400,000 baht at 90 day report after March 01

Hi does anyone know if proof of 400,000 will still be required for my 90 day report for my extension which was obtained August 2018 ? .

Also if i was to obtain an OA in the UK based on funds in a UK bank later this year what proof would be needed on 90 day reports ?

I am wondering... If I am going to apply for a extension based on marriage will there be after march 01 a demand for the seasoning of the 400K 2 months before and 3 month after applying... I know it is for Retirement, but what with Marriage?????

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

The need to show 400,000 at 90 day report was a one off statement in one of the other threads posted by a TV user. As Joe says nothing in the police report about it but it has developed a mind of its own being substained by post such as this one. All they need to do at your next extension is to senie you if 400,000 was not present in your bank account as required

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

How d'you know it's complete blx, you into mental telepathy?

Wish YOU'd chill out and stop posting these smug, unhelpful replies, because to some this is becoming an urgent matter.

I dont know how other areas manage their offices but I do know that Jomtien manages a fully functionalised office. Each numbered section has its own area of responsibility. The retirement desk number 8 has nothing to do with the marriage desk number 7. In the case of 90 days reports, it works incredibly well. You just show up with your passport with the previous slip, no silly forms to fill in. The officer enters your details into the system and issues a new slip. In and out in under 10 minutes. Now I know people are worrying, but I would like to think that most members of TV have some intellegence and common sense. Do you seriously believe the 90 day desk will give 2 hoots about your bank balance, its not their function. In any case many people do a 90 day report online, by post or they may be out the country and not be required to do a 90 day report. So people it all points for me that you will have to show some sort of proof when you do your next renewal that you have not gone below 400k. If you do then no extension. Its the only way of efficiently carrying out these checks. I know the "how do you know" and "wait and see" brigade will come back and dispute this, but its the only one that makes any sense.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jimn said:

I dont know how other areas manage their offices but I do know that Jomtien manages a fully functionalised office. Each numbered section has its own area of responsibility. The retirement desk number 8 has nothing to do with the marriage desk number 7. In the case of 90 days reports, it works incredibly well. You just show up with your passport with the previous slip, no silly forms to fill in. The officer enters your details into the system and issues a new slip. In and out in under 10 minutes. Now I know people are worrying, but I would like to think that most members of TV have some intellegence and common sense. Do you seriously believe the 90 day desk will give 2 hoots about your bank balance, its not their function. In any case many people do a 90 day report online, by post or they may be out the country and not be required to do a 90 day report. So people it all points for me that you will have to show some sort of proof when you do your next renewal that you have not gone below 400k. If you do then no extension. Its the only way of efficiently carrying out these checks. I know the "how do you know" and "wait and see" brigade will come back and dispute this, but its the only one that makes any sense.

Something from Thai immigration making sense????

23 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Come back in 'a couple of moths' with stats of how many have actually left. it's complete testicles.

Nice to see we have ANOTHER thread on one issue. Why can't people chill out, wait a couple of weeks and see what actually emerges. 

Because,oh short sighted one ,if you’ve just extended your retirement visa in January (as I have) and rely on the income method,then it effects your planning effective from this month (February) because in order to have 12 monthly transfers of 65k from abroad to qualify for your next extension,the first one will have to go on this month. Don’t get that done and you will have to resort to the 800k deposit route.

1 minute ago, Graham Hammond said:

What happens if you don't do a 90 day report but leave the country before the due date? (with a re-entry permit of course)

Will you be asked to show funds at the airport on return?

Joe?

I have never been asked in 40+ return entries.

26 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Because,oh short sighted one ,if you’ve just extended your retirement visa in January (as I have) and rely on the income method,then it effects your planning effective from this month (February) because in order to have 12 monthly transfers of 65k from abroad to qualify for your next extension,the first one will have to go on this month. Don’t get that done and you will have to resort to the 800k deposit route.

Who said that ?

Not what I have read.....

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Graham Hammond said:

What happens if you don't do a 90 day report but leave the country before the due date? (with a re-entry permit of course)

Will you be asked to show funds at the airport on return?

Joe?

I have never been asked in 40+ return entries.

Me neither. But talking about after the "New Rules" are introduced

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How many times do I have to state that there is not going to be a requirement to show a bank book when you do your 90 day reports.

That was just a rumor started from a news report by a radio station.

http://www.buriramtimes.com/holding-the-balance-phuket-immigration-clarifies-new-rules-on-retirement-visas-to-start-march-1/?fbclid=IwAR2NdsLZ0MsgquWnuc2WCzsHTllNg__guY3J5V9jZTVi9ZtKbSgr2qurU_Q

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How many times do I have to state that there is not going to be a requirement to show a bank book when you do your 90 day reports.

That was just a rumor started from a news report by a radio station.

and the volunteer at phuket immigration   LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jcord1 said:

Your visa is under the old rules.  For visas approved March 1, 2019 and after the new rules apply.

Just asking... If someone renewed their extension this month, in Feb 2019, do they have to put 400k in bank in Mar 2019? Or, can they wait until Nov 2019 to put 800k in the bank 3 mths prior to their next renewal in Feb 2020 which would be as per the old rules? Would it be worth the risk that the IOs will agree when it's time to renew that you didn't need the 400k?

Edited by BertM