a non-o Visa from Hong Kong so I could get a work permit and business visa. The company is taking too long and the visa is almost expired. Can I extend this visa at the immigration office like you can with tourist visas for 1,900 baht?

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can’t extend for tourism. But if you are the spouse of parent of a Thai you could extend for 60 days for 1,900 baht.

Oh really? I’m the husband of a Thai and new parent of a Thai baby. Thank you! I’ll search for the requirements.

10 minutes ago, jakow said:

Oh really? I’m the husband of a Thai and new parent of a Thai baby. Thank you! I’ll search for the requirements.

The requirements may vary between offices, but in general you’ll need;

• Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe they will want form TM30. This is the form used by the Owner/House-master to report that you are staying with them.

Your wife will need to go with you when you apply.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, elviajero said:

The requirements may vary between offices, but in general you’ll need;

• Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe they will want form TM30. This is the form used by the Owner/House-master to report that you are staying with them.

Your wife will need to go with you when you apply.

Thanks! Another person at this company who is in the same situation isn’t married, but has a child from a Thai mother. Do you know what is required for him to get the extension? I’m trying to finding it online but can’t get a concise list. Thank you

Edited by jakow

1 hour ago, jakow said:

Thanks! Another person at this company who is in the same situation isn’t married, but has a child from a Thai mother. Do you know what is required for him to get the extension? I’m trying to finding it online but can’t get a concise list. Thank you

They can get the same 60 extension as the parent of a Thai.

They would need the original & copy of the birth certificate, and a copy of the child’s house registration book (Tabian Baan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

They can get the same 60 extension as the parent of a Thai.

They would need the original & copy of the birth certificate, and a copy of the child’s house registration book (Tabian Baan.

Thanks!! That's really good news.