Smog eases in and around Bangkok

rooster59

Smog eases in and around Bangkok

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4AKkAfdiBi7oa2pfQeuTQBAT8QBqszHZKhzLU9.jpg

The atmosphere in Bangkok and its suburbs has been declared safe today, with PM2.5 dust particles falling below 50 microns according to the Pollution Control Department. The department said that air quality will improve further tomorrow due, in part, to the tireless efforts of many organisations.

Smog in several northern provinces has also eased today, with excessive levels of PM2.5 dust measured only in Mae Moh district of Lampang, Muang district of Lamphun, Tambon Nachak in Muang district of Phrae province, Tambon Phra Baat in Muang district of Lampang province, Tambon Wiang in Muang district of Nan province and Tambon Ban Dong in Mae Moh district of Lampang province.

In the northern province of Chiang Mai, even though the smog has reduced considerably today, many school children were seen wearing face masks as a precaution. Officials continue to spray water into the air from high-rise buildings.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/smog-eases-in-and-around-bangkok/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-16

1 hour ago, DNPBC0 said:

Well, it has certainly not eased in Khon Khon. Sometimes, it's hard to avoid the notion that, as far as the rest of Thailand is concerned, the Northeast simply doesn't exist or, if it does, it's in another country.

Not eased in Thapla, Uttaradit now 10 days, can not go out on my daily cycle ride

Of 60 k.

Yes, well. The aqicn.org (RTAQ) site has PM2.5 being either moderate or unhealthy for sensitive groups for the past 48 hours. AirVisual has it Good (< 50 AQI) only in Samut Prakan. Only in Rayong do I see some breathable (without a mask) "Good" air.

RTAQ_021710_0110.jpeg.269f46d0d5f24fd74b21d3b61175fc52.jpeg

3 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Well,... because now BKK people take the smog to other provinces for the long weekend... and after the long weekend it will be back again,.....

You wish! The RTAQ was still moderate or unhealthy for sensitive groups all weekend except for 1 hour of good (<50 21:00-2200 Sat. Night).

I'm a cancer survivor from 2016 and probably won't survive a second encounter with it so one might say that I have a dog in this air pollution fight. A PM2.5/N95 mask - don't leave home without it (on).

Archived