Prayuth most favoured PM candidate while Pheu Thai party leads – Nida Poll

rooster59

14 hours ago, BobBKK said:

And we all believe that. I don't know one Thai who likes him apart from some in very poor villages that have received 'gifts'.

I live in a very small poor village in the central area. He is laughed at, no one takes any notice of him.

Despite some small handouts by way of long overdue infrastructure like new roads etc.

People who can afford tv turn it off on a Friday when he comes on and crank up the Thai party music.

I think IF there is a vote, he will still control Thailand whether he accepts an official post or not.

He still has the politicians stymied.

14 hours ago, BobBKK said:

And we all believe that. I don't know one Thai who likes him apart from some in very poor villages that have received 'gifts'.

My missus has just got back from the village up North .. The old ladies are voting for him because he gave them all 500 baht each.. They are too dumb to understand it is Tax payers money not his..

16 hours ago, Huayrat said:

My missus has just got back from the village up North .. The old ladies are voting for him because he gave them all 500 baht each.. They are too dumb to understand it is Tax payers money not his..

The small payouts given to very poor subsistence workers was around for a long time before Prayut

and will continue long after him. It has been a sort of old age pension but on a miniscule scale..

The north was a hot bed for the redshirts and many poor do not want to see a return to violence and corruption that existed before.

Prayut at least stopped most of the violence, even though he increased corruption.

It should be noted that the foot plodders in police and army receive a lousy pay.

Out of their pay are many expenses. Their seniors turn a blind eye to petty corruption as long as they get their cut. It is endemic.

That is how it has always been in the whole of SE Asia. 

On 2/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, yellowboat said:

If Cha Cha wins, Thailand loses while Malaysia and Vietnam win.  Guess it is time to prepare to lower your expectations or move to a winner country.  

It’s a good idea to prepare for that eventuality anyway. Even if by some miracle he loses, the winner might be much worse. 

Be careful what you wish for.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:44 PM, RichardColeman said:

I'd feel pretty unhappy with that mate - that means near 75% of the population don;t like you or want you. But hey , with backing of tanks and guns the 25% elite can rule I guess

minorities always rule and will always rule ….. 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:38 PM, Captain_Bob said:

He was sort of a national "hero" for some back in 2014, but since then has overwhelmingly demonstrated Thai-style broken bullshit promises, driving Thailand pitifully backward not forward ("ban nok" Thainess) combined with increasingly Thaksin-esque delusional ego-driven corrupt scheming with more lies to cling to power indefinitely.

พอแล้ว! ออกไป เลย!!! / PAW LAEW! OHK PAI LOEI! (GTFO!) 

Yeah almost makes one long for Thaksin lol talk about a land of little choice.

Archived