Businesswoman wants to become Thailand's first transgender prime minister

rooster59

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

As for the name, why Pauline ?! Oh, dear. The fascist Aussie politician Pauline Hanson has immediately come to my mind ????  ????

The only Paulines in the UK that spring to mind are Pauline Collins, Pauline Quirke and Pauline Fowler from Eastenders. 

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

No one has the balls to question his fitness to govern. How do his hormone supplements effect his decision making process? Is he subject to bouts of hormone related depression? Will he make objective decisions, or will he become a Crusader for LGBT equality?

Is the public aware that LGBT minority make up only between 0.6 and 5.1 percent of the USA population?

" A 2017 Gallup poll concluded that 4.5% of adult Americans identified as LGBT with 5.1% of women identifying as LGBT, compared with 3.9% of men. A different survey in 2016, from the Williams Institute, estimated that 0.6% of U.S. adults identify as transgender..." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

He is not a woman:

" Female is the sex of an organism, or a part of an organism, that produces non-mobile ova. Barring rare medical conditions, most female mammals, including female humans, have two X chromosomes. Female characteristics vary between different species with some species containing more well defined female characteristics. Both genetics and environment shape the prenatal development of a female."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female Consequently, the LGBT community's definition of gender (with the exception of the rare man who has double x chromosomes) is based upon nothing more than hypothesis.

Well said. While no individual should be automatically rejected for office simply on the grounds of their sex, the points you raise about the fitness of a trans woman for such high office are highly pertinent.

The tiny minority of the population with gender dysphoria - of which, presumably, Pauline is one - often have lifelong physical and mental health issues, as well as a suicide rate many times higher than among the rest of the population.

They also tend to be ideologically driven to see the trans community and LBGTQ people generally as victims of the oppressive majority "cisgender" (their made-up name for the rest of us) population. Objectivity, an essential quality of leadership, is not their strong-point.

This unlikely contender for the country's top political job is a father of two who only "came out" as a trans woman three years ago. If elected as PM, their mission will be to "educate society" about LBGTQ matters. 

Can't wait for the polls to open.

I understand that the term "transgender" is variably used for anybody from a transvestite to a person who has fully transgendered chemically and surgically, and whenever I read about somebody referred to as a transgender I can't help wondering at what point on the road to changing gender this person is. Does anybody have this information?

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2019 at 7:09 AM, harada said:

They could do worse.

image.jpeg

Yeah, they could have a snowflake liberal lefty. Personally I would love it if we had somebody likd Donald Trump running the UK, maybe then the wishes of the people would be carried out.

Brigante7.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, Puccini said:

I understand that the term "transgender" is variably used for anybody from a transvestite to a person who has fully transgendered chemically and surgically, and whenever I read about somebody referred to as a transgender I can't help wondering at what point on the road to changing gender this person is. Does anybody have this information?

No need to wonder, a person can't change their gender/sex, yes they can pretend that they have and live their life that way but it's all in their head. I'm sorry if the truth and reality upsets people but such is life.

Brigante7.

Archived