VFS taken £2000 and cannot contact them

2 minutes ago, silentnine said:

you got a receipt from the VFS system ? i have the bank transactions on the statement .. but alas on VFS it still shows unpaid

No.... VfS system shows declined transaction.

I have evidence of the transaction authorisation code - and by Tuesday the transaction will be showing on my online card statement.

That is sufficient evidence of payment for when my missus submits her application next Friday.

4 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

No.... VfS system shows declined transaction.

I have evidence of the transaction authorisation code - and by Tuesday the transaction will be showing on my online card statement.

That is sufficient evidence of payment for when my missus submits her application next Friday.

you think ??? 
i suspect they will just say its not gone thru .. therefore not paid .. 
i have the authorization codes for all 3    .. but i really think in the thai way they will just say .. mr . you not pay ... there computer say no . 

or even worse they will say they will look into it.. 

i really want to know if priority visa service can be purchased when you get there .   I've read on other countries VFS staff try and sell it whne your there .. but no idea if they do for UK ... if my mrs can buy it there i'll tell her to then i can relax mentally and just try and get the refunds for the 3 * 44,000 baht already paid

1 minute ago, silentnine said:

you think ??? 
i suspect they will just say its not gone thru .. therefore not paid .. 
i have the authorization codes for all 3    .. but i really think in the thai way they will just say .. mr . you not pay ... there computer say no . 

We will find out on Friday.

I am confident - and my missus will not hand over her passport (the service for which I have paid)

Note..... VfS are not Thai...... they do not have a "Thai way".

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

As you received an online service relating to Thailand, you can complain here:

https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/who

UKVI define a complaint as: An expression of dissatisfaction about services provided by or on behalf of UKVI that requires a response."

that does not work either!

you get to the endscreenshot-www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice_gov.uk-2019_02.16-08-17-20.png.1bb6d8f061d5514773f9b32a957fd577.png and get and error on submit

14 minutes ago, blackcab said:

No problems here:

Capture.JPG.96b7f74698a82735dd2600cffb6c8eb4.JPG

ok..
there seems to be a character limit .. 'test' works ..
but it does not tell you if you hit the limit .
trying to shorten it now
groan .. had to shorten the complain so much that is ceased to make sense.
'VFS thailand payment system for payments for priority visa applications is broken . it has taken over £3000 out of my bank and says failed transaction'

was all it would allow

Oh My God . I wish I had found this earlier.

Today for a belated valentines gift I tried to upgrade my wife's settlement visa application by purchasing the 30 day express option, the premium lounge and some other perk. cost was around 29,000 baht in total . 
I as the other 2 stated had my card refused on the VFS payment gateway, But I then went and tried it with my other cards, Kasikorn electronic card, a UK visa debit, and a UK credit card. All refused so I searched and found this thread.
I have phoned all 3 of the banks and the same result . Funds taken from all accounts. 

Kasikorn have told me to call back during office hours and speak to what I guess is there fraud team and Barclays have given me authorisation codes but clearly stated that as this may be a fault on the receivers end that I must get them to refund it themselves.

Devastated as all in this has tied up nearly 90k baht and we need this to live until my next pension payment arrives !

Your bank knows where it sent the payment, money is not just sent into cyberspace - the recepient has an account number. Your bank can tell you where the money was sent to so if this is a genuine transaction and not fraud, you will be able to obtain that evidence and show it to VFS.

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Your bank knows where it sent the payment, money is not just sent into cyberspace - the recepient has an account number. Your bank can tell you where the money was sent to so if this is a genuine transaction and not fraud, you will be able to obtain that evidence and show it to VFS.

if i was in Thailand ... it would not be so hard. 
sorting this out from the UK though i think is not going to be easy.
and have you been to VFS office in BKK ? 1st hurdle the reception on ground floor.. the girl there directs you to the appropriate floor for your country ,  then the reception on the UK floor only deals with paperwork and puts you to the next waiting room.
theres no visible accounts/billing/financial area that can be accessed by the public to even start make inquires about payments made on there website.

and thats even if the these types of thing are even dealt with in that building and not in another office in India or somewhere.

ever tried to get a refund at homepro ! .. thats a mission in itself even when you have a receipt.. lol 
now think of trying that at VFS with nothing other than a bank statement in your hand

On 2/18/2019 at 6:01 AM, silentnine said:

if i was in Thailand ... it would not be so hard. 
sorting this out from the UK though i think is not going to be easy.
and have you been to VFS office in BKK ? 1st hurdle the reception on ground floor.. the girl there directs you to the appropriate floor for your country ,  then the reception on the UK floor only deals with paperwork and puts you to the next waiting room.
theres no visible accounts/billing/financial area that can be accessed by the public to even start make inquires about payments made on there website.

and thats even if the these types of thing are even dealt with in that building and not in another office in India or somewhere.

ever tried to get a refund at homepro ! .. thats a mission in itself even when you have a receipt.. lol 
now think of trying that at VFS with nothing other than a bank statement in your hand

I feel your pain, a couple of years ago I had a problem with VFS and a payment. I had made the payment and it had gone from my account but they rang my wife and said it hadn't been paid, the first time my wife just said she would check. A couple of days later they rang back again saying it still hadn't been paid, I took the phone and told them the money had left my account at a certain time on a certain date but it was like talking to a brick wall. It was a Friday afternoon going into a holiday so there was little could be done to the Tuesday. Sure enough Tue morning another call and I had had enough I just said if she didn't sort it I would be phoning the British Embassy. First time she drew breath, put the phone down and within an hour they had found the payment.

Following that call I got an email from this address [email protected] , I know its the Canadian office next door to the UK but may be worth a try, logically the UK could be [email protected] . Also the general email but may be a no reply  [email protected]

This is the telephone number from the email, again may be worth a try.

Please note our new helpline number is +66 2 1187007

Failing that it may be worth sending an email to the British Embassy in Bangkok but it would be best to avoid the word visa and refer to it as a customer service issue, more chance of it getting read. Try the following emails

[email protected] (consular assistant)
[email protected]

[email protected]

Don't panic. If they are UK cards, you will get your money back...eventually.

You are protected under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Under section 75, in certain circumstances, the provider of credit is equally liable with the provider of goods or services in cases where there has been misrepresentation or a breach of contract.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/86/86-consumer-credit.htm

So if no service is provided, you will get your money back. 

The debit card is a bit different; https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/ though again, you will get your money back if no service is provided.

20 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Don't panic. If they are UK cards, you will get your money back...eventually.

You are protected under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/86/86-consumer-credit.htm

So if no service is provided, you will get your money back. 

The debit card is a bit different; https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/ though again, you will get your money back if no service is provided.

21 hours ago, sandyf said:

I feel your pain, a couple of years ago I had a problem with VFS and a payment. I had made the payment and it had gone from my account but they rang my wife and said it hadn't been paid, the first time my wife just said she would check. A couple of days later they rang back again saying it still hadn't been paid, I took the phone and told them the money had left my account at a certain time on a certain date but it was like talking to a brick wall. It was a Friday afternoon going into a holiday so there was little could be done to the Tuesday. Sure enough Tue morning another call and I had had enough I just said if she didn't sort it I would be phoning the British Embassy. First time she drew breath, put the phone down and within an hour they had found the payment.

Following that call I got an email from this address [email protected] , I know its the Canadian office next door to the UK but may be worth a try, logically the UK could be [email protected] . Also the general email but may be a no reply  [email protected]

This is the telephone number from the email, again may be worth a try.

Please note our new helpline number is +66 2 1187007

Failing that it may be worth sending an email to the British Embassy in Bangkok but it would be best to avoid the word visa and refer to it as a customer service issue, more chance of it getting read. Try the following emails

[email protected] (consular assistant)
[email protected]

[email protected]

Many thanks for that information
2 of the transactions have gone from pending to fully paid , 1 on credit card, the other the debit card
i've had an an email exchange with VFS helpline and they asked for the bank statements and said thye would forward the info to there payments provider.
and the UKVI helpline referred me back to there premium rate email and phone service who already said its not them its vfs i have to speak to.

my bank (metro bank) , the one i used with the debit card are still being difficult insisting only VFS being the receiver can do a refund, but armed with the new info posted above i will try again today.

1 hour ago, silentnine said:

2 of the transactions have gone from pending to fully paid , 1 on credit card, the other the debit card
i've had an an email exchange with VFS helpline and they asked for the bank statements and said thye would forward the info to there payments provider.
and the UKVI helpline referred me back to there premium rate email and phone service who already said its not them its vfs i have to speak to.

my bank (metro bank) , the one i used with the debit card are still being difficult insisting only VFS being the receiver can do a refund, but armed with the new info posted above i will try again today.

I'm guessing that Metro Bank are doing it that way, so that you don't obtain the service and your money back. But one way or another it should work itself out.

Was it a transaction in Pounds? Otherwise, why would you use a Metro Bank debit card? They charge for transactions outside the EEA/SEPA.

Use the time to get more suitable plastic for your purchases and trips outside Europe and never pay for anything with a debit card.

Here are a few to get you started; Halifax Clarity is a must. Barclaycard Platinum Travel/Cashback Plus are two good cards for back up.

https://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/clarity-card/

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/platinum-travel-credit-card

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/credit-cards/platinum-cashback-plus

All no charge/no forex fee credit cards.

https://www.starlingbank.com/travel/ is you need an International debit card with no charges.

2 hours ago, silentnine said:

Sounds like progress, particularly if you have established communication with VFS, the biggest initial obstacle.

I think their is a certain amount of manual cross referencing goes on which under certain circumstances may confuse them but they should have some procedure for unallocated payments. I think it is almost certain they have received the funds, just not tied the payment to an application.

Good luck.

• 5 months later...

Archived