Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 March 2019 09:46
jakow

Can I extend a non-o visa without a work permit?

Recommended Posts

I have a non-o Visa from Hong Kong so I could get a work permit and business visa. The company is taking too long and the visa is almost expired. Can I extend this visa at the immigration office like you can with tourist visas for 1,900 baht?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t extend for tourism. But if you are the spouse of parent of a Thai you could extend for 60 days for 1,900 baht.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can’t extend for tourism. But if you are the spouse of parent of a Thai you could extend for 60 days for 1,900 baht.

Oh really? I’m the husband of a Thai and new parent of a Thai baby. Thank you! I’ll search for the requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jakow said:

Oh really? I’m the husband of a Thai and new parent of a Thai baby. Thank you! I’ll search for the requirements.

The requirements may vary between offices, but in general you’ll need;

 

  • Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe they will want form TM30. This is the form used by the Owner/House-master to report that you are staying with them.

Your wife will need to go with you when you apply.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per above, and to add you only need the work permit, no need for business visa. 

When you get your work permit you can extend your stay for one year based on family, this is better than extension based on employment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 9:59 PM, elviajero said:

The requirements may vary between offices, but in general you’ll need;

 

  • Original marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe they will want form TM30. This is the form used by the Owner/House-master to report that you are staying with them.

Your wife will need to go with you when you apply.

 

Thanks! Another person at this company who is in the same situation isn’t married, but has a child from a Thai mother. Do you know what is required for him to get the extension? I’m trying to finding it online but can’t get a concise list. Thank you

Edited by jakow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jakow said:

 

Thanks! Another person at this company who is in the same situation isn’t married, but has a child from a Thai mother. Do you know what is required for him to get the extension? I’m trying to finding it online but can’t get a concise list. Thank you

They can get the same 60 extension as the parent of a Thai.

 

They would need the original & copy of the birth certificate, and a copy of the child’s house registration book (Tabian Baan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elviajero said:

They can get the same 60 extension as the parent of a Thai.

 

They would need the original & copy of the birth certificate, and a copy of the child’s house registration book (Tabian Baan.

Thanks!! That's really good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...