Businesswoman wants to become Thailand's first transgender prime minister

rooster59

Businesswoman wants to become Thailand's first transgender prime minister

Jeremy Harmer, Tassanee Vejpongsa

transgender2.jpg

Ms Ngarmpring greets locals as part of election campaigns in Bangkok

As Pinit Ngarmpring, he was a CEO and sports promoter, well known in the world of Thai football. Now, under her preferred new name of Pauline Ngarmpring, she’s pursuing a bid to become the country’s first transgender prime minister. 

The 52-year-old is one of three candidates put forward by a political party for the post in next month’s general election.

She says she wants her nomination to bring hope to the marginalised and open up political space for future generations of LGBT+ people. 

Full story: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-first-transgender-prime-minister-lgbt-election-pauline-ngarmpring-candidate-bangkok-a8780446.html

INDEPENDENT: 2019-02-16

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

As Pinit Ngarmpring, he was a CEO and sports promoter, well known in the world of Thai football. Now, under her preferred new name of Pauline Ngarmpring, she’s pursuing a bid to become the country’s first transgender prime minister. 

Penny would have been a more obvious name change. Have to agree the name Pinit was a bit awkward though, as it's how most Thais would pronounce "penis". 

Wishing her/him good luck. Lots of badly needed luck.

But imagine. So the story goes, Trump ran but never expected to win. He just wanted the exposure apparently. Maybe Pinit will have the same "luck".

Hello Russia. Pinit here. Can you help?

1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Nothing against the gender but countries need a person with morals and empathy in charge not people with strong ties in the business world. No one like trump for example

No one like trump for example, do you even know who is he?

2 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Nothing against the gender but countries need a person with morals and empathy in charge not people with strong ties in the business world. No one like trump for example

We have many of these career politicians in germany that never worked a single day in theit life. They are far away from the struggle of an average german. 

I would argue that every self made businessman who takes cares of employees is a better fit for the job as he's way closer to the people. 

But with self made i mean people like the above mentioned and not the ultra rich thai hiso who got his/her money from his daddy. 

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Or Thaksin, or any other PM in the world, they all have strong ties to money.

3 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Thailand may be the perfect place to have this socio-political experiment.  

I would think that Thailand is one of the worst places to have this socio-political experiment.

With all the chronic problems this country has, why elect someone purely on the basis that they have decided to change gender?

The electorate's focus should be on getting the best person for the job.

The chances are like maybe 1 percent that she'll be the PM. Either Prayut, Abhisit or Sudarat (read that as Thaksin) will get the position, I think.

As for the name, why Pauline ?! Oh, dear. The fascist Aussie politician Pauline Hanson has immediately come to my mind ????  ????

15 minutes ago, JemJem said:

The chances are like maybe 1 percent that she'll be the PM. Either Prayut, Abhisit or Sudarat (read that as Thaksin) will get the position, I think.

As for the name, why Pauline ?! Oh, dear. The fascist Aussie politician Pauline Hanson has immediately come to my mind ????  ????

Pauline Hansum    ????

48 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

I would think that Thailand is one of the worst places to have this socio-political experiment.

With all the chronic problems this country has, why elect someone purely on the basis that they have decided to change gender?

The electorate's focus should be on getting the best person for the job.

It's called identity politics.  Minorities elected for being a woman, person of color, Muslim, Palestinian, with no real qualifications...so why not Transgender?

4 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Oh you mean  People who give our Taxes to the idle so that lifetime workers pensions are a disgrace when they retire . Yeh we need more of them.

Archived