Work Permit - Incorrect Name

Hi there, the name on my work permit was encoded incorrectly.

My middle name was encoded as my first name on my work permit. How do I request to correct this and what are the requirements needed? I hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much.

2 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Why don't Thai people understand middle names?

Because they don't have middle names, never have, in fact until the King Chulalangkorn era Thais only had one name, then the king, after a visit to Europe, instructed that Thais have a family name but specific to one family only and since then kings have given down lists of family names.

Middle name never in the picture. 

• Like 1

get an agent to sort it out. if you are in pattaya I can recommend a great girl who ran everything for me for 8 years. best to get it sorted. I had the wrong address in my work permit and it cost me 80k in 'fees' I even went through the courts and paid the official 8500thb official fine. I gave up doing it myself after that.

1 hour ago, guest879 said:

get an agent to sort it out. if you are in pattaya I can recommend a great girl who ran everything for me for 8 years. best to get it sorted. I had the wrong address in my work permit and it cost me 80k in 'fees' I even went through the courts and paid the official 8500thb official fine. I gave up doing it myself after that.

I don't think the OP's situation is the same. It sounds like you were caught working at a place not listed on your WP, and then got ripped off by an agent!

My surname was incorrect in thai in my work permit (didn't match my surname on other Thai documents I have, someone must have translated it differently at some point). This was causing alot of hassle (e.g. at local ampher) as the assistant would say your surname doesn't match in your documents.  To resolve this the immigration department changed it in my work permit to match my other docs. They doesnt issue a new work permit, instead put an official stamped note on one of the back pages saying name change and new surname.  This seemed to work fine when using this to register birth certificate for my child.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:39 PM, guest879 said:

thanks but no, u got ripped by a large sum. I had fix mine by showing up in the labor office, they stamped a note at the back noting the changes made. Thanks all for your help! 

Edited by Kim93
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 4:16 AM, scorecard said:

Because they don't have middle names, never have, in fact until the King Chulalangkorn era Thais only had one name, then the king, after a visit to Europe, instructed that Thais have a family name but specific to one family only and since then kings have given down lists of family names.

Middle name never in the picture. 

Pretty sure it was also a rule to make it as long as possible.