Trump declares U.S.-Mexico emergency for border wall

rooster59

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Nobody is celebrating. You think way too much about this does Trump regularly appear in your dreams? The Trump obsession online is crazy. Meanwhile back in flyover America everything is doing pretty good.

Is that ‘Flyover America’ as in ‘Flyover the Constitution’?

Or as in ‘at least the trains run on time’?

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Nobody is celebrating. You think way too much about this does Trump regularly appear in your dreams? The Trump obsession online is crazy. Meanwhile back in flyover America everything is doing pretty good.

From the way people go on about Trump, you'd think he was the President of the United States.

Imagine they build this wall. And imagine it's perfect.

No immigrants will get anymore into the USA where the wall is.

No drugs will be smuggled anymore where the wall is.

And will even a perfect wall solve the problems with illegal immigrants and illegal drugs? No!

Because most of these illegal immigrants and most of illegal drugs don't get into the USA that way.

The statistics were published often enough in enough places. I won't repeat them here.

But then again, I am not sure if fox-"news" mentioned these facts...

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And will even a perfect wall solve the problems with illegal immigrants and illegal drugs? No! Because most of these illegal immigrants and most of illegal drugs don't get into the USA that way.

The wall isn't intended to do any of those things.  Its purpose is to get Trump reelected.

43 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

The article says Trump made no mention of the spending bill in his speech, but I watched it...and he did. The article also says signing the spending bill was a defeat for Trump. Trump feels it was a win, since the democrats had stated they would not give $1 early on. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I personaly dislike bias news stories. I’m of the side of neutral reporting of news from the news media, and letting people decide for themselves what they think, rather than trying to sway their opinions. 

No clue what you watched, maybe you need glasses or a hearing aid? Don't read articles from the FAKE NEWS.

Two brief mentions of the spending bill, after all this speechifying was about the National Emergency Decree.

Most, save for those few still suffering from a lengthy huffing session, see this as a MASSIVE DEFEAT for the president. Even his staunchest supporters are calling him an "idiot".

here are my notes:

rambles about China trade negotiations
UK trade ramblings
Syria, "many other things"
DPRK summit ramblings
(at this point, if he were my dad I'd be taking the car keys away, and finding a good extended living facility for him)
Border - national security issue, not my only campaign issue
other rambles - stock market, we have all the records
drugs, drugs, drugs - it's all a lie
El Paso tremendous crowd, murders, murders
Walls work: Israel
Big drugs, again.
Human Trafficking (Sicario movie references again)
They turn left, right, more loopy comments
Caravans, 2 "broken up" already (without a wall evidently), "monstrous" caravans
I'm signing a National Emergency, other presidents signed these, happened before, nobody cared
Angel Moms new one, child died in the year of eighteen 
Bitching about the press
Drugs, again
China trade again
ping-ponging between the same issues, seems lost
Signing national emergency, again
still no mention of the spending bill, maybe because this event is about the national emergency
Drugs criminals gangs, again
We wouldn't need all these border patrol people if we had a wall
Small mention of spending bill re: ICE
MAGA
Another passing mention of the bill, too much money
Everyone elese's fault for not stepping up
8 billion, 2 billion, whatever it is
Wall, wall, wall
Whines about the courts
Rambles on about the Muslim ban - I won
MS-13 monsters gone
Thank you

END of rambling comments
Q&A

Now in the Q&A there may have been talk of the spending bill, but that's not what the article said when it mentioned "the speech". This may be too fine a point for you to grasp?

18 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It is quite obvious it isn't about the wall anymore.

Then declare a national emergency, round up all ~ 11.8 million undocumented aliens and put them in concentration camps? It worked in 1942.

The dems do not want any immigration reform.

The opinion of one Cryingdick. Nothing to see here.

Full stop.

Yes, please.

From $25 billion, to $5 billion to $1 billion, to nothing. 

I'm tired of all this WINNING.

Shadow Presidents Coulter's latest tweet about Trump; "Forget the fact that he’s digging his own grave," Coulter said. "The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot."   It's probably the only thing that she has said that  I agree with!

The man is a fool. He does anything for his "base", which is about 35% of voters, and alienates further the other 65%.

He needs a lesson in basic mathematics. That 35% is not going to win him re-election.

If he had two brain cells to rub together, he would understand that he has to broaden his appeal with other voters, though, it's probably far too late for that now.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Amazing what a president has to go through to implement a piece of infrastructure for the good of all Americans. 

At least he does what he promised to do.

No, he promised to have Mexico PAY for a wall. That's called "bait & switch" and is illegal in any business in the US.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Individual #1 has brought about a direct Constitutional Crisis and he has been advised of this by both Republicans and Democrats. I would wish for an immediate Supreme Court court decision declaring a breach of the Constitutional powers of the Legislative Branch (thus a declaration that he has failed to fulfill his Oath of Office to uphold the Constitution = grounds for impeachment). The storm has gathered more force. Interesting to watch the developing stuff hitting the fan. As I have previously opined, Trump may actually be good for the USA as he is showing the result of allowing the election of someone far out of their depth and what damage can be done.

As far as the supreme court is concerned I would tread softly on that.  It is now a  conservative court and he has invoked his power in a way that has never been challenged before.  I do think that he stepped on his dick when he said that he didn't have to do it but wanted to!

12 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I would wish for an immediate Supreme Court court decision declaring a breach of the Constitutional powers of the Legislative Branch (thus a declaration that he has failed to fulfill his Oath of Office to uphold the Constitution = grounds for impeachment).

The pussy-grabber-in-chief has not thought this one through. He's operating on the assumption it's "his" supreme court. This is a very clear attempt to abuse executive branch power. Even his closest advisers have told him not to go through with this action, and it's gonna blow up in his orange face.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Well not one more dollar for an immorality cried the opposition. 

I can understand the anguish that leads you to deflect every time the question of who the man-child promised would finance the wall comes up but it really is quite sad.

Here, let me refresh your memory:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-37241626/donald-trump-mexico-will-pay-for-the-wall

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Amazing what a president has to go through to implement a piece of infrastructure for the good of all Americans. 

Respect for the constitution is a cornerstone of the U.S.  model of democracy. Congress controls the purse strings.  This has been  the unwavering doctrine since day 1 and even traditionalists like Clarence Thomas will rule against the President when this  makes its way to the Supreme Court.  The declaration of an "Emergency" when there is no evidence of what the President claims as the basis to declare an emergency does not pass muster. The U.S. courts will not bend the constitution for the sake of politics. The last guy who tried to do that was Nixon and the conservatives finished him off after he tried to do it. There are many conservative Republicans in the USA who still put the rule of law and respect for the constitution above politics. You will soon see them in action.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

No.

He lied.

He said the Mexicans would pay for it.

Not the American tax payer.

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Finally. I have long been waiting for this announcement. This is now the most important issue for Trump. His base needs the wall, and the haters also need it for their and their future children's safety, security and preservation of the American state - even if they don't understand that. To put the 8 billion requested into perspective just consider how much the US government hands out yearly in "aid" freebies across the world to countries that hate us. Never has a POTUS achieved so much in any time frame. That 45 has crammed achievement after achievement in just 2 years is nothing short of miraculous. Go the wall!

I thought Mexico was gonna pay.

"we're gonna build a BIG wall - whose gonna pay?"

"Mexico!!!"...........

Hahahaha, everybody and his grandmother knew Mexico was not going to pay for an American wall.

Everyone except Donald FakeTan's voter base.

Still if the wall ever gets built, it keeps Donald Guff's passportless voter base in.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

It is quite obvious it isn't about the wall anymore. The dems do not want any immigration reform. Full stop. 

That's actually a lie.  Counter offers from democrats have involved technology improvements, staffing and foreign policy enhancements to address immigration reform.

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Finally. I have long been waiting for this announcement. This is now the most important issue for Trump. His base needs the wall, and the haters also need it for their and their future children's safety, security and preservation of the American state - even if they don't understand that. To put the 8 billion requested into perspective just consider how much the US government hands out yearly in "aid" freebies across the world to countries that hate us. Never has a POTUS achieved so much in any time frame. That 45 has crammed achievement after achievement in just 2 years is nothing short of miraculous. Go the wall!

Yes its fantastic news , sets a wonderful precedent , in just a few years the democratic president can use executive powers to force through meaningful gun restriction laws . 

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

With an emergency formally declared, Trump was expected to fly later on Friday to his Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida for a holiday break.

Emergency? What emergency?

I have heard that the Mar-a-Lago groundsman has reported a bit of a drainage issue on the 15th hole, just short of the green.

Maybe that's the emergency.

Archived