400,000 baht at 90 day report after March 01

50 minutes ago, LucysDad said:

Who said that ?

Not what I have read.....

Read the police rules on the income method effective from January this year ( and on several other threads) which stipulates  that where your embassy no longer offers an income letter, then for each and every month you must show an international transfer of 65k into your Thai account. Miss just one of those months therefore  and the basis for your income based next extension is invalidated. I can’t believe you’ve missed that unless you’ve misunderstood my post? 

PS are you Lucy's Dad from Times on line? 

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Read the police rules on the income method effective from January this year ( and on several other threads) which stipulates  that where your embassy no longer offers an income letter, then for each and every month you must show an international transfer of 65k into your Thai account. Miss just one of those months therefore  and the basis for your income based next extension is invalidated. I can’t believe you’ve missed that unless you’ve misunderstood my post? 

PS are you Lucy's Dad from Times on line? 

Hi, no to your last question.

I read all that and am fairly well-versed. I didn't read that there would be a mandatory 'failure' for not making 12 x 65k in year one. If it said exactly that, then I missed it.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:33 AM, Pattaya46 said:

This has never been a requirement

None

Many?

Most expats - by far - are not impacted by this first change of rules in years.

And where, Pattaya46, have you gleaned this amazing assumptive analysis of the recent changes. You must be very privileged indeed, to have access to this information?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucysDad said:

Hi, no to your last question.

I read all that and am fairly well-versed. I didn't read that there would be a mandatory 'failure' for not making 12 x 65k in year one. If it said exactly that, then I missed it.

Yes,It said from the outset, 65k transferred per month from a foreign transfer ,no provision for making it up by transferring double in the next month.There is also an issue where those using fx companies like Transferwise (rather than expensive banks) into banks other than Bangkok bank are showing up as Domestic transfers on their statements - like my Kasikorn account. Did you see those threads?

3 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:
On 2/16/2019 at 10:33 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Most expats - by far - are not impacted by this first change of rules in years.

And where, Pattaya46, have you gleaned this amazing assumptive analysis of the recent changes.

You must be very privileged indeed, to have access to this information?

This has been discussed several times in the past.

Not even half of expats are on Retirement or Marriage extension (Most are on some work visa, many use O-A or other visa to stay)

Among those on Retirement on Marriage, many will continue to use an Embassy letter (no change) or will continue to keep 800k all year long in a Fixed Deposit account (no change)

Most expats are in one of these previous cases.

The only ones who may be impacted are those who want use the 400/800k in the bank method (or combo) but need the money outside the ex-"3 months seasoning period". Luckily only a small part of expats.

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Yes,It said from the outset, 65k transferred per month from a foreign transfer ,no provision for making it up by transferring double in the next month.There is also an issue where those using fx companies like Transferwise (rather than expensive banks) into banks other than Bangkok bank are showing up as Domestic transfers on their statements - like my Kasikorn account. Did you see those threads?

Yes, I saw them.

I have no issue with TW transfers into my Kasikorn account - they are easily identifiable and cross-reference. Any IO who wants to see 65k+ coming in per month will recognise it.

My question was about automatic 'failure' if someone had, say, missed month 1 at the start of the first year of the changes (but transferred 780k+ over the next 11 months).

On 2/15/2019 at 8:11 PM, rumbo1 said:

Hi does anyone know if proof of 400,000 will still be required for my 90 day report for my extension which was obtained August 2018 ? .

Also if i was to obtain an OA in the UK based on funds in a UK bank later this year what proof would be needed on 90 day reports ?

People posting here have severe comprehension problems. Did any of the order says anything about 90-day report and proving your fund during 90-day report? If it was that simple, people will do a border run and avoid 90-day report altogether.

Big jokes' minions are patrolling the streets. They will check you at random check points and demand to see your passport and bank book. you must carry your bank book all the time. If you don't, they will arrest you and send you to Thai gulag. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

People posting here have severe comprehension problems. Did any of the order says anything about 90-day report and proving your fund during 90-day report? If it was that simple, people will do a border run and avoid 90-day report altogether.

Big jokes' minions are patrolling the streets. They will check you at random check points and demand to see your passport and bank book. you must carry your bank book all the time. If you don't, they will arrest you and send you to Thai gulag. 

So what your saying is for 12 months when you have your new extension there will be no financial checks , however if you have dropped below the requirements you will be refused the following year ?

Then the following year just open a new bank ac with required amount and start again !

12 hours ago, LucysDad said:

Yes, I saw them.

I have no issue with TW transfers into my Kasikorn account - they are easily identifiable and cross-reference. Any IO who wants to see 65k+ coming in per month will recognise it.

My question was about automatic 'failure' if someone had, say, missed month 1 at the start of the first year of the changes (but transferred 780k+ over the next 11 months).

I would counsel you against assuming anything. When I extended in January using BE income letter I asked the IO about this ,showing them an audit trail comprising funds leaving uk bank,fx company 's paperwork and Kasikorn bank book. I may as well have been presenting a paper on the theory of relativity. Now imagine presenting them with 12 sets! Remember,all they had to do in the past was look at income letter and do a simple calculation of the exchange rate,so compared to this what you will assume is straightforward forward will be anything but to an IO. You will arrive with all this as the only basis to renew your visa ,be told 'no good' and then what....you think you will win the argument?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

I would counsel you against assuming anything. When I extended in January using BE income letter I asked the IO about this ,showing them an audit trail comprising funds leaving uk bank,fx company 's paperwork and Kasikorn bank book. I may as well have been presenting a paper on the theory of relativity. Now imagine presenting them with 12 sets! Remember,all they had to do in the past was look at income letter and do a simple calculation of the exchange rate,so compared to this what you will assume is straightforward forward will be anything but to an IO. You will arrive with all this as the only basis to renew your visa ,be told 'no good' and then what....you think you will win the argument?

Where immigration are concerned I assume nothing. I have long said that I doubt their ability to analyse bank statements/passbooks for income assessment purposes.

As said in my previous post, all the information (same as you describe) is there - if someone WANTS to see it.

One thing is for sure, I will not change a very satisfactory money transfer system with TW just to pander to the inadequacies of Thai immigration.

I already have an issue this year whereby I exit Thailand 37 days before my extension expiry date; I have yet to see whether my local immigration office will show any flexibility from their normal 30 day 'rule'. Are my expectations high ?.......................... I don't think so.

I would love to revert to the old multiple entry Non-Imm 'O' visa and not have to deal with immigration offices in Thailand. Unfortunately, I have 3 years to wait before this becomes a possibility.

1 hour ago, LucysDad said:

Where immigration are concerned I assume nothing. I have long said that I doubt their ability to analyse bank statements/passbooks for income assessment purposes.

As said in my previous post, all the information (same as you describe) is there - if someone WANTS to see it.

One thing is for sure, I will not change a very satisfactory money transfer system with TW just to pander to the inadequacies of Thai immigration.

I already have an issue this year whereby I exit Thailand 37 days before my extension expiry date; I have yet to see whether my local immigration office will show any flexibility from their normal 30 day 'rule'. Are my expectations high ?.......................... I don't think so.

I would love to revert to the old multiple entry Non-Imm 'O' visa and not have to deal with immigration offices in Thailand. Unfortunately, I have 3 years to wait before this becomes a possibility.

Well thats just bad planning by you. You always need to make sure you are in the country on your renewal date. I am sure if you go at about 45 days before you leave and explain to them and provide proof of date of flight out of the country that they will accomodate you, as long as you meet the financial requirements.

11 minutes ago, jimn said:

Well thats just bad planning by you. You always need to make sure you are in the country on your renewal date. I am sure if you go at about 45 days before you leave and explain to them and provide proof of date of flight out of the country that they will accomodate you, as long as you meet the financial requirements.

I am pretty sure they won't Jimn.....

I will find out later today when I call in to ask the question...... I will even show them my embassy letter

My international travel are more important than an extension renewal date.

2 hours ago, LucysDad said:

My international travel are more important than an extension renewal date.

Fair enough you obviously have commitments outside Thailand. Give it a go. It depends on you office. I know for a fact that Jomtien alows 30 days and 45 days in exceptional circumstances.