O-A Visa from Thai embassy in London

8 hours ago, Jim P said:

I will soon be applying for my Non Immigrant type O-A visa from the embassy in London.

How long before departure would those that have been through the process recommend, I know I will now have to book an appointment through the online service, I was thinking about one week??

I am an Irish passport holder, do I still need an income affidavit?

My understanding is that the money doesn't have to be seasoned so I can just deposit the equivalent of 800k shortly prior to my visit, is this correct?

Alternatively I have salary and rental income far exceeding 65k per month, is the salary portion of this acceptable? I will be giving up the salary and receiving a pension shortly after my application.

You apply the morning of one day and pickup the next days so week should be enough.

No need for a income affidavit for a OA visa application.

The money does not have to be in the bank for any amount to time.

Have you lookded at the page for the requirements. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

Not sure about the salary part being accepted. Perhaps you should contact them about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you lookded at the page for the requirements. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#7

Not sure about the salary part being accepted. Perhaps you should contact them about it. 

Yes I have checked the requirements I just wanted to be 100% on a few things regarding the income and the affidavit letter which I assume was only used to apply to extensions and not original applications. I will be retiring and then in receipt of a pension but only in the same week as my application and therefore may not have the proof in time. As the money doesn`t have to be seasoned I will deposit £20k before the application to save any possible hassle. Thank you Ubonjoe for taking the time to answer my questions.