Suggestion for a Pinned thread

Scattered all over TV there are answers, some right,  some wrong,  to my scenario, a Pinned thread by the TV visa expert I think would be good, the correct info , easy to find, so here goes.   Joe Blogs goes to get his retirement ext, for some reason, irrelevant, he cant renew. He needs to stay in the LOS for as long as possible to either put things right, or get out. Would TV consider this, and only TV can answer that question.

The problem is that (particularly in Thai immigration) no one size fits all. We all know that each office and even each officer is different, so we would likely end up with a thread for each immigration office (and of course, say something bad and out come the defamation lawsuits)

Believe me, similar things have been tried in the past and have always been a nightmare to maintain. A consulate is friendly one week, next week there's a new consul and the place is impossible, two days later and it's all sweetness and light again.

If you have a good solid idea how to make it work with minimum input from staff (remember we are all giving our time freely and for nothing), it could be a runner, but it needs to be simple for both users and staff.

If you want to PM myself or any other Mod with an idea please do so.

One problem I see is that what is "right" and what is "wrong" often depends on the immigration office or border checkpoint you are dealing with. It might even depend on the individual official and their mood that day. Those inconsistencies would make even a pinned thread where only the experts give advice lengthy and confusing to read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indepth said:

Scattered all over TV there are answers, some right,  some wrong,  to my scenario, a Pinned thread by the TV visa expert I think would be good, the correct info , easy to find, so here goes.   Joe Blogs goes to get his retirement ext, for some reason, irrelevant, he cant renew. He needs to stay in the LOS for as long as possible to either put things right, or get out.

Pinned threads can work great for a clearly defined and well-established procedure, such as how to do a 90 day report or get a reentry permit, but a denial of extension is a very individual circumstance and could come down to a variety of reasons, all of which would be pertinent. Any thread that sought to cover all possible scenarios would be inordinately long, and quickly out of date. Your Joe Blogs example above is a case in point, impossible to provide a meaningful answer to it without more specific information. 

• Like 1